• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

if arsenal end up in the top four, it's only because the rest of the teams quite bad (which they kind of are).

unlike last season, however, arsenal don't have a goal scorer like rvp anymore. sure, he never scored more than thirty goals before last season, but he would usually score one goal in every two matches he played at arsenal; he's always had a good goal scoring record. plus, he had been at arsenal for years already and thus had been completely adjusted to premier league football.

giroud, on the other hand, doesn't have rvp's goal scoring record, and this is his first season in the premier league. he might score 10-15 goals this season if he's lucky, but i wouldn't count on it.

who else can score goals? gervinho can't. walcott perhaps, and he might even be arsenal's topscorer for the season, but that'll only be due to the quality of the rest of the strikers. i doubt he'll score many goals, anyway.

arsenal are fucked. ;_;
And by the time we take any action to remedy the squad problems it will be too late.

spidye

Good lord. Gwen Steffani does not age.

she even gets better looking the more she ages.

Ass Creed III is a great game but does an absolutely appalling jobs of explaining it's in game mechanics.

8 hours in and it's totally underwhelming. not even remotely as good as AssCreed 2 was.

It's odd they've changed the fighting system, pressing O to counter feels weird now. I'm enjoying it though, still on Sequence 3.

Is it just me though, or are trees not that climbable? I grab on and then fall off automatically.

play a little longer and they'll be climbable

Wilbur

Banned
Ass Creed III is a great game but does an absolutely appalling jobs of explaining it's in game mechanics.

It's odd they've changed the fighting system, pressing O to counter feels weird now. I'm enjoying it though, still on Sequence 3.

Is it just me though, or are trees not that climbable? I grab on and then fall off automatically.

GorillaJu

How do the Liverpool fans in here think about the game vs Newcastle?

My thoughts:

- We need to be better. :(

- Our play has improved drastically since two years ago but our squad hasn't

- I love you Suarez

Wilbur

Banned
Sammy Ameobi looked good today.

Suarez is one of the top 5 best attacking players in the league.

edit: cheers spidye,
I really like Haytham but he looks silly climbing about in his hat haha

K1LLER7

Sammy Ameobi looked good today.

Suarez is one of the top 5 best attacking players in the league.

edit: cheers spidye,
I really like Haytham but he looks silly climbing about in his hat haha

one of my favourites. needs to cut out the diving but on the ball he's amazing. Can't think of a better dribbler of the ball in the PL.

My thoughts:

- I love you Suarez

-Movement into the box is disgraceful
-Set pieces are dreadful
-Midfield setup is awful when countered
-Enrique is slowly regaining form
-Agger and Skrtel are fine, especially Skrtel
-We are far too reliant on Suarez
-Suso needs to start trying to put his stamp on games
-Shelvey is great at getting into scoring positions
-Shelvey needs a few shooting and heading lessons
-Suarez can't nutmeg someone every game
-Lucas can't come back soon enough
-We need to improve at turning momentum into chances/goals
-Gerrard and Sahin are not quite consistent enough to be deserving of their automatic starter status
-Cisse is well out of form
-Coloccini is a cunt

Moobabe

My thoughts:

- I love you Suarez

I was impressed with some of your play today - Suarez is world class when he's in the mood and not being a JT - the goal was wonderful. Suso was quiet, Gerrard couldn't have been fit - he was awful, and Sterling is bright if a little ineffective.

Fry

With AC 3 being underwhelming, think I'm only getting Halo 4, Hitman and RE6 until next year.

I need to see what RE6 is all about.

My thoughts:

- I love you Suarez

Suarez is such a pleasure to watch when he's trying and isn't diving/whining all over the pitch. Easily in the top 10 of the world right now.

The team would be miles better with Reina, Johnson, Lucas, Huntelaar in it.

Clegg

They definitely could have made the tree climbing a bit better.

They've perfected the climbing and jumping now. Everything is so smooth.

GorillaJu

What is Lucas coming back going to solve if Gerrard is the weak link?

Lucas Allen Sahin sounds good but there's no way Rodgers will leave Gerrard out. He hasn't even subbed him once this season.

Wilbur

Banned
They definitely could have made the tree climbing a bit better.

They've perfected the climbing and jumping now. Everything is so smooth.

Yeah, vaulting low shit and going under things looks great, the animation in the combat is class as well

Not loving it as much as ACII yet, Boston is a bit blander to look at. But its early days.

IdKND.jpg

Guy in the back looks like Messi :p

Feorax

Gerrard has been struggling for some time now. I'd be far happier if we had a dedicated attacking midfielder like Suso, and a dedicated defensive mid like Lucas, so we could stop mixing and matching good players into positions where they struggle. There is definitely a case for sticking Gerrard wide right and Suso in the centre of midfield.

We were gifted an opportunity this weekend with other results in the league, and as usual we failed to take it. That, above all else, is what I see as unacceptable.

Fry

Lucas Allen Sahin sounds good but there's no way Rodgers will leave Gerrard out. He hasn't even subbed him once this season.

Put Gerrard on the bench, push Sahin back and give the AM role to Suso

We won't be countered so easily, and it'll free Allen up to try and have an influence further up the pitch while he essentially does Allen's current job and properly protects the defense

juanpablo

Banned
bg-derryflare.png

Today was FAI Cup Final day, and what a day it was!

Derry City were playing St. Pats. The 1st was cagey but both sides had chances and they went in at the break at 0-0. but the game came alive in the 2nd with Pat's opening the scoring with a sweet freekick, however a combo of some madcap goalkeeping, inspired Derry subs in the form of bringing on Rory Patterson, a penalty and an equalizer at the death sent the game into ET where Derry roared into the lead early on. They held on to win 3-2 AET and beat Pats for the second time in the final in the space of a few years.

For Pats, the 50+ year wait to win the cup continues. For Derry and their 'celeb' supporters like Martin McGuinness and John Hume, it's celebration time!

bg--Derrywin.png

1224326136422.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like what I've seen of Sammy Ameobi. I think he will end up a very similar player to Adebayor, they have the same build and the same controlled clumsiness.

Wilbur

Banned
Gameweek 16, still a while to go.

Theyll more than likely beat us. To win the title we need to make up points on them elsewhere.

Yeah I'm talking shite, they'll be up for the derby and will win it. But we lost the title against Wigan, Blackburn, Everton, not City.

Kyoufu

I like what I've seen of Sammy Ameobi. I think he will end up a very similar player to Adebayor, they have the same build and the same controlled clumsiness.

He played very well in the Europa League game the whole way. Very talented, just needs games and fitness.

Yeah I'm talking shite, they'll be up for the derby and will win it. But we lost the title against Wigan, Blackburn, Everton, not City.
Yeah I'm starting to get confident.

But our team has such a soft underbelly it could all go to shit at anytime.

We're starting to play better though. The last few games we've been improving.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I'm starting to get confident.

But our team has such a soft underbelly it could all go to shit at anytime.

We're starting to play better though. The last few games we've been improving.

Anderson MUST start and hopefully he shows Yaya who the real greatest centre midfield in Premier League history is

TeegsD

Setubal - Sporting is 1-1 at HT. Obviously bad luck has once again caused us to concede but Jeffren scored a sublime goal with the outside of his left foot just a minute after hitting the crossbar/post elbow with a blast. Though once again Portuguese refs are showing their true colors with two miss called offside right after each other. its even better when the commentators try to play devils advocate for the linesman.

Wilbur

Banned
Anderson is the best fat player I have seen in a while.

And for that, he deserves a Ballon d'or (or Carte d'or?).

Viva, attacking wise I think we're looking great. Should have scored at least 5 on Saturday; I'd be worried, but we're sticking it away enough in other matches I'm not too worried. 7 goals in a week against Chelsea is very good. I'd worry that without a fit Fletcher or someone, Carrick will be outmuscled in the centre and they'll do us.

Is he going to show him a DVD of Roy Keane?

Youtube of Shelvey's chances tonight

Wilbur

Banned
Sammy Ameobi reminds me of Welbeck.

But clumsier. If that were possible.

I know what you mean, his gait is very Welbeck and like Usho (I think? might have been ol' monkey ears Bungie) said, Adebayor.

He looked good tonight though, promising enough but excruciatingly raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom