• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

1084945_704341836249177_39538215_o.jpg

Hnnnngh

LTWheels

Confirmed #LFC team to play Melbourne Victory: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Wisdom, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Borini.

subs: Mignolet, Kelly, Coates, Agger, Flanagan, Spearing, Lucas, Downing, Alberto, Aspas, Suarez, Robinson, Assaidi.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gomes; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Rose; Huddlestone, Lennon, Parker; Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Adebayor.

Our subs - Friedel, Lloris, Assou-Ekotto, Fryers, Naughton, Vertonghen, Carroll, Townsend, Defoe.

Team to play Sunderland.

GOMES!

Lightning

Banned
No, it's Arsenal who is going to give someone money to buy Gervinho.
Quite an expensive flop for Arsenal, Gervinho. Mr Wenger got it wrong with this one.

Talented player but the finishing? OMG.... how can he be this bad.. Does everything right leading up takes players on, goes past them but his last touch whether it be a shot or final pass is just BAD. Completely killed him at Arsenal which is a shame. Hope he does well at Roma because at least he gave it a good go.

Gomes; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Rose; Huddlestone, Lennon, Parker; Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Adebayor.

Our subs - Friedel, Lloris, Assou-Ekotto, Fryers, Naughton, Vertonghen, Carroll, Townsend, Defoe.

Team to play Sunderland.

GOMES!

Id have hoped Hudd and Gomes would be gone by now. Same with Rose, I'm still unconvinced he can be a first choice LB for us, if Ekotto is still first team then fine but after last season, anyone could be playing LB.

Maybe we're trying to show Sunderland some potential buys, Gomes, Dempsey, Hudd and Rose.

Wasn't it them who bought a shit load of players from us a few years ago?

Mastadon

Banned
Confirmed #LFC team to play Melbourne Victory: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Wisdom, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Borini.

subs: Mignolet, Kelly, Coates, Agger, Flanagan, Spearing, Lucas, Downing, Alberto, Aspas, Suarez, Robinson, Assaidi.

What time is kick off?

FootballFan

Wtf where's coutz?

The @ManUtd twitter page is cringeworthy as fuck.

The fact that the United badge on their twitter page is a low quality .jpeg, despite everyone in the industry knowing that .png is the preferable format for images that contain text sums up how shit the club are at media.

cf1dc7a510811eec32c8d0d2cd4ab9d3.jpeg

Pretty much every other club has a .png badge.

Wilbur

Banned
Other things on FootyGAF that make me laugh besides Neighbours: NG's endless whining over jpgs and pngs :loooooooool

You're right though. The twitter account is embarrassing.

Carbonox

That impending sense of dread when you're told by your cousin that she needs to speak with you about your dad (who I don't really speak to anymore and haven't met up with since last year). Now I can't think of anything but something bad that's happened. She'll call me at lunch time but still, now I'm a bit iffy on what to think...

Clegg

Apparently a well renowned fitness coach has slammed Moyes' fitness coaching. He called it "pre-historic".

He says that United are having three fitness sessions in one day and it's no surprise that some of our players have injured themselves during pre-season. He also thinks that players who have suffered injury problems in the past, eg RVP, should be protected better and trained slightly less to avoid injury.

bobito

Banned
Now Yurt has an English team to support!

Probably be a bit of a Watford-Udinese deal but with only a tenth of the loans :lol. Good for you, get you some exposure in Italy.

We'll take whatever we can get, doubt it will help us get promoted this year though.

FootballFan

Why are we saying 'classy Ronaldo', that's not even him in the picture. He broke the poor kid's wrist and then sent one of his goons to give a him a signed shirt.

I think DC, pulga etc were joking. Ronaldo broke his wrist and real Madrid sent the kid a shirt lol. All ronaldo did was break his wrist.

The @ManUtd twitter page is cringeworthy as fuck.

The fact that the United badge on their twitter page is a low quality .jpeg, despite everyone in the industry knowing that .png is the preferable format for images that contain text sums up how shit the club are at media.

cf1dc7a510811eec32c8d0d2cd4ab9d3.jpeg

Pretty much every other club has a .png badge.

Wouldn't a vector image format be best for a club badge?

.eps perhaps?

Apparently a well renowned fitness coach has slammed Moyes' fitness coaching. He called it "pre-historic".

He says that United are having three fitness sessions in one day and it's no surprise that some of our players have injured themselves during pre-season. He also thinks that players who have suffered injury problems in the past, eg RVP, should be protected better and trained slightly less to avoid injury.
That guy is a rent-a-quote who says that about every English team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Verheijen

Wilbur

Banned
That impending sense of dread when you're told by your cousin that she needs to speak with you about your dad (who I don't really speak to anymore and haven't met up with since last year). Now I can't think of anything but something bad that's happened. She'll call me at lunch time but still, now I'm a bit iffy on what to think...

Hope stuff's good, boy

He's probably wearing a Sunderland shirt

Isn't that the guy who talks shit about any english club that isn't Liverpool

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Id have hoped Hudd and Gomes would be gone by now. Same with Rose, I'm still unconvinced he can be a first choice LB for us, if Ekotto is still first team then fine but after last season, anyone could be playing LB.

Maybe we're trying to show Sunderland some potential buys, Gomes, Dempsey, Hudd and Rose.

Wasn't it them who bought a shit load of players from us a few years ago?

Remember that Pienaar, Bassong, Bentley and Jenas all played last pre-season. We have a duty to keep these players fit, until someone comes in for then they need to be treated the same as the rest of the squad.

3Sixty

Play Shalke tonight.

Should be a decent test, though they are a few weeks ahead of us pre season wise so wouldn't be shocked at a loss.

Clegg

Oh please, they can be happy they're not training under Felix Magath. Dude let his team run for miles, only to reveal then that he had emptied their water bottles.

That guy is a rent-a-quote who says that about every English team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Verheijen

Isn't that the guy who talks shit about any english club that isn't Liverpool

It appears this chap is a bit of a shit talker.

Although, our players have suffered quite a lot of injuries over the past two seasons.

Remember that Pienaar, Bassong, Bentley and Jenas all played last pre-season. We have a duty to keep these players fit, until someone comes in for then they need to be treated the same as the rest of the squad.

I said id have hoped they wouldve moved on by now, not that they shouldnt be playing.

Suen

But you're with the team with Kaka on the bench, who even Panty forgot to mention.

I think there's very little interest in Di Maria's qualities when it comes to getting Bale.
Ancelotti will try to revive Kaka to his former self but will fail
Kaka pls
and will then be sold. Then Di Maria get sold as well and we're fine with Bale. But really I don't see Di Maria wanting to be benched so if we get Bale him or someone else will have to leave + a forward with him probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom