• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton don't want to lose, but they clearly haven't done the requisite homework in attacking movement to make 3 at the back work going forward. Hart has had nothing to do except for pick the ball out the net from a thunderbastard

Our own fault though, we've well and truly fucked ourselves.

What a pathetic bunch of ambition-free cockmonkeys the Everton 'fans' are. They still have a chance of Champion's League football yet they'd rather cut off their own noses to spite their pug-ugly faces. Unbelievable. A culture based purely on hatred where someone else's loss is of greater importance that your own team's success.

oh please, like you wouldn't the same if the teams were reversed.

Wes

venison crêpe
so he tries to track my ip and then disappears. very interesting indeed. there is a lesson to be learnt there folks.

The lesson that needs to be learnt by people in this thread is to tone down the level and amount of trolling they are pumping out. It is increasingly consuming this community to the point where I'm sure potential contributors don't feel like taking part because of how dull and insipid more and more of the posts are becoming.

Is there a place for making jokes at another team's expense? Of course there is. But there's a line and there are some on here who have flaunted with it dangerously so over recent weeks.

As a mod I don't want to, broadly speaking, say how a community should act. The community themselves should determine this. Taking my mod hat off for a second, as a member of this community many of you know I'm tired of the excessive trolling that takes place but I'm not going to moderate to my personal beliefs. The majority of the community has seemingly actively encouraged the levels of trolling and joke making at anothers expense over the past couple of years.

That's why I think if the community is tired of this kind of behaviour then collectively we have to tone down the level and amount of *quote* funny *unquote* remarks we make gradually.

If that's a direction you guys and gals agree upon then I'd suggest beginning it soon. A lot of the stuff that gets a pass in this thread is likely not going to fly in the World Cup thread.

Feorax

oh please, like you wouldn't the same if the teams were reversed.

Tbf, we tried our best when the tables were turned. Wasn't our fault United were too shit to take advantage of us beating Blackburn.

Also, we can't help it that Gerrard likes gifting Chelsea things.

Edit: Well said Wes. I agree 100%

Salvadora

Thing is Arsenal always go in when it's concerning 4th.

Everton should try as nothing is set in stone but it's most likely Arsenal are going to get that 4th spot like they have for many seasons, they're really good at picking up form in the run-in.
It's likely Arsenal will get the Champions League spot because Everton slipped up.

They were in pole position until they dropped points to Crystal Palace (+ Southampton).

GorillaJu

Everton don't want to lose, but they clearly haven't done the requisite homework in attacking movement to make 3 at the back work going forward. Hart has had nothing to do except for pick the ball out the net from a thunderbastard

Our own fault though, we've well and truly fucked ourselves.

How exactly did we fuck ourselves? We went on a retardedly long win streak, and popped up as unlikely title challengers from a basically mid-table position.

Our team performed well above expectations and we probably won't win the title in the end but it would have been an incredible, incredible thing to have taken it.

"Fucked ourselves" come on boys have some perspective here.

Zabojnik

What a pathetic bunch of ambition-free cockmonkeys the Everton 'fans' are. They still have a chance of Champion's League football yet they'd rather cut off their own noses to spite their pug-ugly faces. Unbelievable. A culture based purely on hatred where someone else's loss is of greater importance that your own team's success.

1355390605OH%20NOOOO.jpg

jtb

Banned
not if we was going for 4th.

it's not like they have nothing to play for.

they're four points behind with two games left; it's mathematically possible but it's not happening. of course you'd feel conflicted about handing the league to your rival—the fans aren't the reason the team collapsed against Palace and Southampton. I get the bitterness but it's not Everton's fault Rodgers fucked up big time against Chelsea either.

Take my word for it, nobody makes that distinction. Winning the league = winning the top division in the country. Nobody cares what it's called.

I do, I'm in the minority, but I do. Losing the league like this will kill our team for next season, no idea how Gerrard will take this.

Lakitu

st5fu
they're four points behind with two games left; it's mathematically possible but it's not happening. of course you'd feel conflicted about handing the league to your rival—the fans aren't the reason the team collapsed against Palace and Southampton. I get the bitterness but it's not Everton's fault Rodgers fucked up big time against Chelsea either.

Despite how the players feel, fans need to support their team. It's a sad day when a football rivalry clouds your feelings for you're own club.

GorillaJu

The lesson that needs to be learnt by people in this thread is to tone down the level and amount of trolling they are pumping out. It is increasingly consuming this community to the point where I'm sure potential contributors don't feel like taking part because of how dull and insipid more and more of the posts are becoming.

Is there a place for making jokes at another team's expense? Of course there is. But there's a line and there are some on here who have flaunted with it dangerously so over recent weeks.

As a mod I don't want to, broadly speaking, say how a community should act. The community themselves should determine this. Taking my mod hat off for a second, as a member of this community many of you know I'm tired of the excessive trolling that takes place but I'm not going to moderate to my personal beliefs. The majority of the community has seemingly actively encouraged the levels of trolling and joke making at anothers expense over the past couple of years.

That's why I think if the community is tired of this kind of behaviour then collectively we have to tone down the level and amount of *quote* funny *unquote* remarks we make gradually.

If that's a direction you guys and gals agree upon then I'd suggest beginning it soon. A lot of the stuff that gets a pass in this thread is likely not going to fly in the World Cup thread.

GET IN WES. This needed to be said

Hixx

The World Cup thread is going to see so many bans.

I CAN'T WAIT.

Ingeniero

Let's be real here.
4th is Arsenal's, no doubt.
Everton fans know that.
They just want to fuck Liverpool over. I don't blame them tbh.

:lol

Why is anybody surprised Everton are subdued.

Liverpool have played against teams in games which could determine the title before too. Exact same story. In fact some people applauded Gerrard for a pretty big mistake. The shame of it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They are 5th and have a chance of 4th with two games to go.

They are treating it like a fucking training match.

They have a bunch of injuries and are playing the best team in the league. They have a tiny chance of 4th. They still took the lead, they just aren't that good. The team with more to play for usually wins these games.

Fergie

Banned

Great post. It's getting a bit too much.

GorillaJu

I know no one here is actually daft enough to believe it but if anyone thinks a premier league football team managed by Roberto Martinez, the single most "stay positive, never say die" manager in the league, is going to purposefully lose to get at their rivals then they need to get their head checked ASAP.

:lol

Why is anybody surprised Everton are subdued.

Liverpool have played against teams in games which could determine the title before too. Exact same story. In fact some people applauded Gerrard for a pretty big mistake. The shame of it.
Was going to bring that up. I know for a fact some Liverpool fans when cheered when Gerrard passed it to Drogba before scoring.

EmiPrime

I do, I'm in the minority, but I do. Losing the league like this will kill our team for next season, no idea how Gerrard will take this.

A minority of one. You're free to feel how you like regarding a distinction between the old division one and the premier league but just a heads up, you'll raise more than a few eyebrows stating that Liverpool have never won the league.

How exactly did we fuck ourselves? We went on a retardedly long win streak, and popped up as unlikely title challengers from a basically mid-table position.

Our team performed well above expectations and we probably won't win the title in the end but it would have been an incredible, incredible thing to have taken it.

"Fucked ourselves" come on boys have some perspective here.

We fucked ourselves by falling over at home, against a weakened team (still very good, but weakened) when we had all week to prepare for inevitable tactics, and looked like we hadn't done an hour's worth of preperation.

Coming third would be a big achievement, the winning run was incredible, I'm very happy with the direction this team is going, but we've still fucked ourselves with that display last Sunday.

Marc

FUCK!

What a run by Barkley and great pass.

Only player who seems to give a fuck for Everton, good save by Hart I guess.

I think the Barca Madrid trolling is completely out of control.

Agreed, Pulga can overdo it a bit, not having a go but it gets a bit old.

Although in the world cup I will be hating on Argentina as much as possible.

City score, shit.

Was going to bring that up. I know for a fact some Liverpool fans when cheered when Gerrard passed it to Drogba before scoring.

I can't speak for other Liverpool fans but I didn't, I hate it when we concede a goal or lose a match regardless of how it effects other teams

A minority of one. You're free to feel how you like regarding a distinction between the old division one and the premier league but just a heads up, you'll raise more than a few eyebrows stating that Liverpool have never won the league.

Oh i'm not saying we never won the league, just we never won the "Premier League", tiniest of differences but it means something to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom