• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
227474hp2.jpg

PJX

Didn't get to watch is play. Were we terrible and lucky to get a draw or is that just the Guardian's spin on things?

We were lucky not to be down 3-0 by half time. But 2nd half we kicked it up a notch after Suso came on and they were lucky for us not to beat them 3-1. Suarez hit wide and Enrique took a soft shot that was saved by Cech. Had he drilled it with a power shot we would have won. It was a beautiful link up play to.

Yen

Didn't get to watch is play. Were we terrible and lucky to get a draw or is that just the Guardian's spin on things?

Very defensive. Second half we switch from 352 to 433 with Enrique as a left midfielder, played a lot better. Enrique and Johnson were our best players, I think. Suso and Carra also played well.

Clegg

I reckon Peter Crouch has the worst sex face.

Andy Carroll might have a bad one too. Willkiller could probably tell us about it.

Feorax

We were lucky not to be down 3-0 by half time. But 2nd half we kicked it up a notch after Suso came on and they were lucky for us not to beat them 3-1. Suarez hit wide and Enrique took a soft shot that was saved by Cech. Had he drilled it with a power shot we would have won. It was a beautiful link up play to.

Also Brad Jones did exceptionally well again. His distribution is a bit shite, but he's a great shot-stopper, and we're still unbeaten in the league whilst he's been in goal.

Pepe has a bit of competition at last.

EDIT: Torres looked absolutely gutted looking at our fans after he was subbed. I think he needs to go back to Spain, his head's gone.

Very interesting article about the Lewandowski rumors, it's from Röckenhaus who's one of only a few journalists with good sources in Dortmund:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/po...wski-kein-mensch-weiss-was-das-soll-1.1520538

Most interesting points:
- Lewandowski wants to leave for England, his dream is United
- Frogson made a real offer for Lewandowski this summer and wanted him together with Shinji
- Dortmund said "we're not selling"
- Frogson was very surprised and bought van Persie (lol)
- Lewandowski's player agents are desperately trying to get the attention of a "big" club because United's (obviously) not longer interested and there's no other interest

I'm not sure if we should keep him. Of course he's playing great and it'll be hard to replace him (impossible for that price?). But there's still that risk he might sign a new contract at Dortmund because no one is (seriously) interested and he starts to suck while getting high wages because he doesn't care anymore.

GorillaJu

We were lucky not to be down 3-0 by half time. But 2nd half we kicked it up a notch after Suso came on and they were lucky for us not to beat them 3-1. Suarez hit wide and Enrique took a soft shot that was saved by Cech. had he drilled it with a power shot we would have won.

Bummer. So both teams were wasteful then. <3 Suarez

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking hell.

2-0 up at home against Spurs. 5 minutes left. Ends 2-2
1-0 up away against West Brom. 3 minutes left. Ends 2-1 to them
1-1 away at Newcastle. Miss a last minute penalty.
0-0 away at West Ham in the CoC. Miss a last minute penalty. They score after.

Fuck Football Manager :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Despite saying I'm taking a break from gambling literally two hours ago, I've just decided to put £20 on the Eagles to win today, mainly because I've actually heard of them before. What could possibly go wrong?

I wouldn't bet on this game at all. Both the Cowboys and Eagles have been up and down all year. Trap game for any better.

By the way, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows ever made.

Mastadon

Banned
I wouldn't bet on this game at all. Both the Cowboys and Eagles have been up and down all year. Trap game for any better.

By the way, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows ever made.

Well I thought that Michael Vick seemed like a stand up fellow, so I put my money on him.

On the plus side Mick Vick left the game injured so you might have a shot.

Oh.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
lol we so don't deserve the liguilla
Fucking hell.

2-0 up at home against Spurs. 5 minutes left. Ends 2-2
1-0 up away against West Brom. 3 minutes left. Ends 2-1
1-1 away at Newcastle. Miss a last minute penalty.
0-0 away at West Ham in the CoC. Miss a last minute penalty. They score after.

Fuck Football Manager :(
You managing Arsenal bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom