• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone even entertaining the idea of Neymar going to City? He's nailed on to join Barca or Real.

Didn't Barce release their financials last week with €40m listed as an "unamed and unmovable intangible obligation" (basically a deal they've agreed to sign someone) which Balague was saying was Neymar?

I think Hughes is a good manager, he did well at Blackburn and Fulham, but the problem is, he can't buy a ton of players and get them to gel. He didn't do badly at City but they should have been doing better and this QPR team looks like someone did the LMA Manager challenge of having no players but £100m to spend on who they want...

He did well at Blackburn (although during his management there Blackburn were the Stoke of the time. Dirty team) but that's it. Fulham was all Roy's work.

Kyoufu

I'm just glad we dodged the Junior Hoilett bullet. That guy is destined to get relegated with every club he plays for.

Clegg

Didn't Barce release their financials last week with €40m listed as an "unamed and unmovable intangible obligation" (basically a deal they've agreed to sign someone) which Balague was saying was Neymar?

Yep, I saw that. He's probably going to Barca but I'm sure Real are extremely interested in Neymar.

He did well at Blackburn (although during his management there Blackburn were the Stoke of the time. Dirty team) but that's it. Fulham was all Roy's work.

Its a bit harsh to say a managers work is entirely down to that of another manager. Because if you were going to go down that road I was reading yesterday people saying that what Rodgers did at Swansea was all off the work that Martinez put down at Swansea.

Hughes could have easily walked in and fucked things up but he didn't.

Clegg

The Guardian/Observer are reporting that United are interested in Porto duo James Rodriguez and Jackson Martinez.

Its a bit harsh to say a managers work is entirely down to that of another manager. Because if you were going to go down that road I was reading yesterday people saying that what Rodgers did at Swansea was all off the work that Martinez put down at Swansea.

I don't think that's unfair when he only spent 11 months there. It's hard to form a real opinion with only that amount of time.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, I agree with this. He did a good job at Fulham, eighth is a great position for them. Don't agree he just carried on Roy's work.

The Guardian/Observer are reporting that United are interested in Porto duo James Rodriguez and Jackson Martinez.

Both are class but why the fuck do we never get linked with centre midfielders :(

Wilbur

Banned
The problem with Hughes is his ego. He could do a job at a Championship team and would have continued to do a good job at Fulham, but he thinks he's too good for the Championship. Stupid tosser.

dc89

Is anyone even entertaining the idea of Neymar going to City? He's nailed on to join Barca or Real.

Txikikixikikxixxxiki influence will be great. Not saying we will sign Neymar but we will always be linked to the world class players. We'll sign a massive player soon enough though. Falcao plz.

City's Chairman is in the Ferrari garage at the F1. Dem connections.

Arnie

Both are class but why the fuck do we never get linked with centre midfielders :(
J-Rod's probably a replacement for Nani, although I don't see how your squad needs another striker, so Martinez makes little sense.

Cleverley, Carrick, and Rooney isn't a bad midfield trio, with Kagawa still to return. I often feel United's midfield 'problems' are exasperated. Carrick and bald Tom are no less a pair than Barry/Rodders, Mikel/Ramires to me. There's individual merits to each pairing, but on the balance of things neither one of them is in their own league.

You'd say that Liverpool and Arsenal both have a better 'midfield', but if there's no creativity on the wings or up front then it's completely worthless.

Wilbur

Banned
J-Rod's probably a replacement for Nani, although I don't see how your squad needs another striker, so Martinez makes little sense.

I read this as AgentRodwell and:

UsiJl.gif

Cleverley, Carrick, and Rooney isn't a bad midfield trio, with Kagawa still to return. I often feel United's midfield 'problems' are exasperated. Carrick and bald Tom are no less a pair than Barry/Rodders, Mikel/Ramires to me. There's individual merits to each pairing, but on the balance of things neither one of them is in their own league.

You'd say that Liverpool and Arsenal both have a better 'midfield', but if there's no creativity on the wings or up front then it's completely worthless.

The thing is though, we shouldn't be playing Rooney and Kagawa in centre midfield and Carrick and Cleverley are missing a Keane type player alongside them. If I had utmost faith that Fletcher would reach the level he was at before or Anderson played consistently well for more than 25 minutes at a time, then I wouldn't necessarily see the need for a centre midfielder (considering we have Powell, Jones and in emergency Rooney who can all play there).

Ramires would have been a good buy for us, just has that extra little bit of steel to him that I think we're missing. Arsenal fair enough, but Arteta's a better player than our midfield, even if yesterday he did fuck all #supertom

I can't believe I'd fucking kill for Liverpool's midfield. Lucas and Sahin would be great for us.

Arnie

Hes not 30 'til the start of next season.

Get that in your head.
People were calling him 30 in the summer, and look how tired a point that is now. Age doesn't dictate a player, especially when the age people are quoting is wrong.

People should save themselves the embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom