• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

I know no one here is actually daft enough to believe it but if anyone thinks a premier league football team managed by Roberto Martinez, the single most "stay positive, never say die" manager in the league, is going to purposefully lose to get at their rivals then they need to get their head checked ASAP.
Agreed.

It's not like Everton have been playing brilliantly recently anyway.
I think the Barca Madrid trolling is completely out of control.
It's absolutely awful and serves no purpose.

EmiPrime

Arsenal have got to play West Brom and fucking Norwich

On paper yeah Everton can get 4th but in reality, not so much.

Yeah, if Arsenal were in Everton's position and Spurs were in Liverpool's (hahaahhahaahaha) I would want us to lose.

Even if Everton somehow win this they still probably wouldn't come 4th and they will have gifted their rivals the league.

Mascot

There will be a betting scandal involving Everton players after this match.

They might as well just throw the fucking ball into the net.

Marc

Defending is awful and Howard looks at sea in goal, how far on his post does he have to be there and makes no movement to get back across either leaving an easy finish.

Jags can fuck off from the England squad, put in Davies or someone instead.

Scum

We fucked ourselves by falling over at home, against a weakened team (still very good, but weakened) when we had all week to prepare for inevitable tactics, and looked like we hadn't done an hour's worth of preperation.

Coming third would be a big achievement, the winning run was incredible, I'm very happy with the direction this team is going, but we've still fucked ourselves with that display last Sunday.

The Hull lose. :-/

Into

The lesson that needs to be learnt by people in this thread is to tone down the level and amount of trolling they are pumping out. It is increasingly consuming this community to the point where I'm sure potential contributors don't feel like taking part because of how dull and insipid more and more of the posts are becoming.

Is there a place for making jokes at another team's expense? Of course there is. But there's a line and there are some on here who have flaunted with it dangerously so over recent weeks.

As a mod I don't want to, broadly speaking, say how a community should act. The community themselves should determine this. Taking my mod hat off for a second, as a member of this community many of you know I'm tired of the excessive trolling that takes place but I'm not going to moderate to my personal beliefs. The majority of the community has seemingly actively encouraged the levels of trolling and joke making at anothers expense over the past couple of years.

That's why I think if the community is tired of this kind of behaviour then collectively we have to tone down the level and amount of *quote* funny *unquote* remarks we make gradually.

If that's a direction you guys and gals agree upon then I'd suggest beginning it soon. A lot of the stuff that gets a pass in this thread is likely not going to fly in the World Cup thread.

I always thought/assumed that it was okay to make fun of the teams, players and managers. But not the posters themselves, as in directly insulting or attacking anyone.

If making fun of teams themselves has a limit, then id like to know and stop doing it.

LTWheels

Yeah, if Arsenal were in Everton's position and Spurs were in Liverpool's (hahaahhahaahaha) I would want us to lose.

Even if Everton somehow win this they still probably wouldn't come 4th and they will have gifted their rivals the league.

Liverpool and Everton have a completely different relationship to Arsenal Spurs. It's very common to see both teams being supported by different members of the same family. There is a lot of 'wanting to see both teams do well for because it's good for the City.'

I would love to see Everton and Liverpool both in the CL.

The Hull lose. :-/

Doesn't bother me too much any more tbh. They played unexpectedly well, we we were unlucky to see 2 of their goals deflect in and it was at a point where we were aiming for fourth, which affords many more dropped points than a battle for the title.

Against Chelsea, we knew exactly what was at stake, went into it on a massive high, and put in an avoidable shitshow.

phaze

That's it in all likelihood. Maybe Allardyce will save you Liverpool.

Cruel fate for Gerrard. :( Can't imagine being in his situation.

Liverpool and Everton have a completely different relationship to Arsenal Spurs. It's very common to see both teams being supported by different members of the same family. There is a lot of 'wanting to see both teams do well for because it's good for the City.'

I would love to see Everton and Liverpool both in the CL.

as a final? yeah i'd like to see that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom