• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I was going to reply then I realised we've had this discussion 6000 times and you all come across like cunts and I just shake my head and bask in my superior musical taste.

So I am going to go and listen to the new Kasabian single again then go to bed. Have fun.

Superior taste and Kasabian normally don't fit in the same post mate.

Wilbur

Banned
And then you're potentially away off?

I won't ask for a perma or anything, I'll probably post just as much. But I have become disenchanted with this place at times; might just be because United have been so shit, but there's been a distinct lack of fun missing at times.

Enjoying this tonight, though.

Limericks are alright.

Yep

I was going to reply then I realised we've had this discussion 6000 times and you all come across like cunts and I just shake my head and bask in my superior musical taste.

So I am going to go and listen to the new Kasabian single again then go to bed. Have fun.

I think Kasabian are a really good singles band. Awful lot of filler on their albums, but I like a fair few singles.

Marc

I'm pretty sure no one would claim otherwise.

It is clearly the Rolling Stones. The Beatles were the One Direction of their time.

Radiohead
Beatles
Stones
Clash
Who
Jam
Blur
Pulp
Faces
Fall
Cure
Buzzcocks
New Order
Joy Division
Fleetwood Mac
Roxy Music
Arctic Monkeys
Stone Roses
Smiths
Led Zeppelin
Kinks

are all better than Oasis. And I haven't even mentioned solo artists.

Innit.

PJ Harvey
Skunk Anansie
David Bowie
Queen
ACDC (welsh frontman, counts)
The Heavy
Eurythmics
Sex Pistols
Echo and the bunnymen
Chemical Brothers

Could go on for ages.

what is your most played song in your itunes or whatever other shitty music player you use

y-you first...

The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

Not my favourite but must have left it running for ages.

Wilbur

Banned
Good heavens.

I need Salazar.

Someone wake up Salazar.

Salazar gave me that Dostoyevsky one to read recently and it was a fucking short story but i had to scroll three hundred times more than I should have because it was under the guise of poetry

Fuck poetry.

I like some metaphysical stuff. John Donne is fucking top.

I also like Ted Hughes.

Hixx

I think Kasabian are a really good singles band. Awful lot of filler on their albums, but I like a fair few singles.

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum is a really good album. I'd agree about their first two albums though and Velociraptor!

Meier

It's amazing what two good albums and cunts for brothers can do for your rep. Oasis the greatest British band of the last 50 years?

Good grief.

The Masterplan is better than just about every other band's best album. My previous post stands and is true. The Beatles started in 1960 -- they are not "from the last 50 years."

BmvJPjECEAA050S.jpg

150 goals.. and counting.

bud

Pale Blue Eyes by Velvet Underground is the most beautiful song of all time.

Remember when I sang it to you?

Please could you sing it to me? Your voice is so soft and gentle.

i remember that. i'm pretty sure i sang a verse, too!

Wilbur

Banned
The Beatles are still incredible. Can listen to Revolver on repeat all day.

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum is a really good album. I'd agree about their first two albums though and Velociraptor!

Yeah I think that's their best too.

Wilbur

Banned
See above. Stones are from '62, The Who in February '64, not the last 50 years, etc. But oasis are better than both either way. :D

You said 50+. The who would be 50 years and two months from your very strict 50 year thing

But no

Please no

Oasis are a very very decent pub rock band with some catchy singles. I don't know how they're so acclaimed. Cult of personality I guess, attributed to that fucking cunt Liam

Hixx

The Beatles put out a lot of shit but the sheer variety is stunning.

From stuff like Helter Skelter to Eleanor Rigby to basic wankery like Love Me Do (which I had to sing, in full 60s attire in front of my school, for a teacher's leaving assembly).

I only got to do that because, of the original 4 picked, a teacher decided "there wasn't a black lad in the Beatles" so I got picked instead.

I'm going to go to sleep signing Verve songs to myself in my head.

Urban Hymns is a GOAT album.

Meier

Good man.

Mine is probably Cornerstone. I listened to that a hell of a lot when I was 18/19.

So young. -________- My top 15 from them.

I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor 204
A Certain Romance 135
Fake Tales of San Francisco 118
When the Sun Goes Down 116
From the Ritz to the Rubble 96
Mardy Bum 95
Do Me a Favour 94
Riot Van 92
The View from the Afternoon 89
Brianstorm 89
Fluorescent Adolescent 88
Dancing Shoes 87
Still Take You Home 80
Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured 78
Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair 74

Wilbur

Banned
The Beatles put out a lot of shit but the sheer variety is stunning.

From stuff like Helter Skelter to Eleanor Rigby to basic wankery like Love Me Do (which I had to sing, in full 60s attire in front of my school, for a teacher's leaving assembly).

I only got to do that because, of the original 4 picked, a teacher decided "there wasn't a black lad in the Beatles" so I got picked instead.

Urban Hymns is a GOAT album.

:lol

Yeah there is a lot of average stuff, especially the early albums. But like you say, the variety of sound is amazing. That's why I love Radiohead and Arcade Fire as well, there's different genres and styles all on one album

Flight of the Conchords do this brilliantly. They put out an 11 song album, all the songs are funny, they're all different genres and they all sound legitimately like songs that could exist.

Marc

I'm going to go to sleep signing Verve songs to myself in my head.

My favourite:

The Verve - Sonnet

Love History and Lucky Man too.

Man, fuck Oasis... seriously.

I really don't. I have tried time and time again but I always come back to the same thought.

It's music to top yourself to.

With a rope made of socks
dPrJaGc.png

What about Joy Division? Atmosphere, Digital and Love Will Tear Us apart need listening to.

bud

So young. -________- My top 15 from them.

I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor 204

this is actually one of their songs i don't like at all. i remember how hyped up they were and all that jazz, and then that was their first song i'd heard. all i could think of was "... was that it?"

my absolute favorite songs are "from the ritz to the rubble" and "fake tales of san francisco."

Wilbur

Banned
HALF CASTE

WHEN YOU MIX A BLACK KEY WID A WHITE KEY DOES IT MAKE HAAAAALLFFF A KEY ?

/poetry

I went to poetry live and he was there, and I went up to him after and told him he'd left his phone on the podium he'd read from

He went back to find it

It was in his coat pocket the entire time
frU10tR.png

cremino

I saw the leader of the Napoli ultras give the authorities a thumbs up before the decision to play the game was made.

And the whole reason for the delay in the first place was because the ultras were throwing flares onto the field, preventing the game from starting.

First step to solving a problem is recognizing that it exists.

The police clearly stated that the decision was made after asking the leader of the Napoli fans, the son of a mafioso and himself a drug dealer....All that in front of the prime minister, the president, the minister of the interior (italian equivalent of the home secretary), the president of the senate and the president of the italian FA. Sometimes I'm seriously ashamed of being italian

this is actually one of their songs i don't like at all. i remember how hyped up they were and all that jazz, and then that was their first song i'd heard. all i could think of was "... was that it?"

my absolute favorite songs are "from the ritz to the rubble" and "fake tales from san francisco."

YES BUD

Wilbur

Banned

my absolute favorite songs are "from the ritz to the rubble" and "fake tales from san francisco."

Fake Tales is great.

I really love the opening of Crying Lightning, the first half up until the solo. And special shout out for R U Mine because I can play it on guitar.

Just saw that a team from the Estonian third division qualified for the EL. Can't wait till they eliminate an Eredivisie team (PSV perhaps?)

Meier

I actually still think Dancefloor holds up very well but A Certain Romance is probably the best song on the album (although I love Fake Tales). I still can't believe it is closing in on 10 years.. hard to fathom. I wish I liked AM more.

LegoArmo

I love almost everything the Arctic Monkeys have put out.

Radiohead... I like some songs but I'd never put a full album on. Just play Reckoner over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom