• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Wow does Suarez even give a shit? Playing like he is too cool for school.

Damn that's a pretty good NT record. Still, I've always seen Higuain as a good player with too weak of a psyche to make an impact on the biggest games.

Indeed, those players are better than what Napoli has got now, but they overpaid a lot for them. I guess Benitez is out for blood and wanted to have his players at any price. Somebody should've told him that Inter aren't a threat anymore.

You are right about that, Higuain is very good but he isn't a match winner/decider to me either. I always remember his crucial miss vs Lyon, he's had a some shit ones vs Barca too.

Compare his CL record with Cavani for example. I realise Madrid do everything they can to make Ronaldo look good so Higuain suffers, but these stats are still interesting.

Higuain 48 matches, 9 goals, 6 assists.

Cavani 8 matches, 5 goals, 2 assists.

Not to mention that Cavani did that in the group of death and vs Chelsea in the knock out rounds.

In Europa League: Cavani has 15 games, 12 goals, 5 assists. Very impressive too. In other words, Cavani is the man.

jyvI2yh42NS9j.PNG

Shitty bench, etc.

If Bale leaves I'll pick Navas.

FootballFan

I know a guy that flew to Aussie to watch this, he was especially excited to see Suarez.

But Suarez doesn't seem to give a shit at all lol. Just jogging and passing it.

rvy

Banned
Fucking São Paulo? LMAO, even Europe realizes how fucking useless that title is.
Guess Vieira needs to bend over in the right position to keep his corrupt dealings with the Brazillians under the radar.

Mastadon

Banned
Million percent sure Suarez is leaving after seeing this.... cunt, if we sell to Arsenal we are failing as a club and deserve nothing.

Your name is particularly apt.

Calm down, it's his first game back. His fitness isn't where it should be compared to everyone else.

Jack cw

It will be an interessting match tonight.
Bayerns power house against Barcas C-squad... Barca players missing: Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Piqué, Alba, Fabregas, Pedro, Busquets and Valdes.
So, Football GAF.
Apparently Real Madrid are paying 150 million for Gerard Bale.
95 million instant cash and the rest on a six year salary.
Perez is so full of shit... Madrid could buy some decent players the really need with that money and become a team again that could compete with Europes best...

FootballFan

It will be an interessting match tonight.
Bayerns power house against Barcas C-squad... Barca players missing: Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Piqué, Alba, Fabregas, Pedro, Busquets and Valdes.

I believe* Pep will go on easy on us.

*hope

Time for revenge :p

L1NETT

Been watching the game while sorting some stuff out, some thoughts

-Cabral is Mo Diame lite.
-Altidore looks.....um.....a work in progress
- Sessengnon still the best player at that club
- Spurs still Spurs

Get home from training fully expecting Liverpool to be 4-5 up find out its only 1-0 against basically an under 21 Australian side.
9th and worse this year for them.

Your name is particularly apt.

Calm down, it's his first game back. His fitness isn't where it should be compared to everyone else.

I wouldn't care if he was engineering a move to Madrid (i kind of want him to go there), but at this moment its looking like he wants to talk to Arsenal, and if thats true he is just a liar and a massive shitbag. Im mean just look at him after setting up that goal, he is out of here.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Remember that this is a million miles away from our first team.

Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Bale, Lloris, Assou-Ekotto, Chadli and Holtby are all not playing. We've brought on a kid who made a gaffe on a corner.

Bumhead

Banned
Hope it works out for the best for Wednesday.

I mean as long we don't get moved 60 miles up the road and our kit turned red.. what's the worst that could happen..?

Doesn't bode well that he's part of what's gone on at Birmingham

I don't think he has been since around 2010, but has been by association, yes. Still enough to worry me.

Takeovers are a necessary evil of the modern game. We have tried the "safe" road under Mandaric and still lost £5m last year with a modest-low Championship wage structure and the second highest gates in the division. It's just a complete dice roll whether they're a success or not.

Jack cw

These pre-season matches have no importance anyway, they're just there to experiment and help the team find itself. Whether we win or lose, I just hope no one gets injured.

True but its fun anyway ;) And every match we win against Dortmund makes me happy even if its some shitty pre season game :D At least Messi is here to see his new employer for the next season.

FootballFan

Btw Bayern-GAF I already posted the excuses for the match earlier, so no worries :p

Here are the pre-game excuses if anyone is interested:

- Bayern have had like 6 preseason matches and have been with their new GOAT coach for over a month.
- Bayern are a great team coming from a treble season.
- We are missing all the Cofed Cup players (Neymar, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Alba, Pique, Alves etc).
- This is our first preseason match.
- We just got a new coach 24 hours before the match.
- It's preseason, nobody cares.

Hey Suarez, how about pretending to give a shit for the fans who payed money to watch? Ridiculous.

3 clean sheets in a row, might as well engrave our name on the PL now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom