• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

Barca with a new manager every season. They'll eventually end up with Moyes.

Barcelona has got to be one of the most difficult and fickle clubs to be a manager at, and also the most difficult to FIND a new manager for. The culture surrounding the club and the pressure around how the team is playing, let alone if they are winning or not, and how every move gets analyzed and critiqued. It's not easy to find someone who can handle it successfully. In 2008 we turned Mourinho away, instead we gambled and struck gold with the Pep and Tito duo. Finding a new "winning formula" might prove to be really hard.

I have faith in Luis Enrique if he will be the chosen one. He didn't do well in Roma but in Barcelona B and Celta he has done really good. And being the former player and youth team coach he already knows the club inside out.

kmax

If Liverpool weren't a selling club last year then we certainly aren't this year.

iBcexTwbKsGxx.gif

We'd like to order one Suarez, please.

Salvadora

Don't think Suarez will be the first 9 figure player for the simple reason that no club would be willing to pay that much. Not saying he wouldn't be worth it or Liverpool won't ask for it, but can't see it happening.

Kyoufu

Don't think Suarez will be the first 9 figure player for the simple reason that no club would be willing to pay that much. Not saying he wouldn't be worth it or Liverpool won't ask for it, but can't see it happening.

Why not? Real and Barca almost spent that much on Bale/Neymar last summer.

Difference is that this Summer it will be £50m net.

Wasn't it something like £40m and £30m net over the last two summers?

I dunno, it feels like that wouldn't be a massively greater investment. Might be way off but I'm expecting Liverpool to spend up to £70/£80m this summer - net.

I suppose the other aspect is the wages which may be a little tougher for you to push the boat out on.

Salvadora

Why not? Real and Barca almost spent that much on Bale/Neymar last summer.
Because we would be in the midst of a PR in the media if either of those clubs wanted Suarez and they both have recently have spent £100m + (inc wages) on one player. Their attention looks to be elsewhere.

Arnie

Liverpool will spend more than £50m, surely.

They've spent that much in the last 3 summers. Much stronger position now.
£50 million on top of player sales.

Reina will go. Agger might go. Aspas will go.

For what it's worth I don't think it's worth putting a figure on it. I think we'll literally go balls deep and pay what needs to be paid for the players that Brendan wants.

And it'll be lovely.

Meier

I really, seriously, genuinely, literally don't have a clue what Meier's problem is with those Rodgers quotes

Hope we go fucking HAM today. Fucking HAM. Like a sex addict in a butchers.
Saying "it's a wee bit new for them" is such a bitchy and condescending way of putting it. And it's so silly. He should be focused solely on his team and not commenting on others. It shows a lack of class and frankly that he hasn't been in the situation before. All of his bravado in the time weeks leading up to all this could bite him in the ass but you'd never know it. 0 humility at all.

elseanio

Wasn't it something like £40m and £30m net over the last two summers?

I dunno, it feels like that wouldn't be a massively greater investment. Might be way off but I'm expecting Liverpool to spend up to £70/£80m this summer - net.

I suppose the other aspect is the wages which may be a little tougher for you to push the boat out on.

£20m last season. You may be forgetting we actually got £15m for Carroll

I think next season we will spend less in transfer fees, but more in wages as we will be going after established players.

Arnie

Give over Meier, you've lost the plot.

Of course he's entitled to talk about the situation a rival faces if the by-product is an injection of optimism for his own squad.

I just hope City are as succeptible to the pressure as you are.

Saying "it's a wee bit new for them" is such a bitchy and condescending way of putting it. And it's so silly. He should be focused solely on his team and not commenting on others. It shows a lack of class and frankly that he hasn't been in the situation before. All of his bravado in the time weeks leading up to all this could bite him in the ass but you'd never know it. 0 humility at all.
He's cheating on his wife m8. Humility doesn't register.

In fairness - whilst I do think he's pricked up a little over the last couple of weeks, he has to really. When you're doing well and you're at the top of the league or at a big club, you're always under fire and attack. You have to respond.

I don't think he's gone over the line or anything - just sticking up for his club and putting pressure on the others. Funnily enough this is something Pellegrini doesn't seem to do but he looks like he'd break if he tried to run, maybe that's why.

£20m last season. You may be forgetting we actually got £15m for Carroll

I think next season we will spend less in transfer fees, but more in wages as we will be going after established players.

Ah yeah, fucking hell, £15m for Carroll lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Pellegrini's been a hypocritical fucking bellend all season, and all. I was looking forward to not having that cunt Mancini around, but Pellegrini's a thousand times as boring and still says loads of bullshit.

this is my dream team for next season

Gerrard on bench btw

Mignolet

Coentrao (or Shaw) Agger Skrtel Richards

Lallana Coutinho Fabregas Sterling

Suarez Sturridge

I'd rather buy Koke than Fabregas.

Koke, Henderson, Allen, Lallana as a diamond.

Jesus.

Koke would be more realstic, a good choice

jtb

Banned
Rodgers has always been bitchy. this isn't a new thing. remember his whining about the 40m bid over the summer? it's only now that Liverpool's relevant that anyone actually cares.

every manager whines. in all honesty, Rodgers is probably one of the less bitchy managers out there. Wenger does nothing but moan (though, as he's grown a bit more senile and we've fallen further and further from the title, he's a lot less testy), Sherwood provides nothing but hilariously deluded and bitchy quotes, Mourinho is a cunt of the highest order, etc.

who gives a shit.

LTWheels

this is my dream team for next season

Gerrard on bench btw

Mignolet

Coentrao (or Shaw) Agger Skrtel Richards

Lallana Coutinho Fabregas Sterling

Suarez Sturridge

That's a really unbalanced midfield. No engine or drive at all.

If we get Lallana, next season he and Coutinho will most likely be competing for the same place in the team. (Based on our current formation)

Arnie

Applause Jed.

You've really turned yourself around this season. At one stage you were barmy.

But lately you're bang on.

You've done a Ramsey.

That's a really unbalanced midfield. No engine or drive at all.

If we get Lallana, next season he and Coutinho will most likely be competing for the same place in the team. (Based on our current formation)

for the midfield I was keeping the diamond with Fab being a more DM like (not full DM) but with freedom of movement

kmax

Silly season's going to be spectacularly amusing during the World Cup.

We need a world class striker, as I could see Morata being loaned out this summer. He's just not good enough yet. That's what Madrid's going to focus on this summer, I think.

Arnie

Silly season's going to be spectacularly amusing during the World Cup.

We need a world class striker, as I could see Morata being loaned out this summer. He's just not good enough yet. That's what Madrid's going to focus on this summer, I think.
None really available.

Only one is Costa and he's going to England.

Muppet time.

Guardian says Barca want Özil. Arsenal should swap him for Sanchez and Fabregas and £15m.

Let's say Liverpool drop out the CL in the groups and have a mare, like 10 points off the top 4 on January 29th. Madrid come in with £60m for Suarez. His no CL release clause means he can go for £40m in the summer. What do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom