• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of yelling that Dzeko should be sold, yell that some of these "defenders " should be sold

How many failures has this City team had because of complete brainfarts from Demi or Kompany?

Sure Dzeko has missed some brain fart of chances but he has still done better than Negredo and Jovetic, complete fuckin flops.

jovetic has been injured most of the season so i wouldnt call him a flop. negredo was on fire before his shoulder injury, city need to strengthen the cb position though

jtb

Banned
it's one thing to be an endearing troll or even to have a harmless schtick (avaya/doicare). trolling is fun and then you eat crow at the end of the season when Liverpool turn out to be good.

it's another entirely to just post aggressively stupid garbage post after post after post. it's not amusing, it's not funny, it's just a waste of everyone's fucking time. the big CL matches always bring out the worst posters out of the woodwork though because there's no need for rational human thought, only schadenfruede. I'm sure the world cup threads will be insufferable but I do think it'll all settle down in the summer and once the new season rolls around again, though. it's cyclical.

I don't mind the trolling but the aggressive stupidity is really grating.

hope Yurt comes back. can he reverse his perma if he wanted to come back?

I don't know why anyone responds to hategames. His trolling is more obvious than doicare. He's clearly just some 13 year old kid, the sooner everyone ignores him the sooner he'll disappear.

bobito

Banned
it's one thing to be an endearing troll or even to have a harmless schtick (avaya/doicare). trolling is fun and then you eat crow at the end of the season when Liverpool turn out to be good.

it's another entirely to just post aggressively stupid garbage post after post after post. it's not amusing, it's not funny, it's just a waste of everyone's fucking time. the big CL matches always bring out the worst posters out of the woodwork though because there's no need for rational human thought, only schadenfruede. I'm sure the world cup threads will be insufferable but I do think it'll all settle down in the summer and once the new season rolls around again, though. it's cyclical.

I don't mind the trolling but the aggressive stupidity is really grating.

hope Yurt comes back. can he reverse his perma if he wanted to come back?

Wait did yurt ask to leave?

Wes

venison crêpe
I always thought/assumed that it was okay to make fun of the teams, players and managers. But not the posters themselves, as in directly insulting or attacking anyone.

If making fun of teams themselves has a limit, then id like to know and stop doing it.

You're right on both counts to some degree.

- Don't target your insults or jokes at GAF members.
- Entities outside of GAF are fair game.

The problem with the question with regards "amount" or "severity" is that it is completely subjective to each and every person. For instance there is a certain amount of banter that flies around in this community thread which is relatively acceptable where people who know each other well will call each other names/crude words. Its very nature means it is not conductive to a harmonious environment within the thread but it's also an intrical part of the community and not something we would want to lose. There's definitely a line here where people need to be careful not to cross.

My point in my earlier post is that as the level of trolling and/or banter has gradually increased in this thread over the past couple of years, and has ignited over the past few weeks in particular as tensions are raised as matches have become more meaningful, this community has become filled with some utterly loathsome and persistent attempts of trolling, goading or baiting. It's not conductive to good discussion or attracting new members to take part.

The World Cup is right around the corner. People who don't normally follow the sport are interested for four weeks. Imagine these same people wanting to follow the game coming in to this thread afterwards and seeing the level of vitriol and just rancid trolling which this thread has become accustomed to as of late. They wont want any part of it. We need to take a long look at ourselves and what we want this community to mean and be to each other.

Silva coming on
image.php

L1NETT

We need a cause to rally around

To remember what we mean all mean to each other

Like cunt-gate

Woy Hedgehog will unite us

--

Salva's right, we do need some new people who aren't purely antagonistic and post purely to rile people up.

We are all human, we will see these wum posts and in a rush of blood respond to them.

Mascot

if Kun and Toure are out for the remainder of the season, then hope still exists.

Edit: and Dzeko. It looks terminal. Why else would he waste precious time?

Gonna be interesting to see what City do in these last 10.

Do they sit back? It would make sense I guess but I really don't know if they are strong enough at the back to rely on that.

Edit - Dzeko lol what are you doing mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom