• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Nicki Minaj.
LET'S GO TO THE BEACH-EACH LET'S GO GET AWAY THEY SAY WHAT THEY GONNA SAY
HAVE A DRINK-CLINK FOUND THE BUD LIGHT BAD BITCHES LIKE ME IS HARD TO COME BY
THE PATRON-ON LET'S GO GET IT ON
IS IT TOW THREE LEAVE A GOOD TIP
IMMA BLOW OFF MY MONEY AND DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS

IMONTHEFLOORHOORILOVETODANCE
SOGIVEMEMOREMORETILLICANTSTAND
GETONTHEFLOORHOORLIKEITSYOURLASTCHANCE
IFYOUWANTMOREMORETHENHEREIAM

STAR SHIPS WERE MEANT TO FLYHY
HANDS UP AND TOUCH THE SKYHY
CAN'T STOP CAUSE WERE SO HIIIGH
LET'S DO THIS ONE MORE TIME

[distorted]WE'RE HIGHER THAN A MOTHERFUCKER[distorted]

I fucking hate pop music

ibpglioC4SrSe8.jpg

Hixx

BAN BAN BAAAAAH

Let's start a sweepstake of sorts. How many corners and shots on target will Sunderland have this weekend. I reckon 0 and 1. Winner gets fuck all, fwiw.

When Stuttgart scored yesterday their keeper Sven Ulreich ran out to the Copenhagen ultras and yelled FUCK YOU while acting like a cunt, people threw stuff at him and a lighter hit his leg, he then proceeded to fall to the ground (lol) and had to get medical attention much to the entertainment of everyone as he at worst was hit on the leg with a fucking lighter...

When the match was done a few Stuttgart players threw themselves dramatically to the ground to make fun of him. Also the match was apparently one more rocket on the pitch away from being called off as Stuttgart ultras kept throwing all kinds of shit in.

Arnie

Adidas have finally made the new predators in the classic colours I see.

Also, can we canvas how people pronounce Adidas. I pronounce it adee-dus rather than a-dee-das, and most of my mates from the North West do the same.

dc89

Adidas have finally made the new predators in the classic colours I see.

Also, can we canvas how people pronounce Adidas. I pronounce it adee-dus rather than a-dee-das, and most of my mates from the North West do the same.

:eek: in black and red? If so WANT!

I think it's pronounced the second way you mentioned. Wasn't the guy who founded it called Adidasler or something?

faridmon

That's quite a list you got there :lol

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I have a pretty defined taste in rock music and not really a fan of anything else so there's that. New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream was pretty great actually so not all contemporary pop music is terrible, just the 99%. I think I've heard some of those songs on tv commercials before

I do have pretty defined taste in rock music (Shegazing) but as much as I hate mainstream pop music, it doesn't change the fact that there are lot of pop musicians who actually have talent and I wouldn't mind supporting some of them.

Saying that its not for you does not equel the Genre is pretty much shite.

You said you had a difened rock taste, such as what?

You think Dortmund already has enough shirts for this season? Nope, christmas shirt:
GjQOB.jpg

Puma sure love the shitty collars, right? It's fucking terrible, the shirt would look okay without it. Also lol at still not making proper stars

Oxx

You think Dortmund already has enough shirts for this season? Nope, christmas shirt:

Puma sure love the shitty collars, right? It's fucking terrible, the shirt would look okay without it. Also lol at still not making proper stars

Doesn't look very Christmassy.

I do have pretty defined taste in rock music (Shegazing) but as much as I hate mainstream pop music, it doesn't change the fact that there are lot of pop musicians who actually have talent and I wouldn't mind supporting some of them.

Saying that its not for you does not equel the Genre is pretty much shite.

You said you had a difened rock taste, such as what?
Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Joy Division, Stone Roses Beatles and pretty much everything else from the '60s and two that are out of line are System of a Down and Black Sabbath. I'm a big fan of guitar riffs and nice basslines and I'm really picky on the vocals. I just can't stand Radiohead for example because I just loathe the way Yorke sings. I can get really picky at times.

Everything electrical/DJ-ish is really off putting for me, but added effects to the guitar are pretty cool. The majority of pop music has that fabricated DJ-set sound to it that I absolutely loathe, I can't really explain why. Just give me a 4/5 piece band banging some tunes and I'm happy.

Lightning

Banned
Szczesny came through today's game well despite us losing to West Ham. Probably too soon for Fulham unfortunately but it will be great to have him back for the Spurs game. I've got no confidence whatsoever in Mannone and how Wenger can praise him is baffling to me as he is not assured at all. He had an opportunity to stake his claim, a chance he said he deserved, and imo Mannone has let his chance pass him by with some very mediocre performances.

faridmon

Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Joy Division, Stone Roses Beatles and pretty much everything else from the '60s and two that are out of line are System of a Down and Black Sabbath. I'm a big fan of guitar riffs and nice basslines and I'm really picky on the vocals. I just can't stand Radiohead for example because I just loathe the way Yorke sings. I can get really picky at times.

Everything electrical/DJ-ish is really off putting for me, but added effects to the guitar are pretty cool. The majority of pop music has that fabricated DJ-set sound to it that I absolutely loathe, I can't really explain why. Just give me a 4/5 piece band banging some tunes and I'm happy.

Right. well that is fair. I do understand your dislike for those pre-played instrumentals that have been the staple of Electronic Music. To be honest with you, I do feel the same sometime, but once in while, there some indie pop artists who just blow me away, If you don't mind Japanese music, you should really listen to those guys, tey are amazing: Czeccho no Republic

Right. well that is fair. I do understand your dislike for those pre-played instrumentals that have been the staple of Electronic Music. To be honest with you, I do feel the same sometime, but once in while, there some indie pop artists who just blow me away, If you don't mind Japanese music, you should really listen to those guys, tey are amazing: Czeccho no Republic
It's a pity that it's a little heavy on the synth. I don't mind Japanese music, or any foreign language for that matter, just too bad that they rely on the synthesizer that much. I think you can draw the line between pop and rock right there. The synthesizer gives it a much happier and more pleasant tone, where rock sounds a bit heavier and rawer.

On the subject of Japanese music, I adore Lithium Flower from Ghost in the Shell, composed by Yoko Kanno. I know it has English lyrics, but that's the raw sound I'm fond of.

It's a pity that it's a little heavy on the synth. I don't mind Japanese music, or any foreign language for that matter, just too bad that they rely on the synthesizer that much. I think you can draw the line between pop and rock right there. The synthesizer gives it a much happier and more pleasant tone, where rock sounds a bit heavier and rawer.

On the subject of Japanese music, I adore Lithium Flower from Ghost in the Shell, composed by Yoko Kanno. I know it has English lyrics, but that's the raw sound I'm fond of.

If you want to listen to the best Japanese band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmaRJ1nzWCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym4D1UjVFr8&feature=related

We were having a discussion on a rovers forum about the team being leaked, basically a guy on the forum can see the training ground from his bedroom and each week gets the team right, anyway Henning berg has criticised him in the paper for it.

Another guy on the forum says he gets the Liverpool team weekly before the game and said this about this weeks team:

"Sundays LFC Team - Reina Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique Gerrard Allen Sahin Suso Suarez Sterling.

Reina is having a late fitness test which he is expected to pass. Same guy that give me the line up for the Europa League match which was spot on (See my previous posts).'

Just thought I'd share, pointless and maybe bullshit though

Meier

Haven't seen The Wednesday much lately. Looked at the table and I can understand why.. probably hurts to be around football talk. Hopeful for his sake that they stay up at least!

Cheers Jeff. Hope Reina's back, helps us keep possession far better.

Like I say may be bullshit but thought it may be worth sharing

What do people feel about players interacting with fans on twitter? Tis week a fan made a comment to Dickson Etuhu about him being shit basically, Etuhu had a rant back and told him not to come if he doesn't like it. A load of fans think Etuhu is in the wrong but as far as I see it if someone abuses someone then expect to receive some back

Bumhead

Banned
Haven't seen The Wednesday much lately. Looked at the table and I can understand why.. probably hurts to be around football talk. Hopeful for his sake that they stay up at least!

Did you notice I changed username? ;)

Well, that and my baby daughter was born this week.

Football has taken a back seat for me recently but not because of results. I don't shy away from shit results (hell, if I did, nobody would have seen me for the last 15 years).

Hixx

Football has taken a back seat for me recently but not because of results. I don't shy away from shit results (hell, if I did, nobody would have seen me for the last 15 years).

untitled-2d8xs6.gif

ATF487

:O Congrats!

Thought you'd get a "aka The Wednesday" tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom