• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Even if you don't rate Nani, you don't sell your depth without replacing them, especially when your other wingers proved a bit useless the previous year. Squad depth and options are important, if Nani is playing bad, Young gets a go, if he's playing bad, Valencia gets a go. Form comes and goes.

Rumour was Nani is signing a new contract, last I heard anyway. I assume it'll be with the same terms if he does.

Fergie

Banned
Which attacker do you think is available and would be great for United?
0394_gfkj7.gif

And as I said he was a bit part player last year so how would it matter if he were to leave too? It's not as if we'd have missed him last year. After 6 or 7 years of being frustrating regularly it's clear that although Nani has the skills but he doesn't have the football intelligence to put them to good use. I would love to see him sign a new contract with realistic wages suited to his ability and what he has achieved, then have a great season and be rewarded appropriately but that just isn't going to happen. If Nani was going to be a great player for us he'd have shown it by now rather than just every handful of games. You can focus all you want on what he can do but it makes little difference as he doesn't do it.

Very, hopefully Moyes gives him a good chance.

Exactly, I don't get why everyone is so tetchy about transfers. We're not even halfway through the window yet.

If Rooney and Nani are sold you're losing production from both of those players. Someone needs to replace Rooney. If Nani was a bit part player last season (you're correct), then one needs to put Young on that last as well.

If Rooney is sold, a replacement is needed to displace Young. Who's available?

Also, no idea why you're saying 6 or 7 years of being frustrated. What you were expecting of young Nani? Last season should have been the only disappointing season from him as he was already in his prime.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've never seen this Adnan play, and I'm sure he's a very nice young chap, but just by the way he's talked about in here constantly I already despise him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB says Spurs are "willing to continue to have" Bale.

Maybe it's just AVB speak but that sounds kind of strange to me.

‘I want to repeat what I was telling you last season and what I was telling you from the beginning of pre-season so I cannot extend myself.

'He is a player that we are willing to continue to have, he’s a Tottenham player, he’s one of the most fantastic players in the world at the moment and we are counting on him for the future.'

I think it's just AVB speak for 'we are willing to turn down all offers' despite the money we could get.

‘I want to repeat what I was telling you last season and what I was telling you from the beginning of pre-season so I cannot extend myself.

'He is a player that we are willing to continue to have, he’s a Tottenham player, he’s one of the most fantastic players in the world at the moment and we are counting on him for the future.'

I think it's just AVB speak for 'we are willing to turn down all offers' despite the money we could get.
Ah. Should have known to look for the full quote.

Willing to continue to have. Haha AVB is awesome.

kharma45

If Rooney and Nani are sold you're losing production from both of those players. Someone needs to replace Rooney. If Nani was a bit part player last season (you're correct), then one needs to put Young on that last as well.

If Rooney is sold, a replacement is needed to displace Young. Who's available?

Also, no idea why you're saying 6 or 7 years of being frustrated. What you were expecting of young Nani? Last season should have been the only disappointing season from him as he was already in his prime.

He'll be 27 in November, he hasn't been a young player for a good few seasons now. As for who is available, someone like Lamela would not be an unrealistic target. Fabio or Buttner could also do a decent job on the wing there too.

LTWheels

Ryan Babel agenting for us:

Ryan Babel ‏@RyanBabel 1h
4 the LFC fans who have questions about Eriksen, i've gave him enough information about the club during past season.. so he understands LFC

In my opinion its LFC who have to make the real effort to get him, then i'm confident for a good ending. #LFC

Yen

Ryan Babel agenting for us:

4 the LFC fans who have questions about Eriksen, i've gave him enough information about the club during past season.. so he understands LFC

In my opinion its LFC who have to make the real effort to get him, then i'm confident for a good ending. #LFC

Probably trolling/stirring

Wes

venison crêpe
Soldado doesn't feel like a Spurs signing to me for some reason. I'm sure he'll do well for them though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Soldado doesn't feel like a Spurs signing to me for some reason. I'm sure he'll do well for them though.

That's because he's a top striker. We haven't signed one of those for 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom