• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I still need to watch orange is the new black. Good from what I've seen though

Crying Lightning is easily my favourite AM song. So fucking angsty.

It's brilliant. I always think it sounds like a White Stripes song, Turner's voice aside and some colloquialisms

On that note:

White Stripes. Absolutely fucking sensational band.

The Hardest Button To Button and Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine

HNNNNNNNNNFGGGGFGGGGH

WJD

Do you guys remember when RDM had Mata, Hazard and Oscar interchanging at will and were playing some lovely pass and move stuff?

That seems a long time ago now.

Roman must be looking back at that with some regret now, Mourinho dismantling that footballing side. Jose has some balls trying to get rid of all their attacking players. Of the three though, Oscar was the least talented.

Wasn't it Rafa that got the best out of the 3? RDM barely had any time with Hazard.

Wilbur

Banned
I love almost everything the Arctic Monkeys have put out.

Radiohead... I like some songs but I'd never put a full album on. Just play Reckoner over and over.

Reckoner is beautiful

Possibly controversial opinion: In Rainbows is the best Radiohead album (when taking into consideration both sides).

Bangers & Mash is a fucken choon

Writing that, at the age he did, is just so fucking impressive.

Such a British song too.

Yeah, it really is. They're like the Kooks done fucking right.

You know those cunts are from Brighton? Why they affect that accent is beyond me.

It's brilliant. I always think it sounds like a White Stripes song, Turner's voice aside and some colloquialisms

On that note:

HNNNNNNNNNFGGGGFGGGGH

Ball and Biscuit <3

Reckoner is beautiful

Possibly controversial opinion: In Rainbows is the best Radiohead album (when taking into consideration both sides).

Bangers & Mash is a fucken choon

Yeah, it really is. They're like the Kooks done fucking right.

You know those cunts are from Brighton? Why they affect that accent is beyond me.

Not only that but the B-sides are legitimately great.

Arnie

Yea, AM is ok, but nowhere near their first album. At least they're consistent in that regard.

Their cover if that Drake song is better than anything on AM.

LegoArmo

On that note:

HNNNNNNNNNFGGGGFGGGGH
YES

Hixx

I listened to the White Stripes a lot as a teenager. Around the same time I thought Because of the Times was a good album.

Wilbur

Banned
Not only that but the B-sides are legitimately great.

Yep. 18 songs across the two sides, the variety is astonishing.

Jigsaw Falling Into Place, Reckoner, Bangers & Mash, Bodysnatchers, Down Is The New Up, House Of Cards and Faust Arp... all sound like they could be from different bands.

GOAT

Fuck you hicky

Wilbur

Banned
Remember how good the strokes used to be as well? Is This It is a genuinely incredible album, not one bad song on it.

Then one or two good ones on every album since, and the rest is cock.

Yea, AM is ok, but nowhere near their first album. At least they're consistent in that regard.

Their cover if that Drake song is better than anything on AM.

I think it's a really good album, if a bit samey. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High is a great song, in particular.

dat first album doe. Stone cold classic.

Pennywise

Yeahhh, the verse that goes "just cause he's had a couple cans he thinks it's alright to be a dickhead" :lol

He's a fantastic writer.

I do think it's their best, but AM is fucking brilliant.

I love every everything except Humburg.
AM got so many great tracks and lyrics.

No.1 Party Anthem <3

Nearly love every track/album they ever produced, apart from Humburg, there is only one or maybe two tracks that I don't like on each album.
No other band has such a good track record for me :>

Hixx

When Radiohead make a b-side as good as The Masterplan you can come and floss your teeth on my bollock hair, ok.

I had Is This It on my old Sony phone on repeat for months. I'd go in the bath instead of the shower just to listen to it.

Reckoner is absolutely stunning.

People that say Radiohead is depressing I just don't understand, Reckoner is pure beauty. Listening to it live while thinking about my girlfriend was one of the most powerful experiences of my life.

I've never felt so alive.

not since we won the Intertoto cup

Meier

Can't decide which is my favorite album of theirs. Probably Favourite Worst Nightmare but sometimes I think it's Humbug.

Wilbur

Banned
You like verse.

FUCK it's cold this morning. Not UK cold, but christ alive. I was using my genital region as an impromptu furnace between the hours of 3 and 8 am.

I don't like someone writing a novel and fucking throwing in line breaks whenever they fucking feel like it.

I also don't like overly metaphorical imagery wank, I like literal stories. I'm the same with films. Hence why I think three quarters of Tree Of Life is boring shite.

Salazar please understand.

When Radiohead make a b-side as good as The Masterplan you can come and floss your teeth on my bollock hair, ok.

I had Is This It on my old Sony phone on repeat for months. I'd go in the bath instead of the shower just to listen to it.

Do people actually floss their teeth

I've never done it

Maybe this is why I will die alone

There's a performance of Take It Or Leave It on Letterman that I just fucking love. Normally when bands act like twats and knock over microphone stands and whatnot I can't stand it, but that performance was so full of like, anger and energy

Gives me the dick throbs

LegoArmo

People that say Radiohead is depressing I just don't understand, Reckoner is pure beauty. Listening to it live while thinking about my girlfriend was one of the most powerful experiences of my life.

I really like No Surprises, actually, but it's definitely depressing.

Arnie

I'm led in my undies with a mug of tea watching Box Nation.

There is nothing I have to do or think about for at least 48 hours.

There's also a slight breeze floating in through an open window, tickling the thigh hair on the leg which is dangling outside of my duvet.

I've just decided that when I wake up tomorrow I'm going to head to the pub for a steak. Nothing can stop me. My bank account is bubbling with steak cash.

This is bliss

Hixx

I said I was going to bed 30 mins ago but I've just been listening to a live version of Secret Plans ever since.

I hate this thread. Making me listen to music like that at this time of night. I won't be able to sleep now.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course the poverty ridden Honduran only has a few Creedence LPs hahahahaha <3

It's fucking gorgeous. It's one of the most beautiful songs ever.

I need to see them live again. Oi, lets fucking go together when they announce tour dates, all my mates are into Tre Songz.

God, I'm just remembering paranoid android live

Oh my god

Exquisite

I've never had such a stonk

Salazar

I don't like someone writing a novel and fucking throwing in line breaks whenever they fucking feel like it.

You've got to stop thinking of line-endings as mere, figuratively void, semantically barren interruption.

When I say "you've got to", what I'm actually saying is "fuck it, whatever, you slime".

I'm with you on a preference for relatively direct narrative.

Marc

Holy shit, I keep forgetting how slow the PS3 is... been waiting for Payday 2 to download and install all night.

On that note:

HNNNNNNNNNFGGGGFGGGGH

Yeah, amazing, Jack White is incredibly talented. Check out The Dead Weather as well, made some good songs with that band too.

Wasn't it Rafa that got the best out of the 3? RDM barely had any time with Hazard.

They looked a lot more freeflowing under RDM, were interchanging positions a lot with a fair amount of give and go's. Just didn't get much out of the strikers. They were top of the table for a while as well I recall, that United result with the ref'ing started a bit of a freefall. Couple bad results and got kicked out, although as Wooden pointed out (come back!) the lack of qualification from the CL group stage probably sealed the deal. Any excuse to kick him out IMO. He needed a striker for the way he was trying to play, and wanted Falcao according to some.

Clegg

Remember how good the strokes used to be as well? Is This It is a genuinely incredible album, not one bad song on it.

Then one or two good ones on every album since, and the rest is cock.

I think it's a really good album, if a bit samey. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High is a great song, in particular.

dat first album doe. Stone cold classic.
The Strokes basically rejuvenated jangly pop guitar music. There wouldn't be Franz Ferdinand (another great band) or Arctic Monkeys without them.

Its a shame they never reached the heights of 'Is This It in subsequent albums. Every track was a cracker, especially Barely Legal and Trying Your Luck.

Wilbur

Banned

There's also a slight breeze floating in through an open window, tickling the thigh hair on the leg which is dangling outside of my duvet.

I've just decided that when I wake up tomorrow I'm going to head to the pub for a steak. Nothing can stop me. My bank account is bubbling with steak cash.

This is bliss

Fuck you. I'm happy for you baby honestly but fuck you.

I've worked for seven days in a row and I have four more. I had three essays due in Friday. I have another essay due in next Friday and an exam I haven't revised for yet. I'm tired. I've just watched us on MOTD. My feet hurt. My new female friend is on more dick than you can shake a stick at. I've just had a cookie and now my teeth hurt.

bud

i had an overpriced steak two weeks ago. it was dry.

why do some chefs not understand the meaning of the word medium-rare.

Yen

Also the Nike advert reminded me that Eagles of Death Metal aren't appreciated enough.

I've loved them since Heart On. Since then Jesse Hughes seems to be getting worse, as in, acting weirder (drugs?). They've been working on a new EODM album since November, should be out later this year.

Speaking of Homme, amazing that he's managed to stay creative for so long. From writing brilliant Kyuss albums when he was 18, to QotSA, to EoDM, to TCV. Pretty diverse stuff. Probably my favourite musician.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEc92wtPazU

This is bliss

Did you see the picture of the steak I cooked the other night on Whatsapp? My days, once it was cooked it was literally 4 inches thick. Heaven. Rare with a salt and pepper crust after seasoning it with salt flakes.

Of course the poverty ridden Honduran only has a few Creedence LPs hahahahaha <3

It's fucking gorgeous. It's one of the most beautiful songs ever.

I need to see them live again. Oi, lets fucking go together when they announce tour dates, all my mates are into Tre Songz.

God, I'm just remembering paranoid android live

Oh my god

Exquisite

I've never had such a stonk

Of course, I went to Manchester on my own so any company would be welcome!

Seen it twice, such a monster song. They certainly know how to put a light show together too.

Wilbur

Banned
This Newcastle protest is fucking mad :looooooooooool

I think Pardew's done a decent job this season. Lost his best player and wasn't allowed to replace him.

Oh that song is, but that generalisation has been made pretty much off the back of one song (Creep) and it's just so inaccurate.

The best cover of Creep ever is Wagner off X Factor doing it. Please if you haven't heard it, just go. Now. It's something else.

You've got to stop thinking of line-endings as mere, figuratively void, semantically barren interruption.

When I say "you've got to", what I'm actually saying is "fuck it, whatever, you slime".

I'm with you on a preference for relatively direct narrative.

No, I don't like it. I don't understand why they're poems in the first place, that's what confuses me.

Arnie

Fuck you. I'm happy for you baby honestly but fuck you.

I've worked for seven days in a row and I have four more. I had three essays due in Friday. I have another essay due in next Friday and an exam I haven't revised for yet. I'm tired. I've just watched us on MOTD. My feet hurt. My new female friend is on more dick than you can shake a stick at. I've just had a cookie and now my teeth hurt.
Wait so that girl is not your new piece? She's riding other bones?

My girl is back at work and I was making her giggle by dropping Ronan Keating quotes into random conversation. But I still haven't asked her out on a date.

God I'm excited for steak tomorrow. Steak and chips. And a pint. And ketchup.

Hixx

I've loved them since Heart On. Since then Jesse Hughes seems to be getting worse, as in, acting weirder (drugs?). They've been working on a new EODM album since November, should be out later this year.

Speaking of Homme, amazing that he's managed to stay creative for so long. From writing brilliant Kyuss albums when he was 18, to QotSA, to EoDM, to TCV. Pretty diverse stuff. Probably my favourite musician.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEc92wtPazU

Them Crooked Vultures are great.

I hope they do a new album, been about 4 years since the first I think.

The police clearly stated that the decision was made after asking the leader of the Napoli fans, the son of a mafioso and himself a drug dealer....All that in front of the prime minister, the president, the minister of the interior (italian equivalent of the home secretary), the president of the senate and the president of the italian FA. Sometimes I'm seriously ashamed of being italian

Trust me, you are not the only one.

Massimo Cellino is playing guitar with The Pigeon Detectives at the Leeds end of season awards.

Mans a fruitloop.

The guy is hilarious. You should be wishing that Zampa also buys a club in the UK.

Wilbur

Banned
The best album of all time is The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan

It's only like Dylan's eighth best album, m8. Still amazing.

Wait so that girl is not your new piece? She's riding other bones?

My girl is back at work and I was making her giggle by dropping Ronan Keating quotes into random conversation. But I still haven't asked her out on a date.

God I'm excited for steak tomorrow. Steak and chips. And a pint. And ketchup.

Nah. It's a long story, but we've been out a few times for drinks and we've kissy kissied a few times, but heard today she's still kinda seeing an ex, as well as drunkenly texting this other guy at the same time as she does me lool. Bit of an attention seeker, I think.

I'm not too fussed, I reckon I'll get lots of sex from work outings, that'll do me for now.

Arnold you're a sensation. Ronan hahaha. Why haven't you asked her out yet

Do you have to get her permission to kiss it first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom