• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah, I had suggested him the other day just thinking it would be a good fit even without thinking of the Baldini connection. I'm sure he could fill Bale's shoes admirably. Probably cost €35-40m and require at least €100k/week but it'd be worth it.

This is really fucking clever. Well played.

Lamela would be my dream signing. I don't mind if our Bale replacement doesn't score 20 goals but he needs to be able to drive past defences with the ball at his feet. We mustn't lose the explosiveness on the counter attack.

Tc91

As long as Schweini never makes a thread again I'm okay with whatever title.

What the fuck is Caravanning all the way to France? Was he drunk when he made this thread? Doesn't help that he puts it up 500 posts before the limit.

Romans son is clearly a Luiz fan. Luiz to stay forever.

9whRDO3.jpg

and Roman really loves those blue sunglasses lol

Meier

Awesome. This looks the real deal, definite upgrade on Caulker. We're building a damn good squad. Baldini doing some fine work.

Might be a little premature to call him a "definite upgrade" over Caulker but I'm sure he'll be cheaper at a minimum.

Emre Can only has less than 1 year left on his deal so no surprise that Pep is putting him up in the shop window with such a stacked midfield. Talented kid.

Clegg

Luiz Gustavo starts for Brazil, is a great player in a position we need strengthening and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg coz Bayern are willing to sell.

We won't bid for him.

Shagwell

Is it wrong of me to completely judge this girl I'm starting to see because she's into the Big Bang Theory?

I just can't wrap my head around how she finds it funny. She wants me to try watching it with her.

NO. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Luiz Gustavo starts for Brazil, is a great player in a position we need strengthening and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg coz Bayern are willing to sell.

We won't bid for him.

Gustavo only starts because Sandro got injured. His glorious return is nigh.

Gustavo's good but I don't know if he's what United need. He's a very good screener of the back 4 but not much else.

panty

Is it wrong of me to completely judge this girl I'm starting to see because she's into the Big Bang Theory?

I just can't wrap my head around how she finds it funny. She wants me to try watching it with her.

But BBT is funny. You're awful.

operon

She needs to dump your sorry ass now right now, big bang theory not funny

Clegg

Gustavo's good but I don't know if he's what United need. He's a very good screener of the back 4 but not much else.

Moys has said that he wants to sign two midfielders, a creative one and a defensive one. Gustavo would be a fine choice.

Salvadora

'We are still working on improving our squad,' 'But we have a base of young players, players who started in the Premier League with us, like Wojciech Szczesny, Carl Jenkinson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. 'That is why what we do is unique. Look at our competitors, who in the last 10 years has started for them in the Premier League and is still there now?
Arsene Wenger - August 1st - 0 signings of note.

You're breaking my heart.
HfKwGCK.jpg

Salva's beaten me to it but this is a peach to rival Moyes:

Wenger said:
"We are still working on improving our squad, but we have a base of young players who get a chance here, who started in the Premier League, like (Wojciech) Szczesny, Jenkinson, (Alex Oxlade-) Chamberlain, (Jack) Wilshere, (Aaron) Ramsey, (Theo) Walcott - that is unique, nobody else has done that.

"These players can have a special bond and they are on the way upwards, they are not over the hill.

"They will be better next year and that is why I am confident we will be stronger next season."

Meier

Apparently GdS are saying we're after Davide Astori from Cagliari. I'm not familiar with him but we desperately need another CB so if we do go after him, I'm sure there's a good reason. Napoli are also interested in Gaz Baz reportedly.

Brinbe

Considering we really only have Carrick or (god forbid) Jones that can occupy that role, he'd be exactly what we need. (And yeah, I'm not forgetting Fletch, but c'mon).

Arnie

Apparently GdS are saying we're after Davide Astori from Cagliari. I'm not familiar with him but we desperately need another CB so if we do go after him, I'm sure there's a good reason. Napoli are also interested in Gaz Baz reportedly.
Good on FM.

kharma45

We won't bid for him.

Time to get agents Anderson, Rafael and Fabio to have a word in Dave's ear.

phaze

Salva's beaten me to it but this is a peach to rival Moyes:
Wenger said:
"We are still working on improving our squad, but we have a base of young players who get a chance here, who started in the Premier League, like (Wojciech) Szczesny, Jenkinson, (Alex Oxlade-) Chamberlain, (Jack) Wilshere, (Aaron) Ramsey, (Theo) Walcott - that is unique, nobody else has done that.

"These players can have a special bond and they are on the way upwards, they are not over the hill.

"They will be better next year and that is why I am confident we will be stronger next season."

ADk2qBY.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There's worse things. Imagine if she thought Arrested Development was funny or Mad Men exciting.

In case you're still wondering, your shit taste is the reason why your apartment is infested with cockroaches.
KuGsj.gif

-_-

She can like* whatever she wants for all I care. It's more fun like this, you don't want to end up dating someone exactly like you, it's fucking boring.

*except for ONE thing

Zabojnik

Spurs fans must be buzzing. I can't imagine how much it would suck for them to miss the top 4 once again after having brought in such quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom