• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Did you notice I changed username? ;)

Well, that and my baby daughter was born this week.

Football has taken a back seat for me recently but not because of results. I don't shy away from shit results (hell, if I did, nobody would have seen me for the last 15 years).

Ohhh, I didn't know about the name change. I've seen you posting then, just wasn't aware it was you (the avatar change didn't help!). :) Congrats on the young'n!

Thought I'd share this amusing photo of Arshavin and Santos.

155669250.jpeg

Linius

I'm glad I had to practice with Vitesse for the tourney. I lost like 12 consecutive matches in seasons and then I started using Vitesse. Won five in a row now. Just whooped some guy's Celtic 3-0.

Btw, does anybody here know a guide or something about the Halo 4 MP with map lay-outs and such. And how everything actually works, it's so different from Halo 3 :/

Kyoufu

I don't even believe in luck and you are one lucky sod.

In reality it's a 90 quid profit because I had Boro and Betis down on a doubles. Betis were not winning so I made a move where if either side scores, I would profit. Turned out that Granada winning would make me 90 quid.

I'm becoming a pro at this.

I already did Allah's job for him when I encouraged Kyoufu to dump a load of cash on RVP > City.

MY WEEKEND PREDICTIONS:

Arsenal 2 Fulham 1
Everton 3 S'land 0
Reading 2 Norwich 1
Saints 1 Swansea 2
Stoke 1 Q.P.R 0
Wigan 1 WBA 1
Villa 1 United 3
City 2 Spurs 1
NUFC 2 WHam 0
Chelsea 2 Liverpool 0

Bacon, I just checked your last.fm and you've only listened to half of The Rifles' debut album and nothing since.

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif
Super busy lately! Besides that, I've been listening to lots of podcasts that eat away a good hour or so of listening time. What should I be listening to? I've got No Love Lost and The Dreams of a Bumblebee.

Meier

Super busy lately! Besides that, I've been listening to lots of podcasts that eat away a good hour or so of listening time. What should I be listening to? I've got No Love Lost and The Dreams of a Bumblebee.

Listen to their 3 proper albums: No Love Lost, Great Escape and Freedom Run. Just queue up from start to finish.. 2+ hours of great tunes.

Can't comment on best Japanese band, but that first song is pretty damn good. Feels like I should be listening to this staring out of the window on a rainy summer day.

Listen to their 3 proper albums: No Love Lost, Great Escape and Freedom Run. Just queue up from start to finish.. 2+ hours of great tunes.
All right I'll just start with No Love Lost then and work my way down.
That's the one. It's a pity Taken 2 was shit going by all the negative reviews

rodvik

Fuck you UnitedGaf, Fergie had the ref in his pocket! We should have got something from that game.

(I will be posting well after the game so I am just leaving this here as a placeholder).

dc89

Batman Begins Is on Watch and I've got it on. I've tried so many times to get the GF to watch it by saying 'lets watch Batman' and she won't! But this more subtle approach is working. She's actually watching it! REJOICE!

10 years ago today Neville fed The Goat in the last derby at Maine Road. Time flies.
Ahh, all those massive footballing days in City's massive history.

Didnt Goater score a brace at Old Trafford once too? I'm sure he did :(

Today Fergie told MUTV that Vidic would be back in the new year and he told the rest of the press he'd be back before Christmas easily.

Basically, we don't know. Vidic is done and our medical team has got a bout of the Arsenal's.

Clegg

Ahh, all those massive footballing days in City's massive history.

Didnt Goater score a brace at Old Trafford once too? I'm sure he did :(

Today Fergie told MUTV that Vidic would be back in the new year and he told the rest of the press he'd be back before Christmas easily.

Basically, we don't know. Vidic is done and our medical team has got a bout of the Arsenal's.

It really does seem that way doesn't it? Vidic might be done and Rio is fading. It's the end of an era for United.

We'll need to bring in a quality replacement imo. We can't expect to win titles with Evans, Smalling and Jones as our CBs. I have high hopes for Smalling and Jones but they aren't ready to be our main men in defence.

But that gives us another question. How do you replace one of the best defensive partnerships of the last 10 years?

[/B]

It really does seem that way doesn't it? Vidic might be done and Rio is fading. It's the end of an era for United.

We'll need to bring in a quality replacement imo. We can't expect to win titles with Evans, Smalling and Jones as our CBs. I have high hopes for Smalling and Jones but they aren't ready to be our main men in defence.

But that gives us another question. How do you replace one of the best defensive partnerships of the last 10 years?
Its depressing. They were so awesome together, perfect complements. Had all the attributes a strong defensive pairing needed and they were both leaders. From 2006-2010 they were as good as any defensive pairing around.

As you say, that's all but over now. We need to replace them both as players and characters. I think one signing is needed there, a really good one. No idea who though. I think it needs to be a Vidic replacement more than Rio.

rodvik

Will Ferdinand be marking Benteke or Agbonlahor tomorrow?

I would love to see Weimann vs Rio in a foot race.

Our problem though is at the back, even before injuries we were thin.

My guess is lambert will go all out attack again simply because he doesnt have the defenders. I expect a high scoring game, while we most likely will lose it should be pretty exciting to watch.

Its VERY hard to see how the hell we stop ManU's attack from scoring. Guzan can only do so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom