• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about do destroy a foot long of this:

XpXeaD6.jpg

Minus the green peppers and yes those are chicken tenders.

You guys are missing out on the wonder that is Publix Subs.

I'll take those green peppers.

Go_Ly_Dow

Rooney should always be in the Engurand squad for that 88th min 30 yard world cup winning screamer against Spain in the Final after being pinned back for the entire game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Brazilian press are saying that Chelsea will pay €35m to sign Paulinho this summer.

I really don't understand the story at all. For that money we should do it, as long as they let us buy Lukaku.

Brazilian press are saying that Chelsea will pay €35m to sign Paulinho this summer.

I really don't understand the story at all. For that money we should do it, as long as they let us buy Lukaku.
I don't think it's a good idea to sell players after one season but if they're willing to give you £30m for him you should accept immediately, no questions asked.

He's not that good.

Elchele

XpXeaD6.jpg

"sweet" peppers are the best. YOU are missing out
I love Publix, one of the best things about Miami. I just recently found out Publix is not everywhere in the USA

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can imagine Chelsea would have better options than Paulinho.

That's what is so strange, the guy is like a Brazilian Jenas. Sure he gets a goal every 5 or 6 games but what does he actually do? The guy made just 22 passes in 90 minutes against 10 man Stoke, he has no authority in midfield. I don't know what use he would be to Chelsea.

Daily Mail say Gahl well definitely be finalised next week:

Louis van Gaal will be named as Manchester United's new boss next week

The Dutchman is expected to be announced as manager after United's final home game against Hull City

The 62-year-old will take over once Holland's World Cup campaign is finished
The future of the Class of '92 is not yet known

That's what is so strange, the guy is like a Brazilian Jenas. Sure he gets a goal every 5 or 6 games but what does he actually do? The guy made just 22 passes in 90 minutes against 10 man Stoke, he has no authority in midfield. I don't know what use he would be to Chelsea.

fry incoming.

Does FdB speak English?

Hixx

This is from Napoli's website:

Dear Mr Prior,

I write to you to ask to publish the following message about an article which appeared on the website of such a prestigious newspaper as the Guardian:

"Napoli sporting director Riccardo Bigon has let Welbeck’s agent know that Napoli are interested in signing up his client, but with Everton and Tottenham also interested, the club from one of Italy’s mafia strongholds will need to make Manchester United and Welbeck himself an offer they can’t refuse."

I am aware that it can happen that an article is not read carefully before being published. It is possible that as the editor of the Guardian's sports pages you may not have realised what was written. If not, we would be dismayed to read such a dated, dumb, vulgar cliche as this, linking the city of Naples to the mafia.

This is an archaic impression that is also rejected by English tourists who every year choose Italy - and Napoli - as their holiday destination. They would not do that if they thought that Naples is Italy's mafia stronghold, a place where people fire at or rob each other in the street. We would not judge a city like Newcastle on the basis of MTV's Geordie Shore; we do not think all of that city's inhabitants are rude, gym-addicted and sociopathic. It is a shame to see the Guardian did not afford Napoli the same courtesy.

I would still prefer to think that you had not read the article, and in this case, I would ask for a correction, in the name of both Neapolitans and Italians.

Kind regards.

Well...

Meier

XpXeaD6.jpg

I get at least 1 Pub Sub every time I come home for Christmas. The best on the planet.

Express are running a story saying City will offer Juve £32m plus Dzeko or Kolarov AND wipe out the remaining debt from the Tevez transfer. Total value would be £53m. Where do they come up with this shit.

Why would you sign another striker? Ramos and Ji are already signed m8. Signing a CAM would make more sense than signing another striker, and Firmino/Kagawa would be more cheap than Immobile

Mkhi sucks as CAM. He has zero creativity

Are you fucking serious? Why would we sign another striker?

It's Adrian fucking Ramos who's a decent backup and Who-Knows Ji that hasn't played a good run of matches for like a year. They're both shit as main strikers for a CL club.

And in midfield you have Reus, Micky, Hofmann, Jojic, Gündogan (RIP) that can all fill CAM.

You are delusional m8

Stubo

XpXeaD6.jpg

This makes me instantly ravenous. I've not had a sub in too long :(

Southwest + ranch subway sauces together = heaven

pulga

Banned

It's Adrian fucking Ramos who's a decent backup and Who-Knows Ji that hasn't played a good run of matches for like a year. They're both shit as main strikers for a CL club.

And in midfield you have Reus, Micky, Hofmann, Jojic, Gündogan (RIP) that can all fill CAM.

You are delusional m8

jupp is anything elsk but delusional, he was the only BayernGAF potatoe that foresaw the doom Pep would bring

Elchele

You are delusional m8

we'll see in the summer. You were trying to put down the Ramos rumors too, but I'm pretty sure he'll do just fine. I doubt Immobile is anything better than him tbh. Ji could be a huge surprise

Lewa was a nobody too when he joined

Clegg

Don't think I'd want Mourinho. He's one of the best managers in the world, but he's too divisive.

And yes I'm aware of how odd that sounds when you consider that Van Gaal is most likely going to be our next manager.

Don't think I'd want Mourinho. Too divisive.

And yes I'm aware of how odd that sounds when you consider that Van Gaal is most likely going to be our next manager.

that's stupid m8

Lewis gonna rip shit up, gonna be much more mental than even Mourinho would be

we'll see in the summer. You were trying to put down the Ramos rumors too, but I'm pretty sure he'll do just fine. I doubt Immobile is anything better than him tbh. Ji could be a huge surprise

Lewa was a nobody too when he joined

I was trying to put down the Ramos rumors because I didn't want him. But it was bound to happen :(

But the point is that it's much safer to sign another striker. Ji could turn out well, might as well not play at all. And Ramos is the same, on a slightly different level. I'm sure he can do decently in the Bundesliga but I doubt he's good enough for the big matches.

But Lewy was a young, talented player that needed 15 months to get going. Ramos is not young and we might as well loan him to Freiburg instantly if he needs 15 months. And Ji will be dead if he needs 15 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom