• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, by the way, that Matri touch against Palermo was both a bad touch and an excellent pass. Only Matri can do that. He's that good.

I actually hope he starts alongside Quagliagol. Nothing like playing against a shitty squad like Pescara to boost your morale.
Fade, I don't want to see Matri's face ever again.

And I'd like to think PDC is outside of Italy, locked away somewhere in the deep ocean.
Maybe but we lost and got nothing from it. It hurts, it hurts every damn time.

Jesus rodvik! Control yourself baby! Who's going to troll Barca with me tomorrow?

Wes

venison crêpe
You have to take the match events into account. Villa being 2-0 up and bottling it is annoying regardless of the fact that we all thought they'd lose anyway

Sure but the fact we were 2-0 up in the first place at all is a positive, no? There were good things here as well as negatives for instance Lambert seems to have finally settled on a starting shape for us (4-3-3).

I'm seeing a fair amount of good to go along with the bad from this performance which makes a change from the first month of the season where there was no hope in sight.

Fady K

Good on you for being this positive Wes, I wish I was able to be as positive as you when Chelsea lost to them by being 2 men down to 9 and them winning with an offside goal. It is a rare trait to find in football fans these days and I admire you for it.

Don't make me list everything! I'm sure the likes of Kyoufu and Fady will help. I'll start:

1. Everyone's shit scared of Fergie. The day he retires, the day football changes for the better in England.

2. The countless years of Fergie time.

3. The decisions they get - All. The. Time.

26 damn years DC. He was at the helm four years before you were born. God how lucky are we that we may live to see him retire? Even if United stay good, I seriously cannot wait till he is not managing United. I agree - football may very well change for the better in England. For once, we may have more variety in league dominance from time to time.

Minor gripe: The way betting websites stop updating your accumulators when you lose one. I like seeing how many I get right/wrong, and its annoying having to track down the results and apply them manually in MS Paint :p

Lightning

Banned
Wenger out
I'm being serious when I say if we don't at least qualify for the CL at the end of this season that I want Wenger to step down. Getting sick and tired of his bargin bin buys and refusing to address the same problems in our team.

Last season we conceded a shit ton of goals, over the summer we buy no defensive players (In fact we sold Alex Song), this season our defence is costing us and all Wenger says is we need to defend better?

Our attack is shit, our midfield has the wrong balance and we can't defend and Mannone sucks. Not a great time to be an Arsenal fan.

Kyoufu

I have to agree. SAF is damn good, bordering cheater and when he retires, Man United won't be the force they have been for the past two decades.

dc89

26 damn years DC. He was at the helm four years before you were born. God how lucky are we that we may live to see him retire? Even if United stay good, I seriously cannot wait till he is not managing United. I agree - football may very well change for the better in England. For once, we may have more variety in league dominance from time to time.

I know! Let me get one thing straight before I'm hung by United fans.

It's an amazing achievement, we'll never see it again. I respect that element of Fergie!

FootballFan

image.php

Pep will take over and become a man united legend. winning 5 trebles in a row. Bringing in Messi, Iniesta and Busquets.

bud

Another thing I've noticed is that we've lost our passing game. We no longer move the ball with slick, quick passing.

this is what matters most to me. we haven't looked like winning the league in years, but as a beautiful football fetishist, i've always enjoyed watching us play. but it has been quite poor this season in that respect. this is very worrying.

Don't worry it was all just a little too much at the moment. This is a period I just have to waltz through until it gets better. In a month or so it all will be over I hope.

I'll be ok thanks

Fady K

I have to agree. SAF is damn good, bordering cheater and when he retires, Man United won't be the force they have been for the past two decades.

That would be awesome.

I know! Let me get one thing straight before I'm hung by United fans.

It's an amazing achievement, we'll never see it again. I respect that element of Fergie!

I agree, despite my dislike for the guy, the fact that many of us are dying for him to leave the game shows how good he is. He is legendary.

Hahaha at the people salivating at the thought of Fergie being out of football. So beautiful.

Not as beautiful as it is for when he eventually leaves the club. Even if your team stays strong, not having fergie around will be one of the most beautiful things to happen to the footballing world :p I still think he is a legend. Otherwise we would barely want for him to leave.

Sure but the fact we were 2-0 up in the first place at all is a positive, no? There were good things here as well as negatives for instance Lambert seems to have finally settled on a starting shape for us (4-3-3).

I'm seeing a fair amount of good to go along with the bad from this performance which makes a change from the first month of the season where there was no hope in sight.

On the face of it, its not a problem for Villa, even if its annoying for everyone else who, to be honest, only really wanted to see Man Utd drop points regardless of opponents.

I'd be slightly concerned by your defensive fragility once the momentum changed though :p

I guess its just more disappointing when a team has it in their hands and throw it away so easily, even if nobody expected you to get anything out of the game beforehand

Wilbur

Banned
That would be awesome.

I agree, despite my dislike for the guy, the fact that many of us are dying for him to leave the game shows how good he is. He is legendary.

Not as beautiful as it is for when he eventually leaves the club. Even if your team stays strong, not having fergie around will be one of the most beautiful things to happen to the footballing world :p I still think he is a legend. Otherwise we would barely want for him to leave.

To be honest, I get it. I think for the first few years after he leaves depending on who comes in we should change our focus. If its Mourinho, go for the title. If its Pep, go for building a team and then after a season or two the title. If its Moyes, he needs time and CL qualification should be the aim for a while.

We're not going to be the force we are though, that's for sure.

Fady K

image.php

Pep will take over and become a man united legend. winning 5 trebles in a row. Bringing in Messi, Iniesta and Busquets.

HAHA. Oh man, anyone but Pep and Mou. I'd rather these guys go anywhere else :p

Don't worry it was all just a little too much at the moment. This is a period I just have to waltz through until it gets better. In a month or so it all will be over I hope.

I'll be ok thanks

All the best bro. Not sure what you're going through but God willing I hope you have a better day the moment you wake up after some good rest. No exaggeration but - let us know if you need someone to talk to, we are all friends here.

I will personally deliver the PL Trophy to The Swamp, chane the ribbons and engrave if if it means he retires when the season is over.

I'll be with you when you do so haha. Seriously, I would happily invite the majority of footygaf to a big dinner when he does! If only we were in the same city.

I will be sad when Fergie finally steps down :(

I'll be sad that I may never enjoy the stepping down of a manager like this again :p Imagine he ends up trolling all of us and sticks around till the age of 95. Bummer!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I'll be ok thanks

Play with your fabulous curly hair in the mirror, that ought to cheer you up.

Or play with your dick, it works every time.

Fady K

To be honest, I get it. I think for the first few years after he leaves depending on who comes in we should change our focus. If its Mourinho, go for the title. If its Pep, go for building a team and then after a season or two the title. If its Moyes, he needs time and CL qualification should be the aim for a while.

We're not going to be the force we are though, that's for sure.

Bro, I don't hope that United get weak. I hope they stay healthily strong - as a nonfan I just hope it is not them that keep dominating - or any other club for that matter. Sure, I'd be over the moon if Chelsea can do half of what United did in the last 25 years, but realistically that is impossible because how many Fergie-like managers can you find who will stay with the same club for a quarter of a century? Not very likely.

And maybe it will turn out that United are a force to be reckoned with even without Fergie, you never know.

Not at all :p

Thank God :p My Chelsea meltdown was more than enough :[

K1LLER7

Can't imagine another manager on the touch line at United. Pointing at his watch, shouting/paying the ref while chewing on his wrigleys extras.

Wilbur

Banned
I want Pep to succeed wherever he goes. I think that ManUnited or Bayern would be perfect for him. That way people can keep saying he is only good because of his players.

We're certainly not good because of our players haha, we're good because of Fergus. Any team with Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Paul Scholes and Ashley Young as starters and still top of the table is just cray

Salvadora

Martin Jol saying that's first time he has been at the Emirates and seen anything like that. We've lost our way and style and are heading away from Europe.

Lightning

Banned
I want Pep to succeed wherever he goes. I think that ManUnited or Bayern would be perfect for him. That way people can keep saying he is only good because of his players.
Arsenal should throw the checkbook at Pep so he can sort our team out. We can't even string passes anymore.

Don't worry about Pep going to United. He's City bound. As sad as it is for me to say.
Why be sad? He'll win you the champions league and have you playing the best football in the premier league.

Fady K

Play with your fabulous curly hair in the mirror, that ought to cheer you up.

Or play with your dick, it works every time.

C'mnon Yurt! That is a very short term plan :p

I hate how people discredit Pep just because of the amazing talent he had at Barca. Very unfair IMO. I wouldn't hate Pep wherever he went; I'd just rather he go somewhere I don't mind :p

Fady K

Admittedly, what must be very hard for the United fans is most of them on this thread, if not every single one, had Fergie as their manager by the time they became fans. Must never be easy for the true fans who have had a manager for 26 years. I've only been a football fan for around 2 years, and it hurt seeing Pep go for crying out loud. So I can't imagine how hard it must be for the United fans.

Fintan

It'd be awesome to see a PL with Pep, Mourinho, and Ferguson all managing in it. I wonder if that will happen before Fergie retires.

dc89

Arsenal should throw the checkbook at Pep so he can sort our team out. We can't even string passes anymore.

Why be sad? He'll win you the champions league and have you playing the best football in the premier league.

Sad as Mancini has changed the club for the better!

I do hope when he leaves he goes on good terms.

Pep to Manure and Mourinho to Newcastle. The battle of the Uniteds 90s style once again?

Mourinho would need money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom