• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Naughty God is incredible
KuGsj.gif

"no Samoan models on catwalks" "London independance".
Suarez was Real's backup if Bale fell through, because whatever happens they need a marquee signing this summer after the Neymar fiasco.

What's more likely is Ronaldo will be played as the focal point of the team, with Bale moving into Ronaldo's old position (where he's best suited).
Aye, there's a strong likelihood of that happening. Guardian point out that it's unlikely that deals like this ever come to pass. Can't see Morata leaving "the best club ever" in his words to join Spurs.

I wasn't comparing the quality of life, I was comparing women. We can pretend that beauty is subjective, but let's be fair, it isn't. Some idiot from Samoa may find his wife beautiful, but there are no Samoan models on catwalks. Women from London are more beautiful because we have women from all over the world, whereas pretty much everywhere outside of a big city is made up of people who are almost entirely ethnically British. My preference is women from the Mediterranean and the Caucasus, as well as mixed race girls. Due to growing up in a multicultural city, I've noticed that women from those regions are, on average, far better looking and have better personalities than your typical British girl. You've, unfortunately, probably had to grow up on a diet of Beckys and Leannes and haven't had a chance to experience the riches that the rest of the world has to offer.

It's not a conspiracy that some places have a better quality of women than others.

But comparing the quality of life, which is subjective, I would again go with my order of London, the south, Manchester, then who the fuck cares. My biggest issue with moving out of London to another place UK would be the lack of varied nightlife. My second biggest issue would be with accents. I just can't understand why people from the north don't talk properly. Elocution, doesn't one?

No one's grumpy in the south. Everyone's grumpy in the north. The reason house prices are higher down here is because everyone wants to live here. Supply and demand. Bankrolling the country isn't easy. Remember when Thatcher turned this country into a services country and the north protested about shutting down the mines? Guess what, the country would be in the shit if you northerners got your way of minining and manufacturing. Good luck with competiting with China. I'm not Thatcher's biggest fan but that turned out to be a fantastic move, don't you agree? Probably not.

I'm all for London independence. 1 square mile of London is responsible for 10% of the UK's GDP. We'd both be better off without one another. London would have more money to spend on itself and you northern monkeys would actually get off your arses and start enterprising. Then we'd just annex you once you become a half decent country.
holy shit ahahaha

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Bale goes and they bag Morata and Soldado, would a winger be the primary target in that case? Wonder who they would go for.

We already signed Nacer Chadli from Twente. Strong, Belgian and a good goalscoring record.

This is where Levy's black heart comes in handy. If there is to be a deal for Bale it will be on his terms, if they do not offer want we want they will be told to fuck off.

Carbonox

We already signed Nacer Chadli from Twente. Strong, Belgian and a good goalscoring record.

This is where Levy's black heart comes in handy. If there is to be a deal for Bale it will be on his terms, if they do not offer want we want they will be told to fuck off.

At least you won't do a Madrid and try and buy some £1bn superstar player for the sake of owning him, as a replacement for Bale. Don't know much about Chadli though.

Ushojax

English papers all seem to be in agreement Spurs are going to sell Bale.

Yes! Now we can get Ronaldo back!

They seem to be in agreement that we will sell for more than Real are willing to pay right now. If they don't match the demands there will be no deal, we shouldn't even be selling in the first place. We are going to bleed them for everything they've got.
Fran Guaita ‏@FranGuaita 19m

Traspaso Soldado cerrado. El VCF cobrará ahora 12M y el resto en plazos de 6M en marzo de 2014, 2015 y 2016. Contado en @La_SER

Levy you fucking genius. We pay £12m up front for Soldado, and 6m every March for the next 3 years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^yeah it was fun. I watched it without knowing what 'it' was.

So who's gonna stay up (or wake up) and watch Juve - Everton at 5am CET with me? Any Juve-bros?
Work at..Umm..8am CET. :(

I'll try to sleep now and wake up for the game, or something.

panty

I am surprised if Bale stays in the PL after this summer.

Jackie Wilson - (The Jackie Wilson Story #21/24) Your Love Keeps Liftin' Me [829Kbps/44KHz]

What a good song.

Salvadora

Nestled in that Guardian article is an interesting nugget of information regarding Spur's CB situation. Namely that you've only got one fit CB at the moment.

That could put a stop to any Ushoptomism about a strong start to the season.

Ushojax

Having a hard time seeing Morata leave.

So am I, but if that's what Levy wants, Perez has to agree or add another £25m onto the price. This is a 100% vanity transfer and after the way Madrid have behaved they will have to yield or miss out on him altogether.

Nestled in that Guardian article is an interesting nugget of information regarding Spur's CB situation. Namely that you've only got one fit CB at the moment.

That could put a stop to any Ushoptomism about a strong start to the season.

It's a slight concern but our first game is Palace. Dawson is fit, Vertonghen is 2 weeks away and may be ready in time, Kaboul's exact status is unknown although he has not had a setback. Obviously we will sign a CB imminently or we would never have sold Caulker, I expect Chiriches will be signed very soon despite the mad wailings of Steaua's imprisoned president.

jesalr

They seem to be in agreement that we will sell for more than Real are willing to pay right now. If they don't match the demands there will be no deal, we shouldn't even be selling in the first place. We are going to bleed them for everything they've got.

Levy you fucking genius. We pay £12m up front for Soldado, and 6m every March for the next 3 years.

And those will be Euros, so more like £10.5m up front and 3x£5.25m installments

Turok_TTZ

Posting random apngs I created. Firefox and Opera you should be able to view just fine...
ioPMylqQpFulo.png

I lost my entire collection of great goals in gif/apng form. god damn it. to think I would lose bergkamp gifs.... god fucking damn it.

panty

Posting random apngs I created. Firefox and Opera you should be able to view just fine...
ioPMylqQpFulo.png

I lost my entire collection of great goals in gif/apng form. god damn it.

God that was a nice volley.

Ill stab a fucking kitten if Perez sends Morata to London without as much as some fucking buy back clause.

dc you legend lolololol

Lovely to hear, motherfucker plays like shit in the NT.

I might be okay with this IF we have a buy-back option or whatever it's called like we did with Carvajal.

Zabojnik

^yeah it was fun. I watched it without knowing what 'it' was.

Work at..Umm..8am CET. :(

I'll try to sleep now and wake up for the game, or something.

Nah, it's not worth it, tbh. The players are in full Conte torture mode, so we'll likely play as shit for another week or two. Peluso and Licht as CBs is a disaster waiting to happen. Go to sleep and check the result after you get home from work. :)

Having a hard time seeing Morata leave.

Based on what I saw of him with Spain's U21, that would be a huge fucking mistake.

Ushojax

I might be okay with this IF we have a buy-back option or whatever it's called like we did with Carvajal.

Levy won't agree to such a clause. We've never had those kinds of clauses in our contracts and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom