• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were missing Mata badly. :/
Yup.

Again, a mistake for you guys to play Mata, Hazard and Oscar midweek.
There was no way that we were going to come out with a half assed squad against United after the result on Sunday though.

Wonder what effect playing a lot of your first team players mid week had on this performance? Definitely looked sub-par.
I don't think it has a great effect to be honest. If you take a wee look over last seasons results for example, you'll see that every time a rival dropped points or we needed to take advantage of a game, we'd come out with a shite performance.

I don't think our full team would of produced much better. We'd of just tossed the game because that's how we roll when we really need the result.

And really, that squad today should still handle Swansea fairly easily. That's not taking anything away from Swansea who are a good side. But we're meant to be the Champions of Europe after all.

Had we of won that game 1-0, even that result would of flattered us.

West Ham
Over 2.5 goals in Juventus/Inter
Over 1.5 goals in Valencia/Madrid

@12/1

Man City to win
A.Madrid to win
Over 2.5 goals in Juventus/Inter

@8/1

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Were Spurs that bad?

Yes. Nobody worked hard enough, nobody paid enough attention and Friedel did a Mannone. Sandro also went off injured. We are down to the bare bones in midfield now and it showed. Wigan deserved it and totally nullified us.

Papa John's tonight I think

@Meus, you didn't happen to find any offers for Falcao and Soldado to score did you?

@Usho, there's no worse feeling than deserving to lose against Wigan at home :(

spidye

Bayern's squad: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Schweinsteiger, Gustavo - Müller, Kroos, Ribéry - Mandzukic

Had we of won that game 1-0, even that result would of flattered us.

We should have started with Ramires, I know he was on a booking but the first half pretty much cost us, we never got out of second gear. We need to sign another central midfielder in January to provide more options and depth. Romeu should be considered a Mikel replacement not a partner and Lampard, well hes getting injury prone and also hes likely to go at the end of the season, which is sad for him but the truth.

dc89

City team:
Hart, Kolo Toure, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Milner, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli.

City Subs:
Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Garcia, Barry, Sinclair and Aguero.

jtb

Banned
Well Chelsea and Spurs dropped points...Just need West Ham to get a result against City and it won't have been a terrible weekend.

Hmm Chelsea play Liverpool and City in the coming weeks. They've also got those crucial CL games coming up.

I'm hopeful a few more points will be dropped in the coming weeks.

Soi-Fong

We should have started with Ramires, I know he was on a booking but the first half pretty much cost us, we never got out of second gear. We need to sign another central midfielder in January to provide more options and depth. Romeu should be considered a Mikel replacement not a partner and Lampard, well hes getting injury prone and also hes likely to go at the end of the season, which is sad for him but the truth.

So.. I'm expecting what... 60 or so million spent by Chelsea come November for Falcao and a CM... Nice...

Wilbur

Banned
Delighted for Norwich, Villa, Swansea, Wigan. Sad for Spurs. Ambivalent about Fulham, Everton, Sunderland. Fuck Chelsea, Stoke.

Romeu hasn't impressed me at all recently.

Also, Sturridge for Moses... what was that about?

Robin van Persie has now scored against all current Premier League clubs. Only one other player has done this - Yakubu.

My fantasy team has done terribly aswell, expected 30 points today, I'm on 13 with 4 players left to go. Captain Hazard did nothing, please come back quickly Mata. =(

Salvadora

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
15 - This is Arsenal's worst start to a Premier League season in the Wenger era, beating the previous low of 16 points in 2011-12. Decline.
Anyone still doubt Arsenal are in decline?

Fry

Hoping for a Bayern loss

image.php

Not looking forward to this match - hoping we can cause City some trouble, but we'll probably fold like we did against Arsenal. I have a feeling that Nolan will steal a cheeky goal, probably from a long-ball that Carroll knocks down to him.

Also, it seems Milner has picked up a knock in the warmup and won't play.

jtb

Banned
My fantasy team has done terribly aswell, expected 30 points today, I'm on 13 with 4 players left to go. Captain Hazard did nothing, please come back quickly Mata. =(

I thought Ronaldo managed that for United too? Depends how they define it, I guess.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

Anyone still doubt Arsenal are in decline?

Been a long time coming. Particularly disappointing given we had such a (relatively) strong start to the season.

So.. I'm expecting what... 60 or so million spent by Chelsea come November for Falcao and a CM... Nice...

I didn't say we should mega bucks £20m-£30m on a midfielder, just that we should get one. I'd be happy if they got McEachran back from Boro to give us more options.

And we're not going to sign Falcao. I highly doubt they will spend that sort of money on a striker again. Im also ok with them shipping out Sturridge.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm actually shocked Marin can't get a single minute with some if the shifts Sturridge has put in. He must not impress RDM in training or something, because it makes no sense to not throw him out there if he's fit to play.

GorillaJu

I'd expect 3 points at Stamford Bridge next weekend but with the team heavily rearranged we lost the players like Maxi, Meireles and Torres (oddly enough 2 of which went to Chelsea) who helped carry us through those fixtures in the past few seasons.

LegoArmo

Copella juice is so nice, but pretty much just a sugar overdose.

Liverpool will lose to Chelsea, Shakhtar will trouble them more.

Zabojnik

JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Standard formation: Buffon; Chiellini, BonuZzzZzzzi, Barzagli; Awesomoah, Principino, Pirlo, Vidal; Vucinic, Giovinco.

So many wasted corners and free kicks as usual. I knew Adebayor and Lloris should have started. Dempsey and Sigurdsson are still struggling to play at the same pace as the rest of the midfield. Walker is still playing crap. Defoe is the same player he has always been. It was the right decision tactically to take him off, but I get the feeling that he probably would have scored despite another shit performance. The fact that we didn't sign another central midfielder is really going to hurt us. You can write this season off if we don't bring in a creative midfielder in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom