• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

Sorry. I thought it may have been inappropriate for me to bring politics into footy-gaf. My original post was:

Equal Marriage has failed 3 times in 18 months. It won't be passed through legislation because the Unionist parties will block it and they hold a majority in the assembly (they are largely fundamentalist/evangelical christians - bigots as I called them). In any other normal Western country, if the Assembly was misusing legislative powers then the issue would surely gpo to the courts, right? Well, our Health Minister Edwin Poots has used £100k of public funds to launch legal campaigns against gay adoption and the use of gay blood, and would certainly do the same against gay marriage if it was to be sent to the courts.

Another shit note from the vote yesterday was that NI's liberal party, Alliance (whose slogan/raison d'etre is "For Everyone") and a social democracy party had high(ish) levels of abstentions.
tl:dr The country's fucked
That was the worst part I thought some for the alliance going against it. Cant believe 2 uup voted for it, there is hope

subtles

Sorry. I thought it may have been inappropriate for me to bring politics into footy-gaf. My original post was:

Equal Marriage has failed 3 times in 18 months. It won't be passed through legislation because the Unionist parties will block it and they hold a majority in the assembly (they are largely fundamentalist/evangelical christians - bigots as I called them). In any other normal Western country, if the Assembly was misusing legislative powers then the issue would surely go to the courts, right? Well, our Health Minister Edwin Poots has used £100k of public funds to launch legal campaigns against gay adoption and the use of gay blood, and would certainly do the same against gay marriage if it was to be sent to the courts.

Another shit note from the vote yesterday was that NI's liberal party, Alliance (whose slogan/raison d'etre is "For Everyone") and a social democracy party had high(ish) levels of abstentions.
tl:dr The country's fucked

Thanks for the informative post. I hope things get better soon.

K1LLER7

Ra al Ghul will show Rooney? Is that a new sponsor? Scum pls.

Soon...

o-LOUIS-VAN-GAAL-570.jpg

Clegg

I'd like to see Japp back at the club. Everyone he played with is gone tho, bar the Class of 92. I'm sure Van Gaal and the club know who they're going after this summer, but links to Reus and Hummels seem farfetched to me.

pulga

Banned
god i love this celebration, its so funny. when bale comes hopping in and ronnie screams like a moist schoolgirl at a bieber concert seals it

850635995.gif

Wooden?

I need help deciding on the name of my future Chelsea jersey. Hazard seems like the obvious choice, but I'm kinda scared he leaves. Matic has been an absolute badass, so he's an option. Then we have Van Ginkel, because you know, he's Dutch and then there is the possibility of them buying a new striker in the summer D: !

Or just buy the new Jersey with Drogba on it

feel

god i love this celebration, its so funny. when bale comes hopping in and ronnie screams like a moist schoolgirl at a bieber concert seals it

850635995.gif
Does anyone have the pictures of Pepe and Coentrao helping him do the 15 count for the camera? You can tell those guys are legit bros who truly want the best for their teammate. Add Ramos or Bale too to the legit bros group.

Wooden?

I need help deciding on the name of my future Chelsea jersey. Hazard seems like the obvious choice, but I'm kinda scared he leaves. Matic has been an absolute badass, so he's an option. Then we have Van Ginkel, because you know, he's Dutch and then there is the possibility of them buying a new striker in the summer D: !

Or just buy the new Jersey with Drogba on it

Hazard won't leave.... But i think he will get a new number, so don't get that yet mun. Matic is a god though, so good choice.

Could also just get costa.

pulga

Banned
Finally watched 'Red Dragon' (2002). So good

looool ive been on a Hannibal rewatch thanks to the series

watched 'Red Dragon' and 'Silence of the Lambs' again, skipped 'Hannibal' and tried to watch 'Manhunter', until I realized GAF hipsters are weird and can get fucked

Elchele

watched 'Red Dragon' and 'Silence of the Lambs' again, skipped 'Hannibal' and tried to watch 'Manhunter', until I realized GAF hipsters are weird and can get fucked

YES

<3

I got a friend from the university into this whole Hannibal thing, she's loving it
now I hope I get into her.

Never watched 'Hannibal', read it is bad. Should I watch it? So Manhunter is bad?

pulga

Banned
YES

<3

I got a friend from the university into this whole Hannibal thing, she's loving it
now I hope I get into her.

Never watched 'Hannibal', read it is bad. Should I watch it? So Manhunter is bad?

Manhunter is just too 80s for me, man

Hannibal didn't do anything for me, and Gary Oldman was just too weird

Hazard won't leave.... But i think he will get a new number, so don't get that yet mun. Matic is a god though, so good choice.

Costa seemed really upset when we all called him a wanker when he started screaming at us! Also I don't think TV picked it up but some cunt threw a bottle on the field about 2 minutes after the penalty was given but before it was taken and David Luiz was screaming at the crowd to calm down haha.

Elchele

Manhunter is just too 80s for me, man

Hannibal didn't do anything for me, and Gary Oldman was just too weird

yeah, just saw it. It's too old for my taste and basically is the same thing as Red Dragon innit? nope thanks.

'Red Dragon' was a great surprise tho. Not as good as Silence of the Lambs, but still very good.

Not going to happen. Nike do not have Chelsea, Liverpool, or Arsenal. Adidas have Bayern, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Milan, and Juve (new deal right?). They would not want to lose United to Adidas.

It will be either Nike or Uniqlo.

I'd like to see Japp back at the club. Everyone he played with is gone tho, bar the Class of 92. I'm sure Van Gaal and the club know who they're going after this summer, but links to Reus and Hummels seem farfetched to me.

Me too. Him and VdS.

Congrats to Atletico. I think Real Madrid are going to win in the final though. ;_;

Jarnet87

I thought Manhunter was terrible. And once you see Noonan as Cain, you cannot unsee it. I also can't stand that c rate tv actor William Petersen.

Think I'm just gonna go with Matic, hope he sticks with his number, since I kinda want it now and don't want to wait till the new season starts...

Also, I'm still not sure how happy I'm gonna be with the acquisition of Costa. I still want Lukaku to tear it up, don't want to ship him off and have him go all Sturridge on the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom