• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amorim is back, Gaitan too and Lima will probably start with Rodrigo. we got this, lads.

edit: lower right corner also pretty much confirms Fernando to City.

wdia_grande.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Contact high. Cocaine particles floating around, innit.

The Mail are also reporting that Paulinho to Chelsea thing being in the works -- apparently the agent who brought the other Brazilians to Chelsea is involved. That'd be pretty shocking.

I don't see any way that deal could happen unless we got Lukaku.

I won't miss Paulinho but I don't like the idea of selling players to Chelsea.

Jack cw

I would like to support Team Germany but I can't because of Löw. I woudln't even mind if Pep takes care of that for some weeks :D

But instead we got Löw :/
So true. I can't imagine support Germany this time. I won't fall for the hype this time. We have a coach who has no idea what he is doing and I can't see lahm the captain who could lead us to the title.

Blablurn

So true. I can't imagine support Germany this time. I won't fall for the hype this time. We have a coach who has no idea what he is doing and I can't see lahm the captain who could lead us to the title.

Greece is only our hope
lol

I think I'm going into this World Cup with 0 expectations. I dont even know if I will watch all the games due to the time difference.

Anyway. Today is Contentos birthday. Bayern Legend.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Never watched 'Hannibal', read it is bad. Should I watch it? So Manhunter is bad?

All of them are plain terrible except for The Silence of the Lambs. The TV show though mmmm <3

Amorim is back, Gaitan too and Lima will probably start with Rodrigo. we got this, lads.
real talk: I genuinely think you got this too. We used our XI a couple of days ago with fucking Sassuolo :/ Except for Vidal, who's still semi-injured/not fit.

and I really do like Caceres but he's not even half the defender Barzagli is. :lol

miserable

even so, Germany will make the semi-finals easily. and hopefully destroy Argentina again, just for the lulz

deroli

I would like to support Team Germany but I can't because of Löw. I woudln't even mind if Pep takes care of that for some weeks :D

But instead we got Löw :/

I will only support our team if Großkreutz is part of the squad. That would be a fair compensation for seeing bad people like Neuer and Judas lifting the trophy.

Kevin Großkreutz - World Cup winner. Just think about that.

Jack cw

I will only support our team if Großkreutz is part of the squad. That would be a fair compensation for seeing bad people like Neuer and Judas lifting the trophy.

Kevin Großkreutz - World Cup winner. Just think about that.
Nothing against it. Lifting the trophy in a BVB kit though....

So now Chelsea have been trounced by a much cheaper/smaller team and won't even be winning any trophies this season can we all start running around proclaiming that Mourinho's pragmatic, dull, park-the bus football is a failure and a con?

Or do we only reserve that for Pep?

So now Chelsea have been trounced by a much cheaper/smaller team and won't even be winning any trophies this season can we all start running around proclaiming that Mourinho's pragmatic, dull, park-the bus football is a failure and a con?

If reaching the semis is a failure, I don't want to think about what the other English teams performance can be called.

The funny part is that in the league, what cost the title is not the matches where Chelsea has parked the bus, but rather the matches where the team has been attacking. The bus has been the most successful tactic of them all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

but did his Chelsea win the treble last season?

All of them are plain terrible except for The Silence of the Lambs. The TV show though mmmm <3

real talk: I genuinely think you got this too. We used our XI a couple of days ago with fucking Sassuolo :/ Except for Vidal, who's still semi-injured/not fit.

and I really do like Caceres but he's not even half the defender Barzagli is. :lol

Yurt stop trolling

If reaching the semis is a failure, I don't want to think about what the other English teams performance can be called.

The funny part is that in the league, what cost the title is not the matches where Chelsea has parked the bus, but rather the matches where the team has been attacking. The bus has been the most successful tactic of them all.

Well this is what I'm talking about. There seems to have been a massive knee jerk reaction to football philosophies this last fortnight, but significantly more so against possession football.

It's like people have been waiting to see it fail and the dam has now broken.

Marc

I just hope a European team wins it in the end. I wouldn't mind England getting it.

Yes Jack! Hodge ball is winning over the neutral.

I hope Germany win it if England fail as per usual, great players. Love Muller, Reus and Ozil especially. Never understood our rivalry, German fans are awesome and our leagues are similar more than other's.

looks like it is my lucky day today. First a Korean coworker wore knee high socks
Finally starting to see more of this in Korea
anda short skirt. And now a Totti picture.

I guess Juve are destined to win tonight.

Did you read the Vialli interview? I too see this being the springboard for European success in the CL

Blablurn

looks like it is my lucky day today. First a Korean coworker wore knee high socks

Did you read the Vialli interview? I too see this being the springboard for European success in the CL

ibe1m9IOWOhJld.gif

Their fashion is finally catching up it seems.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gareth Bale hopes to return to White Hart Lane later this month for the first time since his world-record move to Real Madrid.

Bale, who is looking forward to a Champions League Final against city rivals Atletico, is believed to have been invited to attend Ledley King&#8217;s testimonial match, which takes place on May 12, the day after the conclusion of the Premier League season.

Bale&#8217;s commitments mean he might find it difficult to travel to London but Standard Sport understands the Welshman is keen to be there. There appears little chance he would be able to play &#8211; imagine the reaction in Madrid if their £86million signing missed the Champions League Final because of an injury sustained playing in a testimonial match at his former club &#8211; but at this stage, Bale&#8217;s intention is to go.

Rafael van der Vaart, who played for Spurs from 2010 until 2012, is another player from the club&#8217;s recent past invited by King, but he is thought to be unable to attend, while Tottenham have also invited Bale's Real Madrid teammate Luka Modric.

Would be so good if those three were there. No way Bale and Modric play though, it's before the CL final and VDV's fat ghost is too busy shagging some mate's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom