• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adnan <3

finally, united's awful football is getting exposed.
this just goes to prove how important managers are.

united won't finish in the top four this season.

Eh, if this pre-season signifies anything real so far, then we'll win the league and struggle in the CL. The A-League All-Stars are the equivalent of a lower-table PL team and we demolished them; the games lost or drawn have been against technical, well-organized teams who've shown up our impotent midfield.

Moyes can't celebrate that draw for too long:

barcastuff &#8207;@barcastuff 3m
Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Man United want Cesc? If the club rejected two offers, I will reject it a third time. Cesc will be here."​

148560_10153064009795472_905366327_n.jpg

Pulga can we be bros?

Razor554

Moyes can't celebrate that draw for too long:

barcastuff &#8207;@barcastuff 3m
Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Man United want Cesc? If the club rejected two offers, I will reject it a third time. Cesc will be here."​

Also:
"Bartomeu (vice president): It's normal United are interested, it's an honour, but we count on Cesc and we won't sell, no matter the offer."

Wilbur

Banned
Does that come after the first 5 losses of the season?

We got Palace second or third I think, so it'll be then.

Anyway, not gonna cry over pre-season as I've said time and time again. It'll just be Arsenal and Liverpool fans endlessly claiming this is their year after they doss teams 7-1 and then wonder how they're eighth come February

Scum

I wonder if Wigan will be able to cope with UEFA Cup football along with the gruelling regime of Championship football.

Salazar

We got Palace second or third I think, so it'll be then.

Anyway, not gonna cry over pre-season as I've said time and time again. It'll just be Arsenal and Liverpool fans endlessly claiming this is their year after they doss teams 7-1 and then wonder how they're eighth come February

u are my non-identical twin

forget freewheelin

Hixx

So if there's not a big change in the weather before the games tomorrow in Hong Kong, Scudamore says he has no problems with cancelling them. Super.

The new name is Ronaldo. The MEN have reported that Woodward will now be after the Portuguese international, 28, after a shitload of big money signings involving European clubs.

It's obviously bullshit.

"Journalists" are just giving idiots what they want, rather than asking Woodward and Moyes the real question - why they went after a player that the whole world knew they wouldn't get and knew they never really had any intention of getting (£25m bid lol).

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The new name is Ronaldo. The MEN have reported that Woodward will now be after the Portuguese international, 28, after a shitload of big money signings involving European clubs.

It's obviously bullshit.

"Journalists" are just giving idiots what they want, rather than asking Woodward and Moyes the real question - why they went after a player that the whole world knew they wouldn't get and knew they never really had any intention of getting (£25m bid lol).

Whatever way you present it, as smokescreen or verbatim, United have come out of this rather embarrased.

It is so very clear we need some reinforcements, and it aint looking like we are getting any.

dc89

City_watch said:
Marca: City are one of 4 teams (+ Juve, Fiorentina, Napoli) set to bid for PSG midfielder Marco Verratti (20) if he doesn't sign a new deal.

Yurt will not take the news well.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23460778

Stuart Halls sentence doubled on appeal, still hard to believe but 30 months for systematic pedophilia still seems too lenient for me, girls as young as 9 years old he molested and he is only going to do less than 3 years...

Hall, 83, of Wilmslow, admitted 14 counts against girls aged from nine to 17 between 1967 and 1985 in June

Feorax

I have to wonder whether it's possible to break into the top 4 positions without making what some might view as "bad buys".

To clarify, I don't mean total flops like Carroll/Torres, what I mean is paying well over the odds for a player where you could end up stuck down the line.

Soldado could be a good example of this. Whether us or Spurs get him, you're looking at £80k to £100k wages per week for a player who is 28 and will command a £25 million transfer fee.

He'll score the goals to get you there if there's enough quality behind him, sure, but arguably if/when CL football comes along, he could start to look like a bit part player on big wages depending on who is brought in with the new money/status.

City made a fair few of these buys, but they could afford to, and quite clearly it worked out in the end. As admirable as FSG's transfer policy has been, I think we need to no longer be afraid of what happened to us in the summer of 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom