• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looking back at an old thread from 2011, I was laughed at for saying Bale would cost £85m.

That shit was prescient. From when Barca were linked to him:

Ushojax said:
It's nothing new for Barca. They are paupers and they will do anything to lower a transfer fee or avoid paying lump sums. There is no way that Daniel Levy will let Bale go, and if in a few years he did, it would be for a Ronaldo-like sum of money, not the loose change and pocket fluff that Barca would try to pay in installments with a bunch of add-ons.

Viva said:
£80m for Bale?

Huh?

morsel said:
Agreed. Gareth Bale for Ronaldo-like money? You have to be fucking kidding me. Tottenham fans have to be rivals with us in deliriousness

Kermit said:
Things I've learnt today:

1. Liverpool fans are undeservedly optimistic on the fate of Carroll.
2. Ushojax is a nutter.

I was right. I WAS RIGHT DAMMIT.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lol Pulga who gives a fuck if he is tapping some ass. Like that girl of his is not with him because of the money.

pulga

Banned
Looking back at an old thread from 2011, I was laughed at for saying Bale would cost £85m.

That shit was prescient. From when Barca were linked to him:

I was right. I WAS RIGHT DAMMIT.

Well you've also been prattling all summer on about how Bale is not leaving this year.

WHERE ARE YOUR GODS NOW

Lol Pulga who gives a fuck if he is tapping some ass. Like that girl of his is not with him because of the money.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL YES YES

noal

Banned
Because it was OG Ronnie's Las Vegas party, baby

Come to think of it, Ronaldo probably set all of this up. Dat secret agent fatso <3

What boggles the mind is how he thought he wouldn't get caught. With all his money he could just get some ladies sent to his hotel room or something. Smuggled in the back door so to speak...

ShogunX

010813202534.png

Fuck top four we are coming for the title BITCHES!

Probably finish 8th

Gambit

Müller is still the best interviewee.

"What did you get Schweini for his birthday?"

Müller: "Oh, we usually beat him up for his birthday, but this time he had to play so we couldn't. Nah, seriously, I wish his knee will hold and he'll help the team. I also wish him more luck for Playstation games, as he can never beat me"

pulga

Banned
Liverpool GAF, don't you think Gerrard is holding your team back? He's not the same player he once was.

Raul was certainly holding Madrid back, god bless him, but his legs just weren't in it for the top flight anymore.

Del Piero is GOAT and Ill take no abuse towards him.

LTWheels

010813202534.png

Fuck top four we are coming for the title BITCHES!

Probably finish 8th

We will be the team Stoke dreamed they could have become.

Liverpool GAF, don't you think Gerrard is holding your team back? He's not the same player he once was.

Raul was certainly holding Madrid back, god bless him, but his legs just weren't in it for the top flight anymore.

At the beginning of the season, yes. Now he has adapted to the role. I think last season he still had the most amount of assists and maybe goals from midfield.

Salvadora

DC &#8207;@DLDN22
Arsenal have been told to up their bid for Suarez to £50m & Liverpool will sell. Suarez keeping quiet to allow #lfc to negotiate a fee. #afc
I want to believe.

Also says Wenger is behaving oddly lol.

Walshy

No. He was one of our best players last season.

sohois

No he's still playing very well in his new deeper position, indeed most would argue he is the one of the best in the league in that position. It did take him a while at the start of the season to adjust, and he basically got completely in the way of Sahin (and now Allen), but he certainly isn't a weak link, not even close

You playing in the UKIPT? Am playing in London in Sep, pretty nervous about it tbh.

Cracking fish and chips.

yeah, I'm a professional. Well I say that, I binked the sunday million last October (came 2nd) but I've had a horrible year so far. Went to ukipt cork in feb, galway will be my second. Will try and play London too. I suggest you play a small event in the days before the main starts, calms you down.

I'm not convinced personally&#8218; but at least they're a steady stream of releases for the rest of the year.

The problem with the Wii U is that even Nintendo don't know what to do with the Gamepad, Mario Kart just have a big horn/fart button and most games either put a map or just the whole game on it.

spidye

I think Pep now understand why Martinez shouldn't play as a CB. at least not together with Dante. either Dante-Boa or Martinez-Boa

I would like to see something like

Lahm-Boa-Dante-Alaba
Martinez
Schweini-Thiago
Robben-Müller-Ribery

Bayern bros I don't think Muller can play falsch9 what do you guys think?

I don't know to be honest. I think he can be great there but he's not really a false 9. he rotates a lot with robben and ribery

Timurid

I think Pep now understand why Martinez shouldn't play as a CB. at least not together with Dante. either Dante-Boa or Martinez-Boa

I would like to see something like

Lahm-Boa-Dante-Alaba
Martinez
Schweini-Thiago
Robben-Müller-Ribery

Gotze as a super sub. :lol

CHELSEA HAVE SIGNED A STRIKER!

0,,10268~12110325,00.jpg

Chelsea Football Club has today (Thursday) completed the signing of Stipe Perica.

The 18-year-old striker moves to Stamford Bridge from NK Zadar in the Croatian top flight.

Perica [pictured centre] made his debut for Zadar in September 2012, and since then has gone on to make 23 appearances, scoring 10 goals.

He was part of the Croatia side eliminated at the knockout stages of the recent Under-20 World Cup in Turkey, where he made three appearances and scored one goal.

I kinda agree. When they rotate frequently it's ok, but playing that position robs him of his ability to create space.

As striker it is more difficult for him to steal away.
Yeah, I think alot of attacks will stutter with him in that role too. Maybe Pep will try to employ it different but I get the sense that Muller is..if this makes sense...more effective the less he is directly involved in play. Falsch 9 requires that player to be involved alot and as you say it undermines Mullers ability to disappear and then pounce.

Just to amend me earlier statement, he can play it, I just don't think it's using him wisely.

Salvadora

loooool of course Northern Ireland is the capital of cock rings. Always feel dirty when I walk down that sex shop street.

Btw, any Bundesbros heard anything about Matthias Ginter?

Feorax

Liverpool Echo now also reporting we've activated Costa's release clause, and he's not a replacement for Suarez.

itshappening.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom