• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

That Blackman kid for Chelsea is a monster. Another save. Seems he was definitely their MOTM.

Loftus-Cheek wins it.

FootballFan

That Blackman kid for Chelsea is a monster. Another save. Seems he was definitely their MOTM.

Loftus-Cheek wins it.

Isn't Blackman that guy that screwed up in the preseason friendly before this season?

I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just wondering if it's the same guy.

Turok_TTZ

One could have said the same thing about Bale, how Madrid dominate the ball on Ronaldo's side and how he would interfere with that due to his mentality. What he did however was add a different dimension to the team. If you prefer Benzema over him that's fine, but shoehorning Suarez to fit your narrative is silly.

Gareth Bale is much more a team player and when he arrived, he made it clear who was boss. Now, whether Suarez would do the same will be up for debate. Maybe he would. but not sure if he will. Mind you, Gareth bale is not as aggressive as Suarez. the profiles are not similar.

Pulga prefers suarez for whatever reason he does. I was simply answering why that is a bad idea. disagree on the shoehorning, I explained his strengths decently. Though it is true suarez has played different roles, the problem is that he is not consistent in those roles. Would I argue for CR7 to be able to play Benz's role if he has not consistently played being the creator? hell no. 4-5 games is not enough. Di maria just became a b2b when carlo put him in midfield early 2014. He has done well, but is he good enough to contend for being considered a top b2b guy? no. needs more games. needs to show the consistency. Would I argue that Benz > Suarez in Suarez main role for Liverpool? hell no, Benz hasn't played such a role in many years and to even compare would do Suarez an injustice. consistency consistency consistency consistency in playing the roles. Maybe benz could but he is not aggressive enough to do it imo. its all about the profiles and the consistency in playing the roles.

your post does give food for thought however and for that I thank you.

Benfica with 9 > Serie A

Juventus is an embarrassing team. cunts for bottom to top.

hopefully Sevilha will present an actual challenge.

Wow ref taking it over 6 minutes...

smh.

iG5EJAA9YA0dU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom