• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Lots of clubs report inaccurate attendance figures.

Eg they count the number of season ticket holders as part of matchday attendance even though not all of them would actually be at the match.

And then you have people that buy tickets for the game and don't bother showing up. And then simply, people just not buying tickets.

City especially seem to have a problem selling tickets for CL games.

Yeah, that's how it's done in all sports. They just track number of tickets sold.. if someone doesn't show up, it doesn't matter to the club as they've already paid and it's much less exact trying to determine the actual number of people who have showed up.

It's a bit odd though that despite being so good at home, the aren't more fans who show up especially given how many used to go to games at Maine Road.

juanpablo

Banned
Guzan has been immense since replacing Given. Whilst his ability ceiling is relatively low for typical Premiership standards he has been in great form for us this season and we wouldn't even have the small amount of points we have now without him.

Plus I've never liked the idea of buying a keeper in January to go straight in to the first team. They need time to build a rapport with your defenders, something best done in the Summer. Given will leave in the Summer and we may get a replacement then depending on where we finis hin the league.

Can't see Given moving on next summer unless Villa are prepared to garnish his wages at another club. He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract so I'd say Villa are stuck with him Warnock/Hutton style.

On the plus side Guzan has been fantastic. Looked ropey at times in previous seasons in terms of commanding his box and coming for crosses. Truly he has come of age. Dare we say it, a decent MON signing? well I never!

Random question but I was watching a game at a bar yesterday (Either the giants game or the tampa bay game). There was a particular car commercial I saw...it looked like a luxury car but I wasnt really focused on that. I was focused on the guy's hair. Do any of you know which brand of car that was?

Random question but I was watching a game at a bar yesterday (Either the giants game or the tampa bay game). There was a particular car commercial I saw...it looked like a luxury car but I wasnt really focused on that. I was focused on the guy's hair. Do any of you know which brand of car that was?
American Football is bollocks.

Get that in your head.

Hixx

ibsBxn3VFdrFZd.gif

Yen

Lol'ing at these Halo reviews. "Game of the Century" "Gaming's greatest achievement" "postmodernist genre bending triumph"
Wow, it's like they were written by overly enthusiastic fans or PR people.

I can do it easy enough, when I get into mode I'm fine. My brain is like a kettle. It's boiling and boiling and my head is going "right pretty soon I really have to do this fucking essay" and then when it whistles I go "I'M FUCKING DOING IT" and I can do the whole thing in an hour with no planning and get relatively good marks. I just haven't hit that point yet.

Question is:

Choose a film adapted from a book, story, play or graphic novel. Discuss the key issues relevant to the adaptation process for that work. Issues you might choose to discuss (and define) include questions of fidelity and what that specifically means, the demands of the particular forms involved (i.e., how do the requirements of cinema differ from prose/comics/drama etc.), audience and industry expectations for that work, genre questions and conventions, etc.. You might examine the adaptation in terms of such elements as story, style, character/narration, theme, etc.. Text which have been adapted more than once are fair game for consideration and discussion.

You're missing the obvious subject for your paper: V for Vendetta. Remember, remember, the fifth of November.

Arnie

Lol'ing at these Halo reviews. "Game of the Century" "Gaming's greatest achievement" "postmodernist genre bending triumph"
Wow, it's like they were written by overly enthusiastic fans or PR people.

Fucking hell, are those actual quotes?

Anyone got any tips for doing your personal statement, hit a brick wall and all I've got so far is a bunch of cliches and the marathon I ran 3 years ago
Eugh personal statement.

What are you applying for and where? Be sure to be original and that your statement doesn't read like a list of things you've done. People try and load them with all the extra things they get up. Don't do that.

Hahaha, shit. So sorry guys. Please continue.
:D

I do like American Football btw. Was just messin.

And don't vote for Romney.

Meier

On the plus side Guzan has been fantastic. Looked ropey at times in previous seasons in terms of commanding his box and coming for crosses. Truly he has come of age. Dare we say it, a decent MON signing? well I never!

If only America had as many very good to great defenders as we do goalkeepers! 3 of them starting in the PL. I am hopeful that Geoff Cameron's time with Stoke will make him even better for the USMNT. Edu needs more playing time. Howard still looks quite young and moves well, so I'll be curious to see how long he stays as our #1 over Guzan.

American mustard? Screw that

I prefer brown/deli mustard.. but yellow mustard is really good on a burger or hot dog. :D

Linius

o_O

Avatars not loading for anyone else? This happens just as I say Chrome has been fine for me in off topic. :lol

Avatars are loading fine in footey thread, but in the AC:III thread they don't :S

edit: My own avatar still doesn't load here, but everybody elses does.

In Chome

Wes

venison crêpe
Can't see Given moving on next summer unless Villa are prepared to garnish his wages at another club. He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract so I'd say Villa are stuck with him Warnock/Hutton style.

Alas you may br right. We can sure as hell try to offload him though.

Lest we forget Guzan was released before the Summer window and re-signed by Lambert when he joined the club.

Uh oh, Mancini's losing it, he says he's won 3 trophies at City.

I'm okay with that actually, means we weren't trophy-less last season. Dat community shield.

Linius

Kind of hyped for tonight, gonna see Grizzly Bear for the first time. They have a superb live reputation so my expectations are high.

Anderson

Eugh personal statement.

What are you applying for and where? Be sure to be original and that your statement doesn't read like a list of things you've done. People try and load them with all the extra things they get up. Don't do that.

Paramedic Science, five I've chosen are Bournemouth, Hertfordshire, Plymouth,Portsmouth and Brighton

That's what my tutor told me, says make it about why you want to do the course and back it up with evidence, cheers for the tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom