• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Woah, Zabaleta was only born in 1985! I thought he would be much older.

Muppet time.

Guardian says Barca want Özil. Arsenal should swap him for Sanchez and Fabregas and £15m.

Let's say Liverpool drop out the CL in the groups and have a mare, like 10 points off the top 4 on January 29th. Madrid come in with £60m for Suarez. His no CL release clause means he can go for £40m in the summer. What do?

John Henry says no like he did to Arsenal.

Arnie

€50 million for Koke is fine, considering his wages, his age and his potential.

Much rather do that than spunk a fat weekly wad on Kroos who's by all accounts a greedy, mopey cunt.

Provided the wages aren't inflated im a big proponent of spending a big sum to get a player through the door and nail down a position for close to a decade.

Look at Bayern post-Martinez.

Huge sum, but who's laughing now?

jtb

Banned
Applause Jed.

You've really turned yourself around this season. At one stage you were barmy.

But lately you're bang on.

You've done a Ramsey.

I have seen the light. Mou is simply insufferable and if it's a choice between Liverpool and City, then I guess I'll begrudgingly tolerate Liverpool.

€50 million for Koke is fine, considering his wages, his age and his potential.

Much rather do that than spunk a fat weekly wad on Kroos who's by all accounts a greedy, mopey cunt.

Provided the wages aren't inflated im a big proponent of spending a big sum to get a player through the door and nail down a position for close to a decade.

Look at Bayern post-Martinez.

Huge sum, but who's laughing now?

we've been linked with him? I'd rather not tbh

Nick Powell

BmyTb53CEAAjzQp.jpg

Arnie

We'll see about that. I'm sure there are a few strikers that would love to wear the white jersey and play along side Bale and Ronaldo.
You need a footballing education little one.

Players don't dictate transfers. Clubs do. In the footballing vernacular players not being 'available' doesn't mean players don't want to move or play with other great players. It means certain clubs aren't obligated or open to selling their players.

You do not have to thank me for this lesson. It's my gift to you.

Elchele

Koke already rejected a move to Manchester United in the summer, BEFORE Moyes happened. Why would he move now without CL. edit: oh, to Liverpool? ok

Also, Cesc moving? :lol With Thiago gone and Xavi being shit, he's the most important player at Barcelona aside from Messi. He's going nowhere.

jtb

Banned
eminem has clearly had a ridiculous amount of work done on his face (or at least a lot of makeup), especially with all the drugs over the years. every time he speaks, it looks like his facial muscles struggle to move.

Arnie

What a day we have here.

What a privileged position we're in.

We all get to watch these brilliant reds play.

On a bank holiday.

kmax

You need a footballing education little one.

Players don't dictate transfers. Clubs do. In the footballing vernacular players not being 'available' doesn't mean players don't want to move or play with other great players. It means certain clubs aren't obligated or open to selling their players.

You do not have to thank me for this lesson. It's my gift to you.

Not so fast, my man. You're forgetting which club we're talking about here. If we want a player, we will ultimately get them in the end, given that the player wants to play for us. Money's no issue, and no club shall stand in our way. Just ask Figo.

What I'm saying is, if we want something, we'll get it, and right now, a striker is on the menu.

bud23

Muppet time.

do?

The most wonderful time of the year innit. Bookmark this post.

Suárez to Madrid
Benzema to Arsenal
Koke And costa to chelsea
Torres to atleti
Lallana And shawn to Liverpool
Kroos to united
Reus to Bayern
Balloteli to spurs
Cesc to nowhere

Koke already rejected a move to Manchester United in the summer, BEFORE Moyes happened. Why would he move now without CL. edit: oh, to Liverpool? ok

Also, Cesc moving? :lol With Thiago gone and Xavi being shit, he's the most important player at Barcelona aside from Messi. He's going nowhere.

Moyes didn't want Koke, he scouted him and didn't think he was the right type of player.

And Fabregas is leaving. Most important player at Barca lol, are you mental. Oh wait yes you are.

confuziz

Banned
As of today

Pot 1

Real Madrid
Barca
Bayern
Chelsea
Benfica
Atletico
Arsenal (assuming they qualify)
Porto (assuming they qualify)

Pot 2

Schalke
Dortmund
Juventus
PSG
Shakhtar
Zenit (assuming they win the league)
Man City
Leverkusen (assuming they qualify)

So that leaves Ajax and Liverpool in pot 3.

Even if some of these won't qualify, you still have Napoli, Olympiakos and CSKA ahead of you.

elseanio

As of today

Pot 1

Real Madrid
Barca
Bayern
Chelsea
Benfica
Atletico
Arsenal (assuming they qualify)
Porto (assuming they qualify)

Pot 2

Schalke
Dortmund
Juventus
PSG
Shakhtar
Zenit (assuming they win the league)
Man City
Leverkusen (assuming they qualify)

So that leaves Ajax and Liverpool in pot 3.

Jarnet87

Still no van Gaal appointment. I just want him signed so he can show up to the training grounds, drop his nuts on Rooney's face and then tell Giggs, Young, Nani, Cleverly, Vidic, Evra, and Rio to

giphy.gif

Then he can board a plane to The Netherlands and finish up his job with the national team.

Still no van Gaal appointment. I just want him signed so he can show up to the training grounds, drop his nuts on Rooney's face and then tell Giggs, Young, Nani, Cleverly, Vidic, Evra, and Rio to

giphy.gif

Then he can board a plane to The Netherlands and finish up his job with the national team.

It's tmrw m8. Latest Wednesday morning.

Soon.

Hixx

Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips are playing in Jody Craddock's testimonial today. Was offered a spot on a minibus down but didn't fancy another 8 hour trip on a bus. Regretting it now seeing the pics on twitter :(

Elchele

Moyes didn't want Koke, he scouted him and didn't think he was the right type of player.

And Fabregas is leaving. Most important player at Barca lol, are you mental. Oh wait yes you are.

Not according to spanish press. He rejected the move

Who will play as CM for Barcelona if Cesc leaves? Song? Sergi Roberto? pls. Cesc is finally on the #1 position for the CM spot, he would be mad to leave.

Slizz

Wouldn't be surprised if Fabregas rejected a move.

Dude got hardcore tapped to come to Barca and then now it would seem he's not 'good enough' and has to go back to the PL where he made his name.

Who will play as CM for Barcelona if Cesc leaves? Song? Sergi Roberto? pls. Cesc is finally on the #1 position for the CM spot, he would be mad to leave.

No, the story was that he was asked about leaving - and he said he wants to stay.

I am sure if we had bid he would have rejected us. No chance he was leaving in January. But Moyes didn't want him - after scouting him. It's more a point about the state of David Moyes.

I don't know who will play there for them but they've never trusted Fabregas with control of that midfield. For good reason too - he can't do it. Fabregas is a great player but he isn't as precise as the type of player Barca need to dictate their midfield.

Jack cw

Thats true. The transition has to be done. Xavi is past his prime, Thiago is gone, so all Barca has is Cesc. He will be the centre of the new Barca.

I honestly don't see Ronaldo or Bale being able to accept Suarez. One thing Benz does exceptionally is that he's able to adapt to the ego's of the 2 of the biggest stars in modern football. Suarez would simply clash.

Slizz

I honestly don't see Ronaldo or Bale being able to accept Suarez. One thing Benz does exceptionally is that he's able to adapt to the ego's of the 2 of the biggest stars in modern football. Suarez would simply clash.

Secretly I bet Benz thinks hes the best player on the team, almost guaranteeing.... not hating though.

He reminds me of Mario Chalmers on the Heat.

Elchele

They still have Busquets and Iniesta is good for another 2 years until they find a proper CAM. Sounds like a great midfield to be honest.

Cesc-Busquets-Iniesta is better than most teams have. Can't believe they let Thiago go :lol
They really could use Kroos to replace Xavi. The guy is like a carbon copy, just bigger and blonde

L1NETT

Really hope Remy was here for WBA and not us. Would be a big flop, like our other French strikers not named Henry.

You need a quick striker who can finish and stretch the play far more than your statues you have upfront.

Aren't that many options out there, Remy makes sense.

Oh and Nicholas Anelka would like a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom