• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Anyone here on giffgaff? Great deals there, looking to join them when my contract ends in Octerber but would like some impressions first.

velociraptor

arsenal are dreadful. i've seen arsenal play like this many times this season, so it's not because this is a meaningless game.
Yep. I honestly can't remember the last time we've actually dominated a game. Every season we do tend to have a few games where we obliterate teams. Unfortunately this season has been dreary as ever. It's like we struggle to obtain the points.

Wonder if Lallana is thinking of moving partly because it would give him more room for error with England. As long as he's at Southampton, he's one bad performance away from being dropped

I always forget some players might be motivated by the chance of international football. It just doesn't get discussed much in Scotland, I wonder what it's like to have a half decent national side...

arsenal are dreadful. i've seen arsenal play like this many times this season, so it's not because this is a meaningless game.

I would be happy if United performed like this.

isFwVwcS7RBy1.gif

velociraptor

Remy is such an Arsenal signing.

I don't mind Remy because he will inject much needed pace in the side.

I'm going to expect a beyond awful transfer window from Wenger. Pisses me off how he still is at the club after 10 years of failure. Out of 40 possible trophies, 0.

Yep. I honestly can't remember the last time we've actually dominated a game. Every season we do tend to have a few games where we obliterate teams. Unfortunately this season has been dreary as ever. It's like we struggle to obtain the points.

Wenger teams are best suited when we can play quick attacking football, like we did when we were winning shit and before Wenger lost his mind. Arteta is not suited to that type of football and slows the game down completely especially when next to Flamini. They should never start games together because their only real purpose is to kill and control games.

All of our most boring performances come with those two starting together. Arteta should only be used as a sub to control the game for the last quarter when we have the lead.

bud23

My flatmate played with City yesterday and I beat him 4-0 with Liverpool, we're pretty much on the same level skill wise.

Liverpool are awesome in fifa, i have been using them a lot lately. 4-3-3 with sterling as false 9, suarez and sturridge penetrating from the wings, destroying dreams, and coutinho sending seemingly unreal passes to them. Even henderson scored a 40 yard goal the other day. bayern and madrid can´t do shit against them.

I fucking love liverpool. Probably the most fun team to use in fifa 14.

jtb

Banned
Wish Wenger signed Suarez instead.

Ozil has been a waste of money. :(

I like him but he isn't going to win us any games. He hasn't performed well at all. He's a luxury player.

put Theo and a good striker in front of Ozil and he'll start looking a lot more useful. to say he hasn't performed well at all is really harsh; we're going to finish 7 points or so above last season's total. and we're going to do it with our best player missing half the season and our second best player out all season long. Ozil's had a lot to do with that improvement.

we played some dire football this season but we played even worse football last season. at least this season, we consistently ground out results where the last few seasons we were just hopeless all season long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom