• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Zabo no pls no dont listen to Turok he is insanse
Yet this insane man was the only one in footygaf who understood Benzema's value and what he brings to Madrid. I was of the few who knew Suarez is nothing more than a scrub killer who is a big game flop come real opposition as this season has proved so far. Been always saying Guardiola is a fraud hipster who has mehssi to thank for his trophies.

You lot have the tactical prowess of Tim Sherwood. and that's being kind.

Yet this insane man was the only one in footygaf who understood Benzema's value and what he brings to Madrid. I was of the few who knew Suarez is nothing more than a scrub killer who is a big game flop come real opposition as this season has proved so far. Been always saying Guardiola is a fraud hipster who has mehssi to thank for his trophies.

:lol

Hopefully your board are similarly delusional

pulga

Banned

Look Benzema's been decent enough lets not go crazy. Would rather have Suarez

So which United-gaf bro will turn on LVG first?

I am betting Laboured

Then Viva.

Then Clegg.

KidA will turn on him after 1 game when he doesn't play Januzaj.

Tbf I turned on Moyes before we had even fully appointed him. I feel reasonably vindicated in my stance on that.

As for LvG I think he's what this team needs right now. I'm not saying he'll become a long term legendary manager for us but he'll be decent for a while and is a fuck tonne better than Moyes.

Into

Has anyone seen that 30 for 30 Hillsborough episode? Its pretty shocking, i know of the incident but not to that amount of detail

How accurate is it? Or does that depend whether you are a Pool fan or not?

wedward

Tbf I turned on Moyes before we had even fully appointed him. I feel reasonably vindicated in my stance on that.

As for LvG I think he's what this team needs right now. I'm not saying he'll become a long term legendary manager for us but he'll be decent for a while and is a fuck tonne better than Moyes.

You were just the most vocal.

I think LVG will be good. Honestly he is the type of manager United should have been looking for after Fergie. 1-3 years to come in and help stabilize the club while you look for a more long term candidate.

Has anyone seen that 30 for 30 Hillsborough episode? Its pretty shocking, i know of the incident but not to that amount of detail

How accurate is it? Or does that depend whether you are a Pool fan or not?

The disparity between the Liverpool view of matters and those of others is becoming smaller and smaller as more hard evidence and statements are coming to the fore, even to this day. Not seen the programme, but there's no excuse for getting it wrong and being inaccurate these days.

Into

The disparity between the Liverpool view of matters and those of others is becoming smaller and smaller as more hard evidence and statements are coming to the fore, even to this day. Not seen the programme, but there's no excuse for getting it wrong and being inaccurate these days.

What i got out of it, was that the authorities blamed Liverpool fans for "breaching" through the gates, beating up officers and even pissing on them, the theme was that they were intoxicated which lead to the trampling and overall horrible disaster.

But that today, new footage, has revealed that to be a excuse. And that the people running the show fucked up.

Its a good documentary, lasts around 1 hour and their interview many survivors, i choked up several times, a very hard watch. I have no stake in blaming anyone, but it seemes like the authorities just needed someone to blame (other than themselves obviously) so it fell on "drunk Liverpool fans"

Walshy

What i got out of it, was that the authorities blamed Liverpool fans for "breaching" through the gates, beating up officers and even pissing on them, the theme was that they were intoxicated which lead to the trampling and overall horrible disaster.

But that today, new footage, has revealed that to be a excuse. And that the people running the show fucked up.

Its a good documentary, lasts around 1 hour and their interview many survivors, i choked up several times, a very hard watch.
Legal proceedings are probably going to bring the individuals responsible for the cover-up to justice, which is why the documentary hasn't aired in the UK yet.

The South Yorkshire Police were absolute cunts in the 80s though, everyone in the North of England knows. If you are interested in more acts of cover-ups from that particular department, read about the miners strike in 1984.

Got a Bombcast, Football Weekly Extra and Football Ramble to listen to at work. Lovely. Running out of new stuff sucks.

I can recommend testeds stuff too, recently got more and more into them again and Adam from mythbusters in that still untitled podcast is actually pretty great. Also idlethumbs!

But that today, new footage, has revealed that to be a excuse.

Its a good documentary, lasts around 1 hour and their interview many survivors, i choked up several times, a very hard watch.

There are more educated people than me in this very thread, but he very basic gist of it was that there was a disastrous breakdown in communications from every party responsible for crowd safety, leading to thousands too mny fans piling into one stand and getting penned in, with more and more going in even as it became clear to those inside the stadium that it was way overcrowded.

The South Yorkshire Police basically went on a massive campaign of victim-blaming to avoid responsibility and the consequences, and basically lied to the media to escape their part in it as much as they could. The S*n in particular were responsible for this systematic web of lies, taking every report, formal and informal, from the SYP as gospel with little to no research of the actual sequence of events.

As you can understand, this has led to over 20 years of attempts to expose the truth and see those responsible for the disaster, and coverup, bought to rights. An inquest into it was opened a couple of years ago, and hundreds of new pieces of evidence have come to light, we're getting more and more clear ideas of the truth, the parties in the wrong are looking worse and worse, and wider and wider.

Justice has not been done yet, but it's closer than ever thanks to the work of some truly awe-inspiring people who have never given up in the search for it, even in the face of endless setbacks, dead ends and 'always the vitims herr herr' cunts trying to discredit them and us as a fanbase.

There was a point where it clearly stopped being about football, and was clearly a conspiracy the likes of which should never be possible in any country with a functioning legal system and moral media.

Sounds like this Chelsea keeper Blackman is having a helluva game. Wonder where he'll end up in the future.

He already got a CL and Europea league medal. He might as well quit now. I've no idea why he got those as he didn't play a second, but must be pretty awesome to show off.

Funny thing, both spanish teams are fielding more Portuguese players than Benfica. Valencia has João Pereira and Ricardo Costa, Sevilla has Beto and Carriço while Benfica only has Ruben Amorim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom