• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
is it too late to replace Roy with Brendan?

Later guys :] tweet me if you need anything/want to banter me to death

Scum

Oi, Meier!

igbTpFCTdgV1H.gif

I won't to be optimistic, but Hedgehog likes to stick to his favourites and his turgid formations

Don't be surprised to see Milner and Cleverly in contention for starting places. Saying that, the starting team against Denmark was pretty promising.

Joe Hart

Glen Johnson Chris Smalling Gary Cahill Ashley Cole

Jack Wilshere Jordan Henderson Steven Gerrard Raheem Sterling

Wayne Rooney Daniel Sturridge

Bring Jags and Baines in I don't think there will be too many complaints

I think we'll beat Costa Rica 1 nill, Rooney penalty or something (mugs on here will still call him every name under the sun), draw to Italy in a right fucking boring game and lose to Uruguay.

Not hopeful.

England play Italy first, then Uruguay and then Costa Rica. They're going to have to turn up or their fucked, probably by goal difference too.

Wilbur

Banned
Waaa Rooney hasn't played his best and still scored 17 league goals waaa

Why is nobody writing shit about him

Because I believe we'd play better and perform better as a team - because football, my sweet Linny, is a team game - if Rooney didn't play in the position he does.

arkon

Athletico actually conceded twice in four matches against Barcelona and Chelsea. Not so impressive now are we?

---

Happy Birthday MEIER!

LegoArmo

1-0 down, 90th minute in the World Cup final, England get a chance to equalise and take the game to extra time. Bearing down on the keeper, 1 on 1, do you pick

a) Rooney
b) Sturridge

I know who I'd want in that situation, and it's not Daniel.

pulga

Banned
Because I believe we'd play better and perform better as a team - because football, my sweet Linny, is a team game - if Rooney didn't play in the position he does.

Rooney is a Manchester United legend, soon to be all time top scorer and your captain. You would do well to show some respect, hairless cuntflap.

Scum

1-0 down, 90th minute in the World Cup final, England get a chance to equalise and take the game to extra time. Bearing down on the keeper, 1 on 1, do you pick

a) Rooney
b) Sturridge

c) Cleverley

L1NETT

Yeah football is a team game. Which is why its fucking dumb to single out somebody who scored 17 league goals rather than your league one standard wingers or your ancient centrebacks who have the turning circle of a blue whale after a sunday roast or your hilariously average midfielders

If it's a team game, why is everyone pooping on Rooney?

I ain't saying he's been shit hot either.

meh

--

3Sixty, they said that about Algeria!!!

--

Happy Bday Meier :)

arkon

a) Rooney
b) Sturridge

Welbz

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah football is a team game. Which is why isn't fucking dumb to single out somebody who scored 17 league goals rather than your league one standard wingers or your ancient centrebacks who have the turning circle of a blue whale after a sunday roast or your hilariously average midfielders

If it's a team game, why is everyone pooping on Rooney?

I ain't saying he's been shit hot either.

Eh

--

3Sixty, they said that about Algeria!!!

--

Happy Bday Meier :)

Because I call them all shit. Everyone else agrees that the wingers, the midfield and the centre backs are shit. They don't agree that Rooney is shit. Therefore I call him shit more.

Rooney is a Manchester United legend, soon to be all time top scorer and your captain. You would do well to show some respect, hairless cuntflap.

Read yesterday he has asked United not to appoint LVG as he doesnt like his hardline approach or something. No idea if its true - the article also said that RVP would get captaincy if LVG went to United, Rooney to Chelsea back on?

Diego Costa asap plz, get me Benzema and Cavani too Roman

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
One of my real life friends that actually likes football down here is basically the worst fan.

He is a Spurs fan, but loves Bale. So last week when Bale was sick and on the bench, he says 'fuck Real, Bale isn't playing go Bayern'.....

Then yesterday he says 'Come on Chelsea!' in which I respond 'Why? Atletico are the peoples champ' to which he says, 'fuck the people, London first'......

He's not from London...

ibeAJ0T7TlYvYA_zps967bd98b.gif

a) Rooney
b) Sturridge

What exactly is your point here? Rooney is better at one-on-ones?

Turn the question into 'you're picking an England team for a WC final and you can only have one striker, who do you pick' and the answer for me becomes Sturridge, by a distance.

Fuck's sake, ordered Bravely Default to play in the car tomorrow, won't get here in time though :(

Elchele

Looks like Freiburg are hoping to get Ginter on loan for next season, after selling him to BVB. Would be good for everyone involved I think

Schalke want to sign Sebastian Jung (RB) from Frankfurt. Pretty sure Veh is going to replace Keller at Schalke so it makes sense.

Abraxas

Turn the question into 'you're picking an England team for a WC final and you can only have one striker, who do you pick' and the answer for me becomes Sturridge, by a distance.
On current form yes, however i believe sturridge is more of a team player, ie running into space, passing etc. however rooney is capable of being an individual talent, and creating a chance. In a squad as guileless as england, rooney will most likely get the nod.

In my professional opinion, england would be better served by old school shit team tactics, 11 players perpetually running, pressing and tackling. Otherwise they will get rekt.

LegoArmo

I think Rooney is a better finisher in general, consistently, over a longer period of time, and I'd definitely prefer him as a lone striker.

Sturridge is great, he's quick, has much better control of the ball at his feet and stretches defences, but I wouldn't rely on him, he blows hot and cold. Not that Rooney doesn't, but even Rooney on a bad day adds something to the team.

Great season though. Should both probably start if the formation calls for it, but if there's only room for one up top... I'd prefer Sturridge off the bench against tired legs.

Fack Rooney

Good player. Been utterly shite for England like the rest of the golden generation.

Going to bake in Brazil. And then Lewis gets his hands on him. Oh yes.

On current form yes, however i believe sturridge is more of a team player, ie running into space, passing etc. however rooney is capable of being an individual talent, and creating a chance. In a squad as guileless as england, rooney will most likely get the nod.

In my professional opinion, england would be better served by old school shit team tactics, 11 players perpetually running, pressing and tackling. Otherwise they will get rekt.

When has he showed that individual talent for Engand though?

Call me a twat, but the goals he scores for England are goals I'd expect any striker to score, and he brings nothing to the team other than said goals.

Out of interest, how many games has he played in international tournaments since he scored? I don;t think he's scored one since Euro 2004, but he was injured for a hefty chunk of our tournaments since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom