• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Also take it with a grain of salt, but Cadena Ser have big updates for tomorrow in regards to the Bale transfer. It seems Bale have made up his mind now, and that he is really pushing for the transfer, and that he could join up with the rest of the squad on the US tour even.

But of course there's a bunch of different reports. Both AS and Marca write like it's about hours, while Marca seem to base their report on Daily Mail. Also EC reports Perez and Levy have an appointment on August 6.

Who knows who got sources, it might run until August 31 lol.

Clegg

Imagine my lack of surprise and excitement.

Edit: Bet it'll be for £20+ million too.

I dont want faillaini :(

iTTD7nqCgSQXw.gif

What's wrong with Fellaini? He'd be our best CM after Carrick and is a significant improvement on every other midfielder we have in our squad.

Signing Fellaini wouldn't mean we've given up on signing a creative midfielder. From everything we've heard, Moyes is looking for a strong, defensive capable midfielder and an attacking, creative midfielder.

panty

Also take it with a grain of salt, but Cadena Ser have big updates for tomorrow in regards to the Bale transfer. It seems Bale have made up his mind now, and that he is really pushing for the transfer, and that he could join up with the rest of the squad on the US tour even.

969252_10150435851944953_1109696910_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Can't abide people saying they don't want Fellaini in a CM that had Anderson and Giggs.

All accounts say we're looking for two midfielders. If Fellaini's one of them, I'm happy.

kharma45

What's wrong with Fellaini? He'd be our best CM after Carrick and is a significant improvement on every other midfielder we have in our squad.

Signing Fellaini wouldn't mean we've given up on signing a creative midfielder. From everything we've heard, Moyes is looking for a strong, defensive capable midfielder and an attacking, creative midfielder.

Exactly right Clegg.

I hope not! Dortmund in this state and with those players is important for Bundesliga. Bayern can only improve if Dortmund stays that strong. But Gündogan hasnt extended his contract yet, so he is probably waiting... But Cesc wont leave ;)

Gündogan said in an interview he thinks it's funny that the media writes about how it's taking so long with his new contract and he's probably just waiting to get out. He said he and Zorc has met once last week and will meet again this week, so it's not taking long.

We'll see what happens, though. There has been certain guys that left while saying similiar things.

3Sixty

When Spurs signed Bale, they agreed to a 15 per cent sell-on clause. Although that was bought out by Spurs for £1.5m during a financial crisis at St Mary’s in 2007, FIFA solidarity clauses add to the complexity of their proposed bid.

Any club developing homegrown players between the age of 12 and 23 are entitled to up to five per cent of the transfer fee if the player subsequently moves to another team. Because Bale was on Southampton’s books between the ages of 12 and 17, they will be entitled to a mini windfall on a pro-rata basis of around £2m.

Rupert Lowe plz

Well I hope he learns not to use his elbow as much then, cause if he keeps doing that, added to playing for us = red cards all year long. That and he better learn how to pass a ball.

Out of all the belgian midfielders, he's the worst. (those who play for the national team obviously :p)

pappe

At this point i will be glad if we signed ANY CM. Be it Fellaini or Fabregas or Gundogan or Cabab.

Any of those guys are an improvement to what we currently have in CM bar Carrick.

LegoArmo

A Fellaini-Carrick midfield is too slow and cumbersome. Fucking definition of clank.

You can be a defensive minded midfielder and also have a bit of dynamism.

Kyoufu

We're going down this season.

No ambition at all. Joe Kinnear. Alan Pardew. Mike Ashley.

Going down, going down, going down.

Wilbur

Banned
A Fellaini-Carrick midfield is too slow and cumbersome. Fucking definition of clank.

You can be a defensive minded midfielder and also have a bit of dynamism.

I think Fellaini's relatively nimble and technically adept; his frame doesn't tell the whole story.

But we're in for one more anyway. Keep the faith.

We're going down this season.

No ambition at all. Joe Kinnear. Alan Pardew. Mike Ashley.

Going down, going down, going down.

You've given up on Gomis, haven't you? Shit doesn't look good, especially with the likes of Cardiff, Norwich, Villa and Southampton improving.

bud

fellaini can be technical, but 99% of the time he is not.

i don't think adding fellaini in midfield would change a whole lot, if anything at all.

Wilbur

Banned
fellaini can be technical, but 99% of the time he is not.

i don't think adding fellaini in midfield would change a whole lot, if anything at all.

It would give us more of a physical presence in the middle, make us more of a threat at set pieces, would promise goals from midfield, and would be an improvement on what we currently have.

Wilbur

Banned
For £24m? I think there's a reason no clubs have tried to activate that release clause.

The only ones in the league that could afford it, are a step up from Liverpool and actually need it are us, Arsenal and arguably Chelsea.

The latter have Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Essien, van Ginkel and Luiz who can all play where Fellaini does so I can understand. Arsenal are going all in for Suarez and seemingly ignoring their problems in goalkeeper, defence and midfield so you can't really take too much stock in their lack of interest.

Fellaini cost Everton 15m and he's proven to be worth it for that. The way I look at it is that it's not my money, that at least spending some money would show some intent, and that Fellaini's true worth isn't far off the release clause. We can't moan that he's too expensive and then moan that we won't spend 45/50m on Fabregas. We have the resources to do both; if we're not going to do one I definitely want us to do the other.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep. Depressing.

French signings should have bedded in a little more though. Yanga-Mbiwa looked better the more the season went on. No Europa league this year as well.

Pards, despite being a cunt, clearly isn't a bad manager overnight; 5th place attests to that. Some awful injuries last year, tough European runs on a small squad and naivety when it comes to bedding in lots of new players. Maybe just coaching will help him.

flippedb :(

I hope the ban is not perm.

What was it for? He's in whatsapp group so he'll let us all know how long for when his anger and pain and fear subsides.

Fellaini's good. He's a pretty good CM to get at the moment.

Hopefully we'll get someone later though, but having him can give us a chance in retaining the title.

Labadal

Fellaini would be a great signing for Man Utd. His name might not be as big as Fabregas, but I think yuo'd kill it with him as a DM. I wouldn't mind seeing that cunt in our central midfield.

dc89

Fellaini would be a great signing for Man Utd. His name might not be as big as Fabregas, but I think yuo'd kill it with him as a DM. I wouldn't mind seeing that cunt in our central midfield.

I agree. Have United had a real JT in midfield since Roy Keane?

Fellaini and Carrick as a midfield combination wouldn't be too bad. Defensively at least it would be far more solid than what we have now where Anderson gets tired after 45 minutes, Giggs is negligent in his defending and Cleverley is a combination of both.

Wouldn't have too much going forwards but through 07-09 United played with a duo of deep midfielders quite regularly combining Carrick/Scholes/Hargreaves.

The thing was whilst they would sit deep and provide a solid platform for the team we had real star quality in our front 4. That just isn't the case anymore. It could be workable if our wingers found form again but that's a big if.

Anyhow Fellaini would be good for us, but it's been clear all along we needed two midfielders. Carrick is 32 remember.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ys: Oath in Felghana is so good, at 5 bucks it feels like a steal. Thank you based Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom