• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

If you're buying one player from abroad it takes them time to settle. Never mind half a dozen.

We all thought Sessegnon was shit in his first 6 months for SAFC, the next season he was PotY.

GorillaJu

Spurs defense is leaky as hell. Balls into the box always seem to make it to the players' feet and it takes something special from Lloris to save them.

Moyes killed him off after he got Mata.

Yep. I honestly don't get the thought process behind his minutes. He goes from playing every match for 2 months, to being benched for 3 months. Why not spread out those minutes over a longer period so he doesn't get burned out or come back rusty?

Good thing I'm listening to John Williams. His music calms me down.

Gambit

BmtfyZ1CQAA5wEO.png:large

5 days late

haha, yes.

But I am still looking forward to the game now.

BTW: what happened to Bayern-Gaf yesterday? my Goodness, glad I didn't get caught up in that.

Instead, the wedding I attended was nice, but we were only 4 people! bride & groom, best man (that would be me) and the maid of honor. Not even parents.

Still, it was fun and maybe the unusual situation made it more special.

Facism

Gold Member
AH BOLLOCKS was hoping Birmingham would go down to rot with Coventry City. Was looking forward to teasing my mandem later :( Now i'll have to buy him a pint.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs defense is leaky as hell. Balls into the box always seem to make it to the players' feet and it takes something special from Lloris to save them.

This is what Sherwood does. He's not interested in having midfielders help out the defense. He expects the 4 defenders to do everything no matter how rusty or shit they might be.

These defenders are nothing amazing but they are left horribly exposed by Sherwood's system. A Dawson-led high line without Sandro, Dembele or Capoue can never work.

Arnie

United fans whinging about the lineup each and every week is so tiring.

"Why aren't we playing an 18 year old"

Because you can't rely on an 18 year old to win you a match. Why would Giggs really give a fuck about playing youth. He's got two more games to win.

Adnan's been solid this season but nothing more.

Jesus.

Fergie

Banned
Yep. I honestly don't get the thought process behind his minutes. He goes from playing every match for 2 months, to being benched for 3 months. Why not spread out those minutes over a longer period so he doesn't get burned out or come back rusty?

Good thing I'm listening to John Williams. His music calms me down.
I don't get it either. I'm just glad Moyes is gone.

Giggs is just giving everyone minutes, hopefully Adnan comes on and maybe starts next time.

GorillaJu

Because you can't rely on an 18 year old to win you a match. Why would Giggs really give a fuck about playing youth. He's got two more games to win.

Jesus.

To be fair a lot of Liverpool fans were desperate for Sterling to be played over Downing.

Jesus.

But when the preferred senior player in question is Ashley Young ...

Jesus.

M9, he's relying on Young. That argument makes no sense.

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 3m

Paul Scholes is on the pitch playing keep-ball with the United subs. He's still the best at it. By a distance.

jamie jackson ‏@JamieJackson___ 3m

Scholes doing the Jimmy Lumsden role well in boxes. Might have had a future as a player if he'd trained on...

Unsurprising.

bobito

Banned

Jesus.

Don't understand the love for kagawa or adnan at all. Espicially given they have mata and he is objectively better.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
7-1 on aggregate against West Ham this season. I might need to borrow your avatar soon...

6 games against Arsenal and West Ham, 6 defeats and 1 goal scored.

Just one more game of this shit to endure before I can savour Sherwood being strapped into Levy's trebuchet.

Everyone ready for the games of the season (for leagues one and two)?

Here's my goal rush games today:

Tranmere v Bradford
Bristol Rovers v Mansfield
Northampton v Oxford
Torquay v Wycombe

Fingers crossed!

Scum

makes sense.

they're not very good, and don't exactly fit into pep's system.

Pep needs to realise that Bayern have no Messi, Xavi or Iniesta for his style of football. He should just stick to high pressing and counter attacking footie with them.

7-1 on aggregate against West Ham this season. I might need to borrow your avatar soon...

You're welcome to it mate. I've been told Lloris was on fine form.

Kroos is so bad

You can have Jenas for £50m.

Showaddy

Just one more game of this shit to endure before I can savour Sherwood being strapped into Levy's trebuchet.

It's the pundits supporting him that kill me Usho, saying the players let him down and he deserves another year when he picks a terrible team with no coherent tactics whatsoever.

Scum

How did we win the title?

Pep fucked up by giving it up the moment the title was won. He gave up on the momentum you had and this is the result. Like his missus said, he should stick with his winning team and put a stop to chopping and changing.

faridmon

Spurs are really shit. If only we had fraction of that money they spent. What a waste!
You know you are really bad when Downing scores against you.

Spurs losing means less pressure on us to beat Man City. Sorry Liverpool!

bjaelke

Spurs are really shit. If only we had fraction of that money they spent. What a waste!
You know you are really bad when Downing scores against you.

Spurs losing means less pressure on us to beat Man City. Sorry Liverpool!

Please. It's now or neverton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom