• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
His shoulder is clearly offside.

You can't legally score with your shoulder. So that's a null point.

The most recent directive is if any part of your body with which you can legally score a goal is offside then you are offside.

Edit: the above may have been changed in the last couple of years though.

Meier

But I thought City were being flat our cheated?!

Short memories.

Far from it. Watch it again tonight on MOTD, Nolan IS offside although it was very close. Webb was very poor, West Ham ended up receiving 3 yellows but 6 or 7 would have been more appropriate. The decision to end a clear breakaway with no West Ham defenders behind the ball was dreadful.

You can't score with your shoulder. So that's a null point.

RVP begs to differ.

Soi-Fong

Far from it. Watch it again tonight on MOTD, Nolan IS offside although it was very close. Webb was very poor, West Ham ended up receiving 3 yellows but 6 or 7 would have been more appropriate. The decision to end a clear breakaway with no West Ham defenders behind the ball was dreadful.

RVP begs to differ.

Yup. Blame Webb.

You can't score with your shoulder. So that's a null point.

The most recent directive is if any part of your body with which you can score a goal is offside then you are offside.

You can score with youer shoulder. And I think the directive is any part of the body that you can play the ball with. Scoring or not with the part of the body is a needless distinction, since you can legally score with any part of the body outside of the arms

Meier

Yup. Blame Webb.

Team only has themselves to blame for not finishing.. had at least 5 very, very good chances that they couldn't finish. But Webb was awful just the same and his decision to not give the clear penalty to Tevez was the decider in the end.

And they just showed the replay on FSC and yes, Nolan was offside. It's very clear.

large_1.png

Soi-Fong

Team only has themselves to blame for not finishing.. had at least 5 very, very good chances. But Webb was awful just the same.

And they just showed the replay on FSC and yes, Nolan was offside. It's very clear.

Please don't say Webb paid off by Fergie.

Holy shit N'Gog

Comes on as sub
Dives to win a penalty
Scores
Has goal wrongly disallowed
Gets booked
Gets sent off from sarcastically applauding referee

The new Suarez :p

Fry

Guess whose foot this is??

2wgfy.jpg

Ibrahimovic's. Straight red :lol :lol :lol :lol

ok. give me a hug

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522425_557003834316312_1594638879_n.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iBPFkQHRggLkM.gif

Fry

I miss the first minute and Juve is up already?!

Intermerda..

edit: it was offside? Goddamn, the refereeing has been abysmal all around the world, full stop. It's an issue to be resolved at this point.

No, it was very marginal, and on any other day it could have gone entirely the opposite way. City were lucky it was deemed offside, just as we were lucky your lot couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Scum

We lost to Wigan? Fuck! :-/
Ush, Bungie. How was the game? Couldn't be arsed with football this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom