• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Fiorentina's season has been somewhat derailed. No CL spot, Europa league exit and now a likely cup final loss.

Edit, spoke to soon. YES get in there.

I am really starting to think that it is impossible to have a great defense if you play as attacking football as teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca, City, Dortmund play.

You are going to leave your CB's too exposed.

It worked for Barca because they were so good at keeping the ball.

Arsenal only started defending better this year because we are less attacking than we have been in the past.

City have defensively looked very poor this season.

A more balanced approach seems to work better. Look at Bayern last season, Man United under Fergie and Madrid and Arsenal this season. Chelsea have the best defense in the league and it is because they are the most cautious team in attack.

We can surely have a good defense though, whether we play open or not. We concede 2+goals way too often, and in the end it looks like it's gonna be that which kills us.

I'll be honest though, I haven't thought about it much beyond 'we need to concede less goal, Sami Hyypia is unemployed' :p

Blablurn

tumblr_n50ctl1PhY1rrboavo6_250.gif
tumblr_n50ctl1PhY1rrboavo7_250.gif

pulga

Banned
What a fluke from Vargas.

2-1.

Would he be the one taking the orders? How much would you tip him? etc.

the one time you should post the old waiter gif and you dont

smh, even you're underwhelming now

switch back to HateGames at least you're entertaining that way

subtles

We can surely have a good defense though, whether we play open or not. We concede 2+goals way too often, and in the end it looks like it's gonna be that which kills us.

I'll be honest though, I haven't thought about it much beyond 'we need to concede less goal, Sami Hyypia is unemployed' :p

What's worst is the manner in which we concede goals. I've lost count of the number of goals only we could concede.

wedward

Yeah, I think your defense can definitely improve, but you are always going to concede when you play as open as you do. Luckily you can outscore most teams.

Arsenal have been less exciting in attack this season, but they aren't constantly giving up poor goals which is nice to finally see.

Marc

He hasn't become a top class manager I thought he would, but I fucking love the man. I'd have him round for dinner any time

no obvs jokes pls

Speaking of which, just saw Hannibal. What an episode!

Casting Michael Pitt as Mason Verger is a masterstroke, one of my favourite actors, with Gary Oldman as my favourite. Ed Norton is one of my other favourites as well, never been into the Hannibal movies but they sure picked out some great actors.

Blablurn

the fuck do these overprivileged Bayern fuckholes think they are, getting off on slapping everyone willy-nilly? fuck off
(not you bla)

no idea. they all have some big problems. boateng was always stupid but... you dont slap players. but he will receive a fine from the club. thats good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs have made the most errors leading to goals in Europe's top 5 leagues.

#BasedSherwood

wedward

I'd be happy with Khedira at Arsenal.

Gets way to much shit in this thread.

Win the ball back and pass it to better players. He is great at that and we need exactly that.

Who smacks another man? Just throw a punch you pussy. Same ramifications...

A guy once threw a drink in my face. I was so fucking shocking and angry I just froze, couldn't even move never mind properly retaliate.

Still pisses me off thinking about it. Fucking pussy, what I'd give to go back and rip that cunts ears off.

Hixx

Guardian saying Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham have taken legal action against the PL because of Ji.

Maybe you shouldn't have agreed with the punishment we received in January then. Even if we are deducted points the only points that DEFINITELY would be taken off us is 1. Which right now... you know, you're still relegated
KuGsj.gif

Hamsik turns 27 in the summer.

For some reason I still saw him as a young player.

Double figures for goals every season you know. Pretty great. Until this season...good old Rafa.

I'd be happy with Khedira at Arsenal.

Gets way to much shit on this thread.

Win the ball back and pass it to better players. He is great at that and we need exactly that.

For £40m though?

wedward

Double figures for goals every season you know. Pretty great. Until this season...good old Rafa.

For £40m though?

No, of course not. I think he will leave this summer. Under 30.

Was injured between October and March, no?

Higuain and Ozil were overpriced, but neither will be seen as bad buys by the time they leave Napoli and Arsenal I think. Similar to Henderson and us.

Was injured between October and March, no?

Higuain and Ozil were overpriced, but neither will be seen as bad buys by the time they leave Napoli and Arsenal I think. Similar to Henderson and us.

Yeah he's played less games this year.

07-08 40 10
08-09 40 12
09-10 39 12
10-11 49 13
11-12 50 12
12-13 44 11
13-14 35 6

I don't think they'll be seen as bad buys. Just great dealing from Real. They recouped most of the money they spent and they signed one of the world's best players and some potentially great young players. Just got a much better team for not that much outlay.

07-08 40 10
08-09 40 12
09-10 39 12
10-11 49 13
11-12 50 12
12-13 44 11
13-14 35 6

I don't think they'll be seen as bad buys. Just great dealing from Real. They recouped most of the money they spent and they signed one of the world's best players and some potentially great young players. Just got a much better team for not that much outlay.

I'll be honest, when I said that, I thought your edit was about Ozil's price as the words 'for £40m though?' had suddenly appeared in my quote of your post :p

Agree, great business by Real no matter what happens

wedward

07-08 40 10
08-09 40 12
09-10 39 12
10-11 49 13
11-12 50 12
12-13 44 11
13-14 35 6

They are in a great position for making transfers.

Unlimited money and the most attractive club in the world.

PowderedToast

Guardian saying Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham have taken legal action against the PL because of Ji.

Maybe you shouldn't have agreed with the punishment we received in January then. Even if we are deducted points the only points that DEFINITELY would be taken off us is 1. Which right now... you know, you're still relegated
KuGsj.gif
this looks really bad. only bothered once their relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom