• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

i can see how this thread can be initimidating for others. for example i love me some nba. but everytime i enter the nba thread i feel like "eh, its interesting to read, but i dont wanna bring the effort of posting"

Arnie

I was at Wednesday but the live text on BBC made out that Spurs fans were booing AVB, again. It fucking fluctuates from week to week with them, one minute they're happy as Larry, the next they're booing their manager and team at home.

Oh, don't know if Mat's reading this, but I wish someone could gif Miguel Llera's celebration today, was brilliant. He turned up for the press conferences afterwards and he's got to be the coolest man alive.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We lost to Wigan? Fuck! :-/
Ush, Bungie. How was the game? Couldn't be arsed with football this weekend.

Started out with:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Caulker Vert
Sandro Huddlestone
Lennon Dempsey Bale
JD

Sandro got injured after 20 minutes and Gylfi came on. We did nothing all half and Wigan drew two good saves out of Brad. Second half was more of the same, we were playing like Arsenal and failing to cause Wigan any problems. They won a corner, Brad made an awful mistake on it and patted the ball down for them to score. JD came off for Ade, we tried to get more balls into the box but Wigan defended well, ultra-organised and doubling up on our wide players at all times. Last 15 minutes Walker came off for Tom Carroll, we went for 3 at the back, didn't really make any difference, in fact we could have conceded again were it not for some last ditch tackles. It was exactly like when we lost to them two years ago when we had an injury ravaged side. The fans were embarrassing throughout and their nervous arrogance reflected perfectly in the performance.

It looks like we will turn up at the Etihad next week with the following senior midfielders available:

Tom Huddlestone. That's it. The injuries are killing us, it's not like it's fringe players like last season, this time all the best players are crocked.

rvy

Banned
i can see how this thread can be initimidating for others. for example i love me some nba. but everytime i enter the nba thread i feel like "eh, its interesting to read, but i dont wanna bring the effort of posting"

And you don't know half the rules on top of it.

Scum

Started out with:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Caulker Vert
Sandro Huddlestone
Lennon Dempsey Bale
JD

Sandro got injured after 20 minutes and Gylfi came on. We did nothing all half and Wigan drew two good saves out of Brad. Second half was more of the same, we were playing like Arsenal and failing to cause Wigan any problems. They won a corner, Brad made an awful mistake on it and patted the ball down for them to score. JD came off for Ade, we tried to get more balls into the box but Wigan defended well, ultra-organised and doubling up on our wide players at all times. Last 15 minutes Walker came off for Tom Carroll, we went for 3 at the back, didn't really make any difference, in fact we could have conceded again were it not for some last ditch tackles. It was exactly like when we lost to them two years ago when we had an injury ravaged side. The fans were embarrassing throughout and their nervous arrogance reflected perfectly in the performance.

Fuck! BAE can't come back soon enough. Vert @ LB is a big no-no. And Sandro injured? Ugh! :-(
Lloris and Ade should start next game then.

Cheers for the update. :)

Yeah, lucky, because chances are that any other linesman, or even the same one on a different day, would have called it differently. And was it the right decision? The pundits on ESPN didn't seem to think so.

I'd be more interested in doicare and Lunchbox's bastard child's judgement than that gang of knobends :p

Clegg

Has the difference between SAF and Wenger been made yet?

It was clear as daylight that Clev and Wilshere were going to get sent off. Both had already picked up yellows and were on their final warnings. SAF subbed out Clev but Wenger kept Wilshere on.

Then the inevitable happened. Why couldn't Wenger see it? I imagine he felt the need to keep Wilshere on as he's a good player. It wasn't worth it though.

Salvadora

It was clear as daylight that Clev and Wilshere were going to get sent off. Both had already picked up yellows and were on their final warnings. SAF subbed out Clev but Wenger kept Wilshere on.

Then the inevitable happened. Why couldn't Wenger see it? I imagine he felt the need to keep Wilshere on as he's a good player. It wasn't worth it though.

Wenger did see it and gave his explanation about it in the interview..

D_prOdigy

I was going to make a glib comment asking who possibly it was worth bringing off the Arsenal bench for him, but arguably you could have put Arshavin on then.

/haven't seen the game yet, or read what Wenger had to say

jtb

Banned

Especially since he had just taken off Ramsey for Theo; should've shifted Ramsey center and taken Wilshere off. Fucking idiotic (not that it would've made a difference). Oh well, hopefully this forces Wenger to ease his return even more than he would have before.

Bumhead

Banned
Oh, don't know if Mat's reading this, but I wish someone could gif Miguel Llera's celebration today, was brilliant. He turned up for the press conferences afterwards and he's got to be the coolest man alive.

Llera is a class act. I love him.

FootballFan

Awesome to see Pablo Hernandez finally getting playing time at Swansea(last couple games). Great player.

Sucks that Messi didn't get a goal against Celta Vigo. :( Would have scored for his son.

K1LLER7

Happy that we won today but thought we played poor (attacking-wise)

The sky commentators were on something today. Alan Smith giving the MOTM to Rooney! who missed a penalty, sloppy passing that has to be better for a No.10. only positive was his defensive work of closing down Arteta/Wilshere.

Then they said Valencia had a good game. He was shite. wasted chances, 1v1 would just stand there and wait for the Arsenal team to get back instead of beating a player, which i'm not sure he can do when he's at the edge of the box. Crosses were poor, failed to beat the first man countless times. Doesn't have a left foot and therefore missed a sitter. Only positive was his defensive work and helping Rafael. Not even sure he touched the ball when he tries that little flick leading to the first goal.

#Juved

dhDxF.jpg

Kyoufu

Wow Real Madrid are dog shit. They're at home but Zaragoza has even possession and more threatening.

Is this real life?

dc89

Didn't see the last 40 minutes of the City game. Went out for dinner.

The Italian food was delicious. But I'm not sure it's made up for a 0-0 against West Ham! We're the Champions damn it and we have to win those games.

There is a positive though. 3rd clean sheet in 4 league games, if my memory serves me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom