• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Aston Villa was the only team we lost to at the Emirates this season in the league. glad we finally sorted our home form, too bad Wenger consistently fucked up away at every big team this season.

Barzul

Wish Wenger signed Suarez instead.

Ozil has been a waste of money. :(

I like him but he isn't going to win us any games. He hasn't performed well at all. He's a luxury player.
Ozil will win the FA cup this season. He influenced the Everton and Liverpool games particularly with a goal and preassist on the way to the final. Suarez is winning fuck all this season. Sometimes Arsenal fans can be so forgetful. Ozil has been far from a waste of money if we win a trophy in his first season here while securing CL.

Carbonox

Remy's a class striker. Could very well bring out the best in Ozil too due to his pace and movement as one of Ozil's best qualities is feeding players like him. Ozil can't do much with that fucking milky bar Giroud in front of him. Of course, Ozil's problems are more than just a player in front of him but he could really get those stats up next season with someone like Remy in front of him.

As said before, it's totally an Arsenal signing.

Yen

Ozil will win the FA cup this season. He influenced the Everton and Liverpool games particularly with a goal and preassist on the way to the final. Suarez is winning fuck all this season. Sometimes Arsenal fans can be so forgetful. Ozil has been far from a waste of money if we win a trophy in his first season here while securing CL.

You're right about Ozil influencing the Liverpool game.

jtb

Banned
so many times this season Ozil created something out of nothing when the play was dead, in dead-ball like situations and no one was moving because our strikers are Giroud and Sanogo. he single-handedly won us the Liverpool game in the FA cup and the Dortmund away game. he'll be better with players that are capable of making good runs and finishing ahead of him.

Ramsey - a competent defensive midfielder - Ozil midfield trio would be a world class midfield capable of competing with any team.

Salvadora

I would sell him and Aspas if it meant funding Remy as our back up.
Undoubtedly you would, but I can't think of many clubs at even the highest echelons of football who would have someone of Remy's quality as third choice. Liverpool should focus on areas of weakness rather than luxury signings.

Into

SCUDETTA' YAYAYA

What the hell is Roma doing, and Garcia had the FUCKING BALLS to call Juve tired, at least Roma looks disinterested and insanely poor

Barzul

It feels good to go into the last game of the season with CL secured. Now we can fully focus on the FA cup. I really don't care what team we put out against Norwich.

Feorax

I'd prefer Borini to be honest. He's perfectly capable as a third choice, and much more flexible in terms of his capability in other positions than Remy is.

Aspas should go, but we don't need another striker. I'd be disappointed if we bought a striker, CB or a keeper this summer, we don't need anything in those positions (unless Agger goes to Barca).

Wingers, fullbacks and central midfielders are what we should be looking at.

jtb

Banned
we split the Liverpool games. not even mad about that 5-1 loss. even picked up more points against Chelsea than Liverpool did (lol).

what really killed us this season was taking one point out of six against Moyes. good god that is simply inexcusable and wenger has to answer for that.

Wilbur

Banned
we split the Liverpool games. not even mad about that 5-1 loss. even picked up more points against Chelsea than Liverpool did (lol).

what really killed us this season was taking one point out of six against Moyes. good god that is simply inexcusable and wenger has to answer for that.

If you had taken all six points against Moyes

You'd be top

I can't breathe

Barzul

Bringing back Vela makes so much sense now that I think of it. He could be really good here now that he has more CL experience and being the main man of a team. For 3.5m, we're not going to get a better goal to pounds spent anywhere in Europe.

Abraxas

Bringing back Vela makes so much sense now that I think of it. He could be really good here now that he has more CL experience and being the main man of a team. For 3.5m, we're not going to get a better goal to pounds spent anywhere in Europe.

I'm not convinced by vela. Admittedly i've only seen him three times (barca and real) but unless we change our formation, he would need to play outwide. If we are looking for a winger, then greizmann would be a better choice.

Barzul

I'm not convinced by vela. Admittedly i've only seen him three times (barca and real) but unless we change our formation, he would need to play outwide. If we are looking for a winger, then greizmann would be a better choice.
If we sign Vela for that price, that's a lot more money we can put towards a top top striker. Griezmann will cost at least 20m, more than likely more.

Into

2013_8_20_12_2.jpg

Another one in the cabinet!

LTWheels

Lallana ain't leaving you Cunts.

Ozil with it.

Come on, it's obvious after this season that Southampton are going to be eaten up.

Especially with Cortese gone, questions if your manager will still be at the club next season, talk that the Owner wants to sell and has no interest in football. There are a lot of hungry eyes looking on.

Abraxas

If we sign Vela for that price, that's a lot more money we can put towards a top top striker. Griezmann will cost at least 20m, more than likely more.

Oh certainly, greizmann would be 30m+ at this point. However, do we want another decent squad player, or one of the most exciting young wingers in the world?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
In an ideal world Chelsea would win the title, I really hope it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom