• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The Guardian think it's a 4-2-3-1 with Ando and Carrick in midfield and Clev playing behind the striker. If that's the case then I don't know why Adnan isn't playing instead.

Feorax

That was a top Liverpool team for the most part. Can't remember for the fuck of me who played out wide - was it Riera and Kuyt?! - but Torres with Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano out wide was lovely.

Fucking 4-1 at Old Trafford on my bro's birthday. I was well moody at the carvery.

We had Benayoun, Kuyt, Riera and Babel as our wide men, with Stevie as number 10. The team was pretty much spot on except that Aurelio was always injured, and our selection of wingers was pretty average for a title challenging side.

That midfield though, fuuuuck...

EDIT:

John Sinnott ‏@JohnSinnott 4m
With Reina gone, only Skrtel & Gerrard (Kelly, Spearing subs) remain at Liverpool team from #lfc side that beat Real Madrid 4-0 in Mar 2009

Time to move on. Too many ghosts holding us back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Amos; Fabio, Smalling, M. Keane, Evra; Anderson, Carrick, Young, Cleverley; Zaha, Welbeck.

Quite a lineup...

8 English players. The future is bright
oh dear god it's horrible

BBC:

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant Gareth Bale will not be sold, despite the Welshman indicating he wants to speak to Real Madrid.
The Spanish giants have stepped up their interest but Spurs are refusing to countenance selling Bale even in the face of a possible record £85m bid.

In Levy We Trust

Mastadon

Banned
Still get sad when we wear white ones in the CL.

You guys go on about that year as though its some kind of zenith.

You won nothing. Zero. You didn't even get close.

We were four points off. According to Wilbury, 8 points away from the lead is still a successful season, so shush.

noal

Banned
United not wearing black socks in the CL is a travesty and, since we're mentioning kits, I couldn't stand the 99' CL kits; horrible!
Our league kit was so much better.

Carbonox

Is Drive as good a film as many make it out to be? Looks interesting and I wanna check it out tonight.

Only Refn film I've seen is Bronson and that's one of my favs.

Is Drive as good a film as many make it out to be? Looks interesting and I wanna check it out tonight.

It's awesome. I loved it. One of my favourites.

People who don't like are the kind of people who come out and say "nah bruv fast n furious is much better fam".

Wilbur

Banned
Young why don't you just fuck off to Fulham where you belong

Yeah its great. Much better than Bronson, but far more conventional narratively.

altho fast and furious 5 is better fam

ElyrionX

I think we are writing off Cleverley too quickly. Sure, he wasn't particularly great season but it was his first full season as a regular starting XI. I have higher expectations of him next season.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we are writing off Cleverley too quickly. Sure, he wasn't particularly great season but it was his first full season as a regular starting XI. I have higher expectations of him next season.

Remember the Clev-Ando partnership of 2011/12? 5-0s and 8-2s all over the place :_: how quickly those halcyon days disappeared

Mastadon

Banned

Drive is a better film than Bronson in my opinion. It's a good film, but some of the praise that gets lavished on it is a little OTT.

bud

it won't blow you away, and it doesn't bring anything new to the table, but the vibe's great, man. it's a very rewatchable film, too.

Wilbur

Banned
Keane's alright, yeah. Should play him in CM though and convince him his name is Roy.

Drive is a better film than Bronson in my opinion. It's a good film, but some of the praise that gets lavished on it is a little OTT.

Its screenplay and story aren't anything special, but the soundtrack is amazing, the acting is top notch and visually its brilliant. Can't fault Refn visually.

Mastadon

Banned
Keane's alright, yeah. Should play him in CM though and convince him his name is Roy.

Its screenplay and story aren't anything special, but the soundtrack is amazing, the acting is top notch and visually its brilliant. Can't fault Refn visually.

Have you seen Only God Forgives?

Brinbe

Ando looks spent after 15 mins...
TadkV.gif

Even Welbeck couldn't miss that chance.

ElyrionX

Remember the Clev-Ando partnership of 2011/12? 5-0s and 8-2s all over the place :_: how quickly those halcyon days disappeared

I have to say, in my 20 years of watching United, I don't think I have been quite as disappointed with any player as I have been with Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom