• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lulz-1.gif

Ian Darke ‏@IanDarkeESPN
Put that Suarez goal right up there among the greatest in Premier league history. Magnificent

Great goal but no not close, I do love a bit of sexy control though so Bergkmaps v Leicester is one of my favourite goals ever

What a magnificent player to watch when he's on song

PJX

I don't know why Gerrard, Stirling & Allen are immune to being subbed under Rodgers. None of them played particularly poorly today and it's unlikely Henderson or Assaidi would have won the game, but when there is a 3rd sub available Rodgers should really take it. Both Allen and Stirling are at risk of burn out with the number of games they play, and Gerrard is always an injury risk. It's just bizarre from Rodgers.

Agreed.

Good result. I'll take that. Both teams suck donkey balls.

LOL @ the irony.

This coming from an Arsenal supporter.

LegoArmo

I feel the opinion on Suarez changing a little. If he keeps playing like that, and scoring goals like that, he'll be much more liked.

sohois

A few more points:

- Shelvey will come in for a lot of stick for missing some easy chances, but it is telling that he is getting in the position to miss them. Other players will not get such criticism for missing simply because they are never in positions to score.

- Set Pieces were generally awful today, regardless of who took them. I don't have stats on set piece goals, but it always seems like Liverpool are worse than other teams at scoring from them.

- Assaidi simply cannot get a game in the PL.

- The midfield, despite often dominating possession, is confused, just as it was under Kenny. You have Allen at DM, Gerrard next to him and Sahin the furthest forward? It's baffling and it seems the players are also confused. This, coupled with the inability to get players into the box, suggests to me that Liverpool should move Suarez into the hole and play Borini/New striker ahead of them once they are able, and play only 2 recognized CMs

edit: one more thing, Downing will probably get some stick as well, but he did fine coming on, created a great chance for Shelvey which is as much as one could expect in 10mins.

LTWheels

I feel that Rogers needs to be more flexible with his system. That playing style should be the long term goal, but we do not have the players for it yet.

I don't know why Gerrard, Stirling & Allen are immune to being subbed under Rodgers. None of them played particularly poorly today and it's unlikely Henderson or Assaidi would have won the game, but when there is a 3rd sub available Rodgers should really take it. Both Allen and Stirling are at risk of burn out with the number of games they play, and Gerrard is always an injury risk. It's just bizarre from Rodgers.

They've become pillars of his squad, that's how Rodgers seems to work. Gerrard will always be in the squad if he doesn't feel too tired. Allen probably got the smoothest cheeks in the squad, Rodgers loves to rub them. I think Sterling will end up being subbed off more often since he's feeling the accumulation of games.

I do believe Rodgers is too stubborn/rigid at times. He's got strong beliefs and of course that's why he got the job but he should be more flexible, both in terms of tactics and personnel.

New contracts only really influence the fee you get when they want to leave. Its wages that keep brilliant players at average clubs
How are you still a member at RAWK?

You must have an alternative posting style over there.

You realise you suck donkey balls too right?

Arsene Wenger might as well go scout a donkey in France and bring him back so he can have his balls sucked oh wait Giroud.
Ahahahahahahahdhahdiahdopaoda

best post

Yen

I fail to see how changing the system will improve results. We can't put the ball in the net, but are getting so many chances that I think it's clear the lack of goals is down to the personnel.

GAF, I'm starting to become addicted to gambling. Put a total of more than 50 euro's on various games this week in the CL, some with such crazy quotas as 1134. I'm an idiot. Gonna lose it all =(

I have no idea how Shelvey didn't put those away. I have it on good authority that he's the type of player to put those types of chances away. I'm extremely shocked.

:lol

PJX

I have no idea how Shelvey didn't put those away. I have it on good authority that he's the type of player to put those types of chances away. I'm extremely shocked.

To be fair to the lad, he usually does when given a clear chance. I'm not sure what happened to him today.

And yes I know you were spitting out banter.

rodvik

(arm around shoulder and uncomfortable face touching)

"I want to build a team around you yeah? You will be like our number 10 right? "

Just wanted to let fellow Champions League fantasy players know that Hulk is out for 2 weeks. Couldn't handle the Russian winter and pulled a hammy. :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah, we have to get our shit together and get results in the Bundesliga. We're not even playing bad, it's just that the points are missing.

Can't believe Hummels didn't score. Smh

I'm gettin a Mic to play halo 4 so you guys can hear my accent lol

I sound like a white boy from socal :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom