• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's not a fake injury, he had this last week and missed the Colchester match. He's out there with the squad and will play the second match of this trophy.

I suppose Rooney's injury is fake as well?

panty

How much is Higuain costing, near 40m? Such a step down from Cavani it's unreal.

Such a step down? Cavani might be better than Pipa but you're talking like he isn't anywhere near as good.

gonzalo_higuain1vuqr.jpg

He's a damn fine striker. Can't do anything else than to thank him for the 7 years he was with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCDyoGSVTQ

Ushojax

Ugh why is Deuce down the middle

His touch is so shit. Gylfi should be where he is.

Wilbur

Banned
Such a step down? Cavani might be better than Pipa but you're talking like he isn't anywhere near as good.

He's a damn fine striker. Can't do anything else than to thank him for the 7 years he was with us.

He's pretty good. Not as clinical as someone playing for Real Madrid should be, and even if you aren't that clinical and you're still going for 40/50m, you should be a fantastic footballer - see Suarez.

Higuain isn't particularly amazing at anything. Pretty fast. Pretty strong. Pretty intelligent. Pretty selfless. Pretty good. But Cavani is one of the absolute best in the world. He'll do well in Italy I'm sure, but it's silly of Napoli to have got 55m for someone like Cavani and spend almost all of it on someone like Higuain.

LTWheels

As Toure is not playing, this should mean that we will see Kelly at centre back I stead of RB in the second half. Interested to see him play there.

FootballFan

Higuain and Reina having their medicals at Napoli.

Not bad, not bad, price is too high for all these players though..Higuain is not a 40m player lol.

Rafa has to find some better defenders. Zuniga, Armero, Maggio are fine but the CBs are so slow. Canna, Mesto, Britos, Albiol, Gamberini etc.

Campagnaro the cunt should have stayed.

The rest of the squad is very good imo. I think 2nd place is a good target for next season again, or third place, depends what Rafa does.

panty

He's pretty good. Not as clinical as someone playing for Real Madrid should be, and even if you aren't that clinical and you're still going for 40/50m, you should be a fantastic footballer - see Suarez.

Higuain isn't particularly amazing at anything. Pretty fast. Pretty strong. Pretty intelligent. Pretty selfless. Pretty good. But Cavani is one of the absolute best in the world. He'll do well in Italy I'm sure, but it's silly of Napoli to have got 55m for someone like Cavani and spend almost all of it on someone like Higuain.

Higuain just needs some playing time. Even though he has had to fight for his place almost every year he has scored a decent amount of goals. Suarez' track record isn't that much better or even at all from recent years. I know he'll do good in Italy.

http://youtu.be/zjCDyoGSVTQ?t=2m21s - just magical

Splatt

When I read that yesterday I instantly knew you'd post it. Verbrecher-Cup however is polemic, especially when the author pretends that DFB is a nice, transparent, non-dubious organization. Calling someone a criminal that hasn't been sentenced/put on trial also leaves a bad taste.

I totally agree with him, it's ridiculous to have a cup named after Hoeneß. The article is totally over the top, thouhg. It's written with so much hate for Bayern, it's awesome, you can feel the hate. I love it. That short info on the author says he was raised in München, I bet he's a 1860 fan lol

Farewell, sweet Pipa. Good riddance in your new adventure at Napoli. You shall be missed.

I hope we don't regret this, but it's clear that he didn't want to stay any longer.

578119_3142465166762_15790380_n.jpg

Feorax

Ibe looking good.

He's exceptional. I'm so glad we binned our interest in Atsu to give Ibe and Sterling more time.

It's a shame we don't really have any strong English number 10's coming through the ranks, because the likes of these two behind someone like Jordan Rhodes could be very promising for English football.

But, of course, Roy :(.

LTWheels

I feel bad for Borini. Getting next to no service. When he gets the ball his only option is to lay it off. When he does make a run, he is surrounded by 5 defenders in the box. No other Liverpool players are in the box to draw defenders.

@BBCSport: Scottish top flight renamed "Scottish Premiership" with Div 1 renamed "Scottish Championship". D2 & D3 become D1 & D2 http://t.co/0gYKUIOAyV

Copycats.

FootballFan

Gerrard playing and moving well. Nice goal.

Hitcher you probably missed my post or I missed yours, either way I know you care a lot about this. :p

I was winning 4-0 with Liverpool in div 4, psn signed out 30th minute. I got my first loss like that.. :(

36 wins, 2 draws, 1 bs loss. :(

My hopes were up, right after it disconnected, it seemed the game didn't count, 5 mins later a loss appeared in my record.

YNWA

Feorax

Joe Allen sounds like he's back to the form he was in at the first half of last season.

I know they don't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but our pre-season games so far must be giving the team plenty of confidence in their own ability. Just need to see if the consistency comes with it.

rossonero

Dat LoLiga defending and goalkeeping. Also noticed there was only one CL goal in there, against Dinamo Zagreb. Was he ever decisive for you?

Napoli haven't exactly invested their Cavani money wisely. That's good and surprising.

Wilbur

Banned
Not bad, not bad, price is too high for all these players though..Higuain is not a 40m player lol.

Rafa has to find some better defenders. Zuniga, Armero, Maggio are fine but the CBs are so slow. Canna, Mesto, Britos, Albiol, Gamberini etc.

Campagnaro the cunt should have stayed.

The rest of the squad is very good imo. I think 2nd place is a good target for next season again, or third place, depends what Rafa does.

Milan will get second, squad's looking good this year. But after that, you realistically have Napoli/Lazio/Fiorentina/Udinese and Roma/Inter with two better managers than they had last year. Race for third should be fun. Forza Viola!

Why did you say that n word to wilbur?

:lol

It is 90% their reserves, Victory's best players are with Australia at the useless East Asian Cup. Apparently they have 7-8 players under 21 playing, pretty useless really except for being a good money maker.

Cheers bro, went to bed like a minute before you posted :D

Farewell, sweet Pipa. Good riddance in your new adventure at Napoli. You shall be missed.

I hope we don't regret this, but it's clear that he didn't want to stay any longer.

Good riddance is not a positive saying :p

Hitcher you probably missed my post or I missed yours, either way I know you care a lot about this. :p

I was winning 4-0 with Liverpool in div 4, psn signed out 30th minute. I got my first loss like that.. :(

36 wins, 2 draws, 1 bs loss. :(

My hopes were up, right after it disconnected, it seemed the game didn't count, 5 mins later a loss appeared in my record.

YNWA

Ain't nothing can keep us down except for technical issues :D

FootballFan

Dat LoLiga defending and goalkeeping. Also noticed there was only one CL goal in there, against Dinamo Zagreb. Was he ever decisive for you?

Napoli haven't exactly invested their Cavani money wisely. That's good and surprising.

Argentina 32 games 20 goals. Lethal :p

Yeah I agree on the Napoli thing. Albiol, Higuain and Callejon wasting all the Cavani money. Could have done better. Higuain should have cost less, same with Albiol.

Higuain was necessary, Callejon is not bad either, as for Albiol, they could have found much better or cheaper options.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs' squad looks stacked.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton
Kaboul/Caulker
Vertonghen/Dawson
Ekotto/Rose
Sandro/Carroll
Paulinho/Holtby
Dembele/Gylfi
Lennon/Townsend
Soldado?/Ade
Bale/Chadli

On paper, that's scary as fuck.

Yeah It's a real shame how he feel he was 'treated' and a damn shame to lose him : (

I'm going to sport his jersey some day too!

Are you buying any kits this season?

I'm thinking about Isco or Özil, but man, the font we're using this year is utter shit.

Seriously, wtf???

real_madrid_13_14_home_kit_ronaldo.jpg

It's worse than Comic Sans.

I feel bad for Borini. Getting next to no service. When he gets the ball his only option is to lay it off. When he does make a run, he is surrounded by 5 defenders in the box. No other Liverpool players are in the box to draw defenders.

Yep. I only started watching on 20 minutes, but he's had nothing and nobody to work with. Guess that's a consequence of having two wingers who make a beeline for the goal , while the striker prefers having wingers getting the ball into the box early.

Spurs' squad looks stacked.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton
Kaboul/Caulker
Vertonghen/Dawson
Ekotto/Rose
Sandro/Carroll
Paulinho/Holtby
Dembele/Gylfi
Lennon/Townsend
Soldado?/Ade
Bale/Chadli

On paper, that's scary as fuck.

WHERE'S DEMPSEY?

Got Defoe too and Parker, both look likely to stick around.

In reality though, we'll do the same as usual, keep 4th place warmed up for someone else.

panty

Are you buying any kits this season?

I'm thinking about Isco or Özil, but man, the font we're using this year is utter shit.

Seriously, wtf???

real_madrid_13_14_home_kit_ronaldo.jpg

It's worse than Comic Sans.

Hah I've actually thought about getting a shirt with Isco/Özil on the back. Not sure yet.

Agree on the font, it could be a lot better but I think it'll grow on me when the season just starts rolling.

Ushojax

Huddlestone lol

Your touch is good but you went up your own arse with that. Keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom