• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Have you guys seen how many roles Suarez has played this year? In the Arsenal game he had the role that would suit him most in Madrid, playing clever balls on the counter and dragging players around the pitch. He didn't dominate the ball in any sense of the word in that game.

Meier

Dangerous FK by Pirlo. Seemed like it must have been a bit like a knuckleball or something because I would have expected Oblak to catch that. Maybe the rain.

I kinda love the Europa League because the games are on WatchESPN and they're only available in Spanish 99% of the time. Love the announcers.

Have you guys seen how many roles Suarez has played this year? In the Arsenal game he had the role that would suit him most in Madrid, playing clever balls on the counter and dragging players around the pitch. He didn't dominate the ball in any sense of the word in that game.

This is part of why Turok's post is so ridiculous. Suarez has proven that he is insanely adaptable to various styles and positions and is equally effective in each. The idea he couldn't adapt in RM's front three and be more effective than Benzema is beyond laughable.

Clegg

Rooney limped out of training today and has been sent for a scan.

Time for the biennial Rooney race for fitness for international tournament.

Turok_TTZ

He should he'd be stepping down a level if he went there... :p
He would. From main guy to a bit time player is quite a downgrade indeed.
Plus, Carlo loves the Benz. Suarez would see the bench. Liverpool is doing great and I expect them to win the league. why leave when the good times are finally happening @ anfield?

But he does not do that every game, that isn't his main style of play. consistency is key and Suarez is very aggressive. He does that for one or more games sure but can he do it every game, sacrificing himself for CR and Bale? I don't think so. Suarez is too aggressive. Benz in comparison is very passive and thats why it works.

but w/e. I don't care anymore.

This is part of why Turok's post is so ridiculous. Suarez has proven that he is insanely adaptable to various styles and positions and is equally effective in each. The idea he couldn't adapt in RM's front three and be more effective than Benzema is beyond laughable.

I find it incredibly amusing you waited for someone else to post something you could have posted. were you waiting for someone else to say what you want to say because you lack confidence in your own train of thought?

Bmf4b-YCQAAZKH_.jpg

He flew too close to the Sun.

Yen

I googled the last time Liverpool played Benfica, and look at our bench that day:

Cavalieri, Aquilani, Ngog, Degen, El Zhar, Ayala, Pacheco.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm looking forward to the Wilbur blog post

It's going to be extraordinary.

Yeah Clegg I gave up after that. Was pulling for him. I liked him, he was a decent guy and a british coach, but then he started saying shit about the squad not being good enough and nonsense like "I don't know what we have to do to win" and "City are the level that we aspire to be at" and he lost me.

pulga

Banned
Juve, I never ask too much from you, I don't hold you to the same expectations I have for Madrid

But youre against 10 men at Juve Stadium. And its benfica. This is embarrassing.

Linius

Juve, I never ask too much from you, I don't hold you to the same expectations I have for Madrid

But youre against 10 men at Juve Stadium. And its benfica. This is embarrassing.

I almost forgot you support two big clubs. Must be comforting like this.

Turok_TTZ

alright guys who's attack is worse, Juventus or Bayern? I thought Bayern offense was bad with their worthless tiki taka but this sterile scrubentus attack is giving me other ideas.

subtles

But he does not do that every game, that isn't his main style of play. consistency is key and Suarez is very aggressive. He does that for one or more games sure but can he do it every game, sacrificing himself for CR and Bale? I don't think so. Suarez is too aggressive. Benz in comparison is very passive and thats why it works.

but w/e. I don't care anymore.

One could have said the same thing about Bale, how Madrid dominate the ball on Ronaldo's side and how he would interfere with that due to his mentality. What he did however was add a different dimension to the team. If you prefer Benzema over him that's fine, but shoehorning Suarez to fit your narrative is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom