• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Atletico down against Levante?

Blah...they still got Barca in the last game. No way in hell that the cules will let us win the title if it comes down to it.

Yea, Barcelona doesn't even need to lose on purpose. They are bad enough that Atletico would beat them even if it meant Barca winning the league.

Dark Rider

Am I wrong in thinking if Atletico lose today and Barca win the final two games then we are Champs?

IF (a hugs if that one) Atletico falls then Real Madrid is second in line to win the title (if they win their remaining games)

I think you are not taking into account the postponed match for Real Madrid

manual4

Banned
If Atletico drop points in this game and win against Malaga, do you guys think Barcelona would purposely lose against Atletico?

Messi

IF (a hugs if that one) Atletico falls then Real Madrid is second in line to win the title (if they win their remaining games)

I think you are not taking into account the postponed match for Real Madrid

Ah. They are 6 points behind with two games in hand

kmax

Am I wrong in thinking if Atletico lose today and Barca win the final two games then we are Champs?

It depends on how Real fares, I think.

Barca can accumulate max 91 if you win your last 2 games.

Atletico have 2 games remaining after this game, so if they win their next game, then they'll have 91 points too, before the Barca game. They can accumulate max 97 points if they win all their games, including the one they're playing now.

Real has 82 points with 4 games remaning, meaning that they can accumulate a maximum of 94 points.

EmiPrime

West brom fans giving it the "we support our local team" after the game outside the stadium.

As if living in the Birmingham area is something to be proud of. Cute.

Tubie

Tata has made shit even worse at Barca that I think they'll genuinely lose to Atl. Madrid.

It's not all on Tata, he's been forced to play tiki taka when that's not his style. God forbid Barcelona does something else to win games. Their own fans (and players) will keep that team down for a few years.

Dark Rider

Yea, Barcelona doesn't even need to lose on purpose. They are bad enough that Atletico would beat them even if it meant Barca winning the league.

If losing means Real Madrid will not get the title
then I think Barcelona will bend backwards, forward, sideways, on the bed, on the couch, on the sink, in the bath tube, on the roof, in the living room, in the guests room, on the lawn, across the rivers, on the fields, in the chimney and every where on planet earth to Atletico

GQman2121

Banned
They show Zola in the stands and Graeme Le Saux talks about the corner he took that Zola heeled in against Norwich in 2002. Amazing goal.

Elchele

It's not all on Tata, he's been forced to play tiki taka when that's not his style. God forbid Barcelona does something else to win games. Their own fans (and players) will keep that team down for a few years.

what. Newell's are basically a mini-Barcelona because of Tata Martino. Obviously they don't go to the extreme like Guardiola but they play possession based 4-3-3 but with a bit more of direct play

Tata got fucked because the squad is shit compared to RM's

pulga

Banned
TEEEVEEEZ!!

BmzUge2IcAAOtxJ.jpg

Cappa

Banned
question on betting.... I'm a newbie at this.

I have a multi-bet via bwin with Levante, Chelsea, and Real Madrid winning today.

I need all 3 to win for me to get the payout correct?

Atmosphere was better than I was expecting, I thought it would be a bit flat but the players dont exactly look up for it.

Sky HT analysis says we should have had a penalty for Ba getting elbowed in the stomach in the box and Olsson should have had one at the other end, it balances out I guess.

Not sure who i'd take off for Hazard, probably Salah? Not many have been good to be fair, I miss Azpili :(

Scum

The current squad is filled with shite.

4-2-3-1
Drop Xavi and Mascherano
Get two new CBs and a GK. Maybe a ST too.
Add a bit of direct play to the tiki taka and sprinkle a dabble of high pressing.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
is my math correct that athletes of madrid need only 4 points from the last 3 games to win the league? since there's no way they will drop points to malaga, a draw here should be enough to practically win it.

3Sixty

Come on, it's obvious after this season that Southampton are going to be eaten up.

Especially with Cortese gone, questions if your manager will still be at the club next season, talk that the Owner wants to sell and has no interest in football. There are a lot of hungry eyes looking on.

Owner wants to sell and no interest in football is such unsubstantiated, sexist tabloid bullshit.

Shaw will probably go because it's mega money. But I'd be extremely suprised if anyone else does.

Tubie

The current squad is filled with shite.

4-2-3-1
Drop Xavi and Mascherano
Get two new CBs and a GK. Maybe a ST too.
Add a bit of direct play to the tiki taka and sprinkle a dabble of high pressing.

This was the case at the end of last season, and what they did was pay 57-100~ million for Neymar, because that made more sense to them.

bud23

Barca beating Atletico on the final day of the season, with a flopmar hat trick, allowing madrid to reach the treble.

can you imagine?

football fan would not see the light of a new day being born.

Football gods pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom