• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
We fucked ourselves by falling over at home, against a weakened team (still very good, but weakened) when we had all week to prepare for inevitable tactics, and looked like we hadn't done an hour's worth of preperation.

Coming third would be a big achievement, the winning run was incredible, I'm very happy with the direction this team is going, but we've still fucked ourselves with that display last Sunday.

I'm surprised Rodgers didn't settle for a bore draw, Mou would've been just fine with that. a point would have kept the title in your hands; pushing so hard for for the win—that seemed a bit irrational.

Walshy

I'm surprised Rodgers didn't settle for a bore draw, Mou would've been just fine with that. a point would have kept the title in your hands; pushing so hard for for the win—that seemed a bit irrational.
Fully agree.

It was really naive from him in hindsight, but we've played like that all season.

Feorax

I always thought/assumed that it was okay to make fun of the teams, players and managers. But not the posters themselves, as in directly insulting or attacking anyone.

If making fun of teams themselves has a limit, then id like to know and stop doing it.

There are some blanket insults being thrown around at the moment that you'd expect to see on RAWK/Redcafe/Bluemoon. They stand out like a sore thumb.

Hixx

DecentLiveDoctorfish.gif

Cunt.

2 teams parking the bus, proper parallel parking, boring but its what we should have done. That and Suarez should have showed up for at least that game of all games :/

Disagree tbh

Settling for a draw when the other team is playing for one would be a bit silly, as we'd have probably come out of the weekend thinking 'we should have gone for a win with Palace away coming up'

And we didn't lose because we were trying to win at all.

EmiPrime

Liverpool and Everton have a completely different relationship to Arsenal Spurs. It's very common to see both teams being supported by different members of the same family. There is a lot of 'wanting to see both teams do well for because it's good for the City.'

I would love to see Everton and Liverpool both in the CL.

There are plenty of divided households in London too and while the Everton/Liverpool isn't as hostile as Arsenal/Spurs I don't think there are any hardcore match going Everton fans who would want to see Liverpool re-establish themselves as a dominant force in English football.

Into

There are some blanket insults being thrown around at the moment that you'd expect to see on RAWK/Redcafe/Bluemoon. They stand out like a sore thumb.

Okay that is unfortunate, and not really in the spirit of a "sports thread".

I hope people here know what happened to the NBA thread and how sour that went, now that thread is a graveyard, me and Bla are 30% of it, and us being eurotrash we dont even know what we are talking about!

I kid, but i like this thread and most people here. I only come here during games, because its fun and active, the reactions are always fun.

jtb

Banned
we should absolutely NOT rest players for the final league games. there's a week of rest between games, they should be up for the cup no matter what. no point risking letting these players get rusty or lazy between now and then. I don't trust any of these players and I certainly don't trust Wenger to keep them on their toes. fucking play everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom