• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
If there are any protests it should be about ticket prices and Arsenal's lack of ambition (which this summer would fall under). If I'm remembering correctly, season ticket renewals are dropping which is certainly a discernable factor for Arsenal to pick up on fan's unhappiness.

As a fellow Arsenal fan I expect you to join me on the streets.

The problem is people will always pay for them because they support the club, I ended up getting a ticket for the Villa game even though I probably should wait until we actually sign some players.

Arnie

London is clearly far and away ahead of everywhere else in terms of women (and men, no homo) due to the fact that most of its residents aren't ethnically British.

The rest doesn't really matter.

Let's be realistic, even if you went to fucking Howden you're not going to run out of pretty ladies to stick your willy into. So I don't buy the whole 'this major city is better than that major city because there's more women, roar' attitude.

In London everyone's grumpy. Things cost twice as much as they should. House prices are ridiculously inflated. Commuting takes twice as long. It's full of southerners. They don't understand the concept of gravy. etc.

Simple fact is if you lived in Manchester you could cut most of that nonsense out, have a better quality of life, still have an awesome job, and get to watch your football team on weekends. How that doesn't appeal to you more than 'but I can fuck this ethnic minority' is beyond me.

Take my job and stick it in Liverpool and I'd take a pay cut to make it happen.

panty

We signed Bale.

EBD5R.gif

Salvadora

Lucky we tied the black Ronaldo Walcott to a new deal, lads.
stats seem to be slightly off in Bale's bracket, I think.
The problem is people will always pay for them because they support the club, I ended up getting a ticket for the Villa game even though I probably should wait until we actually sign some players.
The unfortunate truth of the matter .

Arnie

London pubs are also weird as fuck.

They give you olives with a pint and there's a bidet in the loos. The floor's look cleaner than the plates and nobody raises their voice. It's all too clean it looks like a set from Neighbours.

operon

They give you olives with a pint and there's a bidet in the loos. The floor's look cleaner than the plates and nobody raises their voice. It's all too clean it looks like a set from Neighbours.
And I bet you can't get a curry mix

Batongen

Banned
The diversity of London definitely makes it attractive. I mean, I could go back to the land of blondes but when the alternative is a smorgasbord of feast to select from, I rather, well you know, stay in the metropolitan.

Arnie

And I bet you can't get a curry mix
No but would you like a sundried tomato with your lager, sir?
The diversity of London definitely makes it attractive. I mean, I could go back to the land of blondes but when the alternative is a smorgasbord of feast to select from, I rather, well you know, stay in the metropolitan.
The two nicest birds I've ever met in my life were from the North. One blonde, one brunette. Enough variation for me.

DBT85

Been to a different bunch of pubs to me.

I still don't believe Real have the money we want upfront (all of it). I got a feeling we will get some Madrid player on loan/perm this window as a gentlemens agreement to Bale going there next summer.

Just trying to convince myself we're not going to lose two players in one week who should have been in this squad for many years to come :(

Salvadora

If Levy ends up getting £86m + Morata it will leave Madrid short in the front.

I haven't a clue how cash rich the club is, but it's conceivable that they could return to the British Isles for Suarez. Levy you crafty devil.

Let's be realistic, even if you went to fucking Howden you're not going to run out of pretty ladies to stick your willy into. So I don't buy the whole 'this major city is better than that major city because there's more women, roar' attitude.

In London everyone's grumpy. Things cost twice as much as they should. House prices are ridiculously inflated. Commuting takes twice as long. It's full of southerners. They don't understand the concept of gravy. etc.

Simple fact is if you lived in Manchester you could cut most of that nonsense out, have a better quality of life, still have an awesome job, and get to watch your football team on weekends. How that doesn't appeal to you more than 'but I can fuck this ethnic minority' is beyond me.

Take my job and stick it in Liverpool and I'd take a pay cut to make it happen.

I wasn't comparing the quality of life, I was comparing women. We can pretend that beauty is subjective, but let's be fair, it isn't. Some idiot from Samoa may find his wife beautiful, but there are no Samoan models on catwalks. Women from London are more beautiful because we have women from all over the world, whereas pretty much everywhere outside of a big city is made up of people who are almost entirely ethnically British. My preference is women from the Mediterranean and the Caucasus, as well as mixed race girls. Due to growing up in a multicultural city, I've noticed that women from those regions are, on average, far better looking and have better personalities than your typical British girl. You've, unfortunately, probably had to grow up on a diet of Beckys and Leannes and haven't had a chance to experience the riches that the rest of the world has to offer.

It's not a conspiracy that some places have a better quality of women than others.

But comparing the quality of life, which is subjective, I would again go with my order of London, the south, Manchester, then who the fuck cares. My biggest issue with moving out of London to another place UK would be the lack of varied nightlife. My second biggest issue would be with accents. I just can't understand why people from the north don't talk properly. Elocution, doesn't one?

No one's grumpy in the south. Everyone's grumpy in the north. The reason house prices are higher down here is because everyone wants to live here. Supply and demand. Bankrolling the country isn't easy. Remember when Thatcher turned this country into a services country and the north protested about shutting down the mines? Guess what, the country would be in the shit if you northerners got your way of minining and manufacturing. Good luck with competiting with China. I'm not Thatcher's biggest fan but that turned out to be a fantastic move, don't you agree? Probably not.

I'm all for London independence. 1 square mile of London is responsible for 10% of the UK's GDP. We'd both be better off without one another. London would have more money to spend on itself and you northern monkeys would actually get off your arses and start enterprising. Then we'd just annex you once you become a half decent country.

Arnie

If Levy ends up getting £86m + Morata it will leave Madrid short in the front.

I haven't a clue how cash rich the club is, but it's conceivable that they could return to the British Isles for Suarez. Levy you crafty devil.

Suarez was Real's backup if Bale fell through, because whatever happens they need a marquee signing this summer after the Neymar fiasco.

What's more likely is Ronaldo will be played as the focal point of the team, with Bale moving into Ronaldo's old position (where he's best suited).

Carbonox

The Sun website going under maintenance and once done, will require a fee in order to be accessible. DAMN IT. Was an easy place to check out the breaking news on celebrity tits.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham Hotspur are prepared to sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and they will tell the Spanish club that the prospect of a deal would increase if the striker Alvaro Morata were included as a makeweight.

Real have so far bid a world record €100m (£86m) in straight cash for Bale, which has not been enough to sway the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and they have indicated a readiness to offer players as further sweeteners.

They have put forward the left-back Fábio Coentrão and the winger Angel di María, whose values they have variously factored into the potential package, but Tottenham maintain that the deal will be on their terms, meaning that they choose any makeweights and the one that they want is Morata.

Now we see who has the balls. Will Perez yield and do whatever it takes for this vanity transfer? I would love to have Morata at the club and if we got £90m and him I would begrudgingly accept the transfer.

Arnie

I was comparing the quality of life, I was comparing women. We can pretend that beauty is subjective, but let's be fair, it isn't. Some idiot from Samoa may find his wife beautiful, but there are no Samoan models on catwalks. Women from London are more beautiful because we have women from all over the world, whereas pretty much everywhere outside of a big city is made up of people who are almost entirely ethnically British. My preference is women from the Mediterranean and the Caucasus, as well as mixed race girls. Due to growing up in a multicultural city, I've noticed that women from those regions are, on average, far better looking and have better personalities than your typical British girl. You've, unfortunately, probably had to grow up on a diet of Beckys and Leannes and haven't had a chance to experience the riches that the rest of the world has to offer.

It's not a conspiracy that some places have a better quality of women than others.

But comparing the quality of life, which is subjective, I would again go with my order of London, the south, Manchester, then who the fuck cares. My biggest issue with moving out of London to another place UK would be the lack of varied nightlife. My second biggest issue would be with accents. I just can't understand why people from the north don't talk properly. Elocution, doesn't one?

No one's grumpy in the south. Everyone's grumpy in the north. The reason house prices are higher down here is because everyone wants to live here. Supply and demand. Bankrolling the country isn't easy. Remember when Thatcher turned this country into a services country and the north protested about shutting down the mines? Guess what, the country would be in the shit if you northerners got your way of minining and manufacturing. Good luck with competiting with China. I'm not Thatcher's biggest fan but that turned out to be a fantastic move, don't you agree? Probably not.

I'm all for London independence. 1 square mile of London is responsible for 10% of the UK's GDP. We'd both be better off without one another. London would have more money to spend on itself and you northern monkeys would actually get off your arses and start enterprising. Then we'd just annex you once you become a half decent country.

oh my god

be right back, have to tell Leanne about Mad Bowser's alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom