• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
confirmed Benfica squad:

----Oblak----
Maxi----Luisão----Garay----Siqueira
--------Amorim--------Enzo--------
Markovic----Rodrigo----Gaitan
---------------Lima---------------

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Frank, according to GdS at least

UEFA sanctions to clubs not in line with the FFP rules:

1) Warning

2) Fines

3) Point deduction

4) Exclusion from competitions

and the clubs can take a plea bargain. If they reject it, then their case goes to a judging committee.

Looks like I'm going to be in the magazine too..

If I get the chance to say something it will probably go something like this:

miasanmia
fuckbla
YESMOYES

edit LOLL beaten by pulg

Are you still getting off to that quote yesterday, that Tanc only bothered to translate half of? His point was really just that Chelsea does better when not playing possession football.

Original Hazard quote: "Chelsea is not made to play football. We are good in playing on the counter attack, a bit like Real against Bayern.". Hazard is Mou's little baby, he wouldn't challenge his daddy like that.

"Sometimes Mourinho asks me to do everything, it's too much, I want to go to PSG".

GQ don't buy a Hazard shirt

Because they're too fucking scared to punish the clubs in ways that'll actually affect them.

I love that logic, a team gets massive debts, what do they do? punish them but making them accept a league point reducution which increases the odds of them getting relagated which would put them in even more dire financial trouble.

The penalty for violating FFP is a large fine? So UEFA punishes clubs having large deficits by . . . making their deficits larger?

Main sanctions available:

- Warning
- Reprimand
- Fine
- Points deduction in group stages
- Withholding of revenues from competition
- Prohibition on registering new players in the competition
- Outright banning
- Removing a title/cup

If they accept the settlement they will also be required to fully comply with FFP by a certain date or more serious sanctions such as banning will be enforced.

Ban them from next season's CL, and give their place to the team who came closest to qualifying in their league.

They've had fucking years to prepare for FFP being implemented, and the consequences of failure.

kmax

or his adopted son Giovinco
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

the rumoured XI looks good though! ;)

YES CARLO <3

tumblr_lpazyqKkPK1qjejvv.gif

Thanks kmax! Can you imagine what would happen to pulga if Madrid and Juve end up winning their finals?

lol, I can only imagine. The black and whites shall lift their glorious european trophies together <3

And lol at Hazard. The guy is pretty set on leaving Chelsea with those comments. Mou should bench him for a while if he doesn't get sold.

Fady K

THANKS FAYDEE! I won't be able to watch it unfortunately, but I'll be checking the score and twitter every few mins. Be nice to JuveGAF

You're missing it again bro :0? Hope you don't. Should be a cracking game! I'm always nice to JuveGAF. All of them are likeable here I believe! I also feel for Zabo as he is constantly afraid that Juve will lose all the time :p

Good luck lads.

Clegg

Spain will need Xavi to rediscover his old form if they want to win the World Cup. Don't think he's able to do that anymore though. Iniesta will need to have another tournament like Euro 2012 if Spain are to win.

Uruguay are gonna win.

I'd go ballistic tbh

I won't pretend they're a hugely likable team, but like Atletico they are massive underdogs who do everything in their power to win. And as much of a cunt as he is, I'd like to see Suarez rewarded for the standard he's playing at in ways other than a new contract and PFA award

kmax

I think Brazil's going to take it with dat home advantage. Germany usually choke in the semis, and Spain aren't as threatening as they used to be.

England would have a decent shot of making the quarters if Hodgson wasn't a complete pussy, unwilling to change his philosophy to suit the players at his disposal.

pulga

Banned
I'd go ballistic tbh

I won't pretend they're a hugely likable team, but like Atletico they are massive underdogs who do everything in their power to win. And as much of a cunt as he is, I'd like to see Suarez rewarded for the standard he's playing at in ways other than a new contract and PFA award

His reward will come in the way of a shiny new white contract.

White. Just like he likes it.

His reward will come in the way of a shiny new white contract.

White. Just like he likes it.

pls no

Give Benz the spot he's earned. Don't take him from us :(

Genuinely, I think that fuckup against Chelsea has made the chances of Suarez leaving about 100 times more likely. Stevie, you fucking bellend.

I'd go ballistic tbh

He's going to get his dream move.

Reward enough.

Hixx

I know this is an unpopular opinion among us Englishmen but the team I would like to see win the World Cup is definitely England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom