• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Missing the game, got work.

If we can get rid of Nani for 15m or so I'd be all for it but for 8-10m we might as well keep him. I'd much rather flog Young to Nottingham Forest.

skill3jdz1a.gif

LegoArmo

United need to be careful, squad depth and strength is the main reason they won a lot of their titles recently.

You can't send Moyes into the season with Young and Valencia as his first choice wingers, when they're coming off mid table level seasons, or worse.

It's probably a safe bet that one of the three will be okay next year, so keep the options, or sign someone.

Nani wouldn't be a big miss. He was a bit part player last year, I think a title winning team can manage without a bit parter.

And he and rooney are the creative hub of United? Lol. R.V.P

We're not including RVP as we're only discussing the creativity behind the strikers.

------------------------------------Striker
Nani/Young/Shinji/Welbeck --Shinji/Rooney -- Zaha/Nani/Valencia

If Rooney and Nani are sold, you're left with Young or Welbeck on the left side and they both don't provide as much production as Nani. Nani has more end product than Welbeck and has better technique than Young.

I wanted Rooney sold, but only if an attacking midfielder was brought in to take up the left side. A replacement isn't looking likely anymore, but Rooney being sold is looking likely. You either gamble on a potential great Nani season or you're left with nothing.

rvy

Banned
HOLY SHIT

Falcao is supposedly 29 years old and not 27 as he claims. A columbian Tv channel did some research and found out he went to pre-school in 1989. he had to be at least 5 years old at that time

AHMAGAAAAAAAAAD

I knew it. Time to kill some burras.

Wilbur

Banned
No wonder Andres has gone missing. He's like Ace Ventura, seeking solace and isolation in a donkey's sweet bristly pussy

FootballFan

I have solved the mystery.

Messi has got this Martino guy only because of Neymar.

Martino now owes Messi for getting him this job. He will favour and focus the team even more on Messi. Neymar will be ordered to just pass and never dribble or do anything fancy.

Messi has started our downfall. He can't be this jealous, almost as jealous as Pulga if my theory is true.

Neymar save us.

pappe

I have solved the mystery.

Messi has got this Martino guy only because of Neymar.

Martino now owes Messi for getting him this job. He will favour and focus the team even more on Messi. Neymar will be ordered to just pass and never dribble or do anything fancy.

Messi has started our downfall. He can't be this jealous, almost as jealous as Pulga if my theory is true.

Neymar save us.

Just sell us Messi for 100m... problem solved.

kharma45

I don't want to rely on Nani if Rooney is sold, but there is no one to replace Rooney right now. That's just the way it is right now. James would have been perfect, but he was sold to Monaco. He could have been the attacking midfielder (even better as he could be put on the left and let Shinji work the middle) to replace Rooney. Relying on Nani is a gamble, but it's much better than just selling Rooney and Nani.

Nani is a better player than Young and Valencia. Nani's best season was better than their best, and his worst season was better than Young's and Valencia's worst season.

Nani - 3 goals, 6 assists
Young - 0 goals, 3 assists
Valencia - 1 goal, 7 assists

Nani had the fewest appearances of all of them too. Again, it would be a disaster if Nani and Rooney are sold. At least Nani provides a spark and has better technique than Young and Valencia. He can potentially turn the best season of all of them, but that isn't guaranteed as last season proved.

I can't stress enough that Rooney being sold, and keeping Nani is a gamble, but it's still better than just guaranteeing a shit season from the left wing next season.

I agree that Nani is better than both Young and Valencia but only when he actually tries which is oh so rare. How though can it be a disaster if Nani were sold when we waltzed to the league title last year without him?

Nani can create something out of nothing, either with a long shot, a bit of skill, or his lightning pace, and close dribbling. You've got a short memory.

He might make the wrong decision sometimes, but it's there, he has it in his locker

Personally, I wouldn't be selling Nani, and I would be buying another winger on top of him too.

Yeah he usually creates goal kicks for the other team with those long range shots. His skills? You mean where he runs at a man, stops and then passes backwards? It's like he taught Ashley Young how to beat a man.

He might make the wrong decision sometimes? It's most of the time, it's sometimes when he picks the right one. Give Nani 2 good options and 1 bad and somehow he'll still manage to pick the wrong one.

HOLY SHIT

Falcao is supposedly 29 years old and not 27 as he claims. A columbian Tv channel did some research and found out he went to pre-school in 1989. he had to be at least 5 years old at that time

They forgot to calculate with the youth processing that happens when you fuck a donkey.

I agree that Nani is better than both Young and Valencia but only when he actually tries which is oh so rare. How though can it be a disaster if Nani were sold when we waltzed to the league title last year without him?

Yeah he usually creates goal kicks for the other team with those long range shots. His skills? You mean where he runs at a man, stops and then passes backwards? It's like he taught Ashley Young how to beat a man.

He might make the wrong decision sometimes? It's most of the time, it's sometimes when he picks the right one. Give Nani 2 good options and 1 bad and somehow he'll still manage to pick the wrong one.

I said it would be a disaster if both him and rooney are sold.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Here cometh the thunder storms, fantastic, half tempted to go and run around in the rain

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
HOLY SHIT

Andres explain this

L1NETT

I wanted Rooney sold, but only if an attacking midfielder was brought in to take up the left side. A replacement isn't looking likely anymore, but Rooney being sold is looking likely. You either gamble on a potential great Nani season or you're left with nothing.

Or, if you sell Nani you can free up the wages to sign someone?

Even massive clubs have wage structures.

The only options aren't either keeping nani or getting rid of him. On the bolded, it isn't even August yet so "not looking likely" is a very strange thing to say.

Here cometh the thunder storms, fantastic, half tempted to go and run around in the rain

Was rubbish. Had it about 8.00 here. Even I last longer.

kharma45

I said it would be a disaster if both him and rooney are sold.

And as I said he was a bit part player last year so how would it matter if he were to leave too? It's not as if we'd have missed him last year. After 6 or 7 years of being frustrating regularly it's clear that although Nani has the skills but he doesn't have the football intelligence to put them to good use. I would love to see him sign a new contract with realistic wages suited to his ability and what he has achieved, then have a great season and be rewarded appropriately but that just isn't going to happen. If Nani was going to be a great player for us he'd have shown it by now rather than just every handful of games. You can focus all you want on what he can do but it makes little difference as he doesn't do it.

I know it's only pre-season but Januzaj starting alongside RVP is encouraging.

Very, hopefully Moyes gives him a good chance.

The only options aren't either keeping nani or getting rid of him. On the bolded, it isn't even August yet so "not looking likely" is a very strange thing to say.

Exactly, I don't get why everyone is so tetchy about transfers. We're not even halfway through the window yet.

Was rubbish. Had it about 8.00 here. Even I last longer.

Which attacker do you think is available and would be great for United?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom