• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Clattenburg was miked up throughout the game and he could be heard by his assistants and the fourth official. Their conversations would not have been recorded but they could, in theory, be in a position to assist any inquiry.

This should be sorted out fairly quickly then.

If Clattenburg is guilty then he's gone. If Chelsea lied then fuck them out of the league.

Kyoufu

Is it me or is it really really unlikely a referee would use racism in a match? I mean... that's unheard of here. Players sure, but referees? o_O

Splatt

Damn, this guy got PAID.

A6UjVOCCIAEVtYs.png

can't see shit

xintin

How will they investigate it? Won't it just be Chelsea's word against his?
Article says Clattenburg was mic'd up so what the other officials heard will probably be the deciding factor.
edit - I've never noticed this before but Clattenburg kinda looks like John Terry :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Falcao can stay where he is, Higuain is fantastic.

Madrid don't need a new fancy striker, they need a couple of reliable defenders. That's the only thing* keeping them from La Decima.

*Also Mou's diarrhea mouth

For now it has to be taken very seriously.

But yes, if they are found to be making a false allegation - there should be a heavy punishment.

But you don't make that kind of allegation for no reason whatsoever.

Is it me or is it really really unlikely a referee would use racism in a match? I mean... that's unheard of here. Players sure, but referees? o_O
Yeah, whereas some footballers seem braindead enough to pull shit like that...a ref? Especially knowing he had a mic on? Seems a stretch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For now it has to be taken very seriously.

But yes, if they are found to be making a false allegation - there should be a heavy punishment.

But you don't make that kind of allegation for no reason whatsoever.

Stop being nice to Chelsea, you've got three points written all over your face.

This should be sorted out fairly quickly then.

If Clattenburg is guilty then he's gone. If Chelsea lied then fuck them out of the league.

We don't actually know what they're alleging he said and even if it was BS (which given the whole JT thing recently I doubt they would go into unless they were pretty sure) then they wouldn't kick us out of the league anyway.

One match he is class, next he is garbage.We need a better, clinical striker.Too bad they are rare.Man, i miss Ruud :(

Holy shit! He had one of the best conversion rates in all of Europe last season. Higher than Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao. One bad start to a season and he is thrown under the bus. He must be disgusted with how he is treated as a fresh buy who needs to prove himself every season.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Falcao can stay where he is, Higuain is fantastic.

Madrid don't need a new fancy striker, they need a couple of reliable defenders. That's the only thing* keeping them from La Decima.

*Also Mou's diarrhea mouth

They would've crushed Chelsea in the final had Ramos not skied that penalty kick

thank you based Baaaaaayeeeeern

Yen

Wasn't Clattenberg the guy who owned the paving company and threatened to break a man's legs for not paying him? Think the FA suspended him then.

For what its worth though, i've always said the club were run by idiots. Gourlay, Buck, Tenenbaum (however you spell it) Emanolo (again spelling?). Abramovich needs better people than them around him but I suppose he chose them.

xintin

I'm a little confused on what the second allegation is. It says it was towards a white player so no racial overtones, but offensive language was used?

Are refs not allowed to curse or something?

Lightning

Banned
We don't actually know what they're alleging he said and even if it was BS (which given the whole JT thing recently I doubt they would go into unless they were pretty sure) then they wouldn't kick us out of the league anyway.
Of course they wont kick you out of the league but Chelsea's name will get flushed down the toilet and into the sewer and all credibility for the club will be gone. Heads will need to roll.

But I think there is something in this. I hate this referee.

DailyFail :

Chelsea made a complaint to the Premier League after Mikel stormed into the referee's room to demand an apology after claiming Clattenburg made a racist slur when he booked the midfielder in the 76th minute.

Juan Mata is also involved after Chelsea players claim they heard Clattenburg, one of FIFA’s top officials, refer to the midfielder as ‘a Spanish twat’.

My favorite quote is "Mata is involved because teammates heard Clattenburg say 'Spanish twat'"

So Mata isn't involved really, just his teammates making allegations. I think Mata would surely step up if he would've heard it?

But if Mata didn't hear shit, surely there's no reason for him to start lying and acting like he did. :/

Slizz

But if Mata didn't hear shit, surely there's no reason for him to start lying and acting like he did. :/

Thats why I laugh at Mata being 'involved'.

Also from what I remember(it was a crazy match) I can't seem to remember Mata doing ANYTHING to warrant a response like that. Mata is a class act on the pitch. So Clattenburg had to go out of his way to do the allegation.

Thats why I laugh at Mata being 'involved'.

Also from what I remember(it was a crazy match) I can't seem to remember Mata doing ANYTHING to warrant a response like that. Mata is a class act on the pitch. So Clattenburg had to go out of his way to do the allegation.

Does sound more like something you would say about Torres... Mostly because he is a twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom