• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I really want to win at betting this week. I won 30 quid my first week betting and haven't won since. I'm sad.

Help me. I need money. I don't have a job. I applied at Blockbusters. Help me.

Lightning

Banned
To be fair you're an Arsenal fan. Not in the best position to be dishing out the insults now are we?

Speaking of positions, is your body ready for a 6th place finish this season?
Doesnt bother me at all. And we won't finish 6th. Everyone may want that but Wenger is an excellent manager and the team will perform when the time comes to get 4th or 3rd like we always do.

Doesnt bother me at all. And we won't finish 6th. Everyone may want that but Wenger is an excellent manager and the team will perform when the time comes to get 4th or 3rd like we always do.

Nope. You don't have RVP. With RVP I think you'd get away with it again, without him I don't see you getting there again.

Tc91

Same thing was said last season when we didn't have Fabregas. Every year is the same.

RVP scored 30+ Fabregas didn't.

You can't rely on Cazorla to score goals whilst your strikers don't look like finding the back of the net. Maybe you could play Walcott upfront but instead Wenger puts him on the bench whilst he waits for a new contract.

lol Ebay

My brother put his XPS laptop up there with a Buy It Now of £400, and I bid £300, which takes it over the reserve. (None of this is planned with my brother btw) £300 remains the high bid until there's like 5 minutes left. I forget that the clock's running down, and this happens

zHTP5.jpg

Salvadora

RVP scored 30+ Fabregas didn't.

You can't rely on Cazorla to score goals whilst your strikers don't look like finding the back of the net. Maybe you could play Walcott upfront but instead Wenger puts him on the bench whilst he waits for a new contract.
Fabregas was the heart of that Arsenal team with iirc the most assists in Europe.
EUROPE'S TOP FIVE* LEAGUES - CHANCES CREATED 2006-11
1 Fabregas - 466

2 Xavi - 455

3 Lampard - 452

4 Pizarro - 427

5 Diego - 423

6 Gerard - 396

7 Totti - 378

8 Giggs - 365

9 Nene - 361

10 Downing - 355
:lol

Meier

Arsenal will not finish top 4 this year.. it's pretty obvious. There only chance is if they somehow manage a HUGE striker signing in January who turns their season around.

Arsenal could easily finish fourth. Its between them and Tottenham, and while neither of them are all that imo, they blow ourselves and Newcastle out of the water, and I can't see Everton sustaining their current form

Hixx

Arsenal could easily finish fourth. Its between them and Tottenham, and while neither of them are all that imo, they blow ourselves and Newcastle out of the water, and I can't see Everton sustaining their current form

Everton will still be in the top 4 this time next week though. It's their annual Easiest Three Points of the Season Faire!

I still back Arsenal to get 4th cos I think Spurs will mess it up.

But I'll be shocked if they finish above Chelsea. Really shocked.

Arsenal do always manage to get top 4, but the team is getting weaker every year. Eventually it's not going to happen unless they begin to add real quality to the side and replace the players they've lost.

How is it? Everyone expected RVP to be cropped and Arsenal would drop out of the top 4, he didn't and Arsenal didn't.

'You finished top 4 because of Van Persie'

'Nobody expected him to be fit'

Why does that matter? What difference does it make? How does it negate anything from the original point?

Kyoufu

How is it? Everyone expected RVP to be cropped and Arsenal would drop out of the top 4, he didn't and Arsenal didn't.

You almost did not make Champions League. It went down to the last day and that was with a world class season by RVP.

I don't see how you can be so confident.

Bo-Locks

I still expect them to scrape 4th place due to how inconsistent Spurs are. Experience will see them through and AVB will mess it up for Spurs.

Salvadora

'You finished top 4 because of Van Persie'

'Nobody expected him to be fit'

Why does that matter? What difference does it make? How does it negate anything from the original point?
I'm simply saying that expectations were that Arsenal would drop out of the top 4 last season, they didn't.
You almost did not make Champions League. It went down to the last day and that was with a world class season by RVP.

I don't see how you can be so confident.

I'm not confident, I'm absolutely terrified.

I'm simply saying that expectations were that Arsenal would drop out of the top 4 last season, they didn't.

But you've lost the guy who got you there, and replaced him with a few guys who in all probability will not provide the impotus and get-out card that he did over the course of the season (aside from April and May)

Then when you factor in Chelsea's improvement and the unlikeliness of Spurs falling apart so spectacularly again, it leaves you fighting for probably one spot rather than 2

Salvadora

But you've lost the guy who got you there, and replaced him with a few guys who in all probability will not provide the impotus and get-out card that he did over the course of the season (aside from April and May)

Then when you factor in Chelsea's improvement and the unlikeliness of Spurs falling apart so spectacularly again, it leaves you fighting for probably one spot rather than 2
All or this is true, and considering that this is the worst start to the league we've had in the Wenger era it could be likely that we drop out of the top 4.

bud

if arsenal end up in the top four, it's only because the rest of the teams quite bad (which they kind of are).

unlike last season, however, arsenal don't have a goal scorer like rvp anymore. sure, he never scored more than thirty goals before last season, but he would usually score one goal in every two matches he played at arsenal; he's always had a good goal scoring record. plus, he had been at arsenal for years already and thus had been completely adjusted to premier league football.

giroud, on the other hand, doesn't have rvp's goal scoring record, and this is his first season in the premier league. he might score 10-15 goals this season if he's lucky, but i wouldn't count on it.

who else can score goals? gervinho can't. walcott perhaps, and he might even be arsenal's topscorer for the season, but that'll only be due to the quality of the rest of the strikers. i doubt he'll score many goals, anyway.

arsenal are fucked. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom