• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I really think Balotelli is so over-hyped.

Don't see much prodigious talent there at all.

Half the hype is because he's a character. I think I've seen him play fantastic over a whole game once as opposed to just moments, and that was the Germany game. Overrated as fuck.

Downing is at least trying. I'd have no problem with having him be at LB on a regular basis opposite Johnson, but we need a proper holding midfielder to make that work. Allen is good, but not good enough to support two attacking fullbacks, and we can't rely on Lucas too heavily, even when he's back from injury.

Cole will likely never put on the shirt again. Feels like an eternity since we had a decent number 10 tbh.

I miss Garcia :(

Meier

This is maddening. Possession must be 90/10 in the 2nd half.

He is capable but I think the other 3 strikers City have are quite a bit better.

Agreed. I would prefer we get rid of him to be honest. Take PSG's money or send him off to Milan.

Hope Kolo is okay.. we are quite depleted at RB.

Gambit

I am fine with a Rafinha sub, as Lahm was Bayern's "worst" player today, but why for Ribery?

Heynckes, I'm sorry, I'll never like you

Feorax

Most of the time it looks like Downing doesn't crap a crap.

I thought that, then I saw Joe Cole and realised what that really looked like... :(

Downing goes into his shell far too much in attack because he's just too simplistic a player. That's why I think LB/LWB would suit him more, because all he needs to really do in attack is run down the side of the pitch and put in a half-decent cross, which he is more than capable of.

Not a long term solution by any means, but we have far more pressing issues to deal with in Jan.

EDIT: Interesting retweet by Wilfred Zaha from a guy who said LFC should come and get him in Jan. Wouldn't mind if we could get him for a decent price, but we need an out and out striker first and foremost.

I know Mancini wants to push Yaya on...but he's got 4 at the back AND Barry. Yaya can get forwards anyway.

Tevez off when you need a goal - I dunno. He's different class, I'd want him on there.

Igo

1 x Papa's Lounge Papa's Pepperoni Plus Original / Medium
1 x Papa's Double Pepperoni Original / Extra Extra Large Add: Green Peppers
1 x Papa's Double Pepperoni Original / Extra Extra Large Add: Green chilli peppers
1 x Phish Food™ - Ben & Jerry's™ 500ml Tub

£18.49 TOTAL

<3 Papa's Points
How did you get that third pizza in your order for free?

Ferguson
Mourinho
Guardiola

Klopp
Wenger
Ancelotti
Hiddink
Del Bosque
Conte

Pellegrini
Benitez (debatable, but I'd put him in there)
Villas Boas
Van Gaal

Which category would you put Mancini in? Maybe even one below it?

And yes, I'm aware that there are dozens of managers I've missed

@Igo, if you order from Papa's John's online you earn points, which you can convert to discounts or free pizzas. Not sure if its only in Britain

jtb

Banned
Ferguson
Mourinho
Guardiola

Klopp
Wenger
Ancelotti
Hiddink
Del Bosque
Conte

Pellegrini
Benitez (debatable, but I'd put him in there)
Villas Boas
Van Gaal

Which category would you put Mancini in? Maybe even one below it?

And yes, I'm aware that there are dozens of managers I've missed

@Igo, if you order from Papa's John's online you earn points, which you can convert to discounts or free pizzas. Not sure if its only in Britain

Tier below for sure

Meier

I honestly cannot believe we didn't score. Gutted.

Good defending on our part, especially from Collins, well deserved point. COYI!

At the risk of sounding like doicare, no, it really wasn't. This was absolutely one-sided. But good for you guys, looking a much better team than two seasons ago.

Good show West Ham.

Top of the table. Chelsea and City have some tricky fixtures over the next 3/4 weeks aswell as a game against each other so if we keep the wins ticking over hopefully we can build a lead.

A point won for City there. West Ham fucked over by the linesman.
But I thought City were being flat our cheated?!

Short memories.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ugh I can't believe we lost at home to Wigan. Christ we were shit today. I don't understand why Dempsey, Defoe and Friedel keep getting picked.

Soi-Fong

Good show West Ham.

Top of the table. Chelsea and City have some tricky fixtures over the next 3/4 weeks aswell as a game against each other so if we keep the wins ticking over hopefully we can build a lead.

Hopefully! Glad to see my prediction was off. Was expecting Aguero to score. What happened to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom