• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

I am talking about the whole League to be frank

It would have been good if the fight for the title, fight for the 4th spot, fight for relegation all came down to the last day of the season.

Now, we sort of know everything more or less, which actually turned out very anti-climatic.

If we win tonight, the title will still go down to the last day. Lose or a draw though and you're right, everything is sorted and it will be a boring Sunday.

L1NETT

I went back from black

Didn't like it :(

I'm so sorry everybody

--

Christ is there anything worse than apparent "insiders" Trying to read a smidge of news and then dork comes in saying he has a "source" (probably the janitor) about some upcoming game. Thread derailed.

I remember when you didn't even know what a PC was. You've come a long way, Riddler.

Piece of piss to do it, couldn't remember how it went together so thought I might have to remove the GPU, just had to unscrew the holding plate, slide it out, put the new one one in, screw it tight again, and screw the antennae on. I've removed the PC's sideplate so often though, one of the screwholes is too wide for the screw now, but those screws are just for security, it pretty much clips on anyway.

Now got sufficient speed to watch video, stream and play online. Back to the PS3, then :p

screw

Blackhead

Redarse
Happy Birthday, Pogba [striker]cunt[striker] pulga!!!

Tata's tactics are Moyes level

Have you take a look at the current Barcelona squad? It's depressing. Pique is basically the only CB you have
There's no striker to replace Messi, etc. Pinto lol
Even shit like Rijkaard managed to get something out of Barca, with MUCH shittier squad.

What does that tell about Tata... giant flop he was, no other way to say it. Should go back to coaching small leagues to South America.
What is this nonsense? Barca's defense is statistically better than Real Madrid, with one less game played. Pique, Alves and Alba are better than any of Atletico's individual defenders and are as good any in the world. Mascherano/Batra is better than Demichelis/Terry/Kalas/Sakho/Toure whoever you think would be a replacement. While Barca, as any other team, could always do with another worldclass defender or goalkeeper, their problem is not with the individuals, it's with the system.

The current problem with Barca's system is the reduced amount of pressing. As Jonathan Wilson points in "is this the end for tiki-taka?"
theGuardian said:
One of the reasons for Barcelona's slide from the very peak is that they have lost that intensity: stats from Whoscored.com show that Lionel Messi, for instance, has gone from retrieving possession through tackles or interceptions 2.1 times per league game in 2010-11 to 0.6 this season.
I harsh on Messi but at the moment he's both a gift and a curse. Messi's behavior is not an aberration though, it's the three year rule in effect. He's the best player in the team and so wants everybody else to do the running for him. If Barca switched up their style a bit, played a counterattacking football like Real Madrid, with Messi a free (CRonaldo) role up top, they would be God-tier again. Or Barca could play a double-pivot like the Spanish national team with Busquets and Song/Macherano (two Barca CBs that would be first choice DMs at any other team) providing solidity in the middle. But the Barca culture demands that they only play a certain way.

Tata could switch up the tactics, he had Barca hold only 49% possession while tonking Rayo 4-0, but then Barcelona starts complaining about philosophy. If easy to see why he doesn't care to stay on this job.

p.s. Rijkaard had Ronaldinho and back then the Barca crowd wasn't so rigid about tactics. Compare Ronaldinho's two goals that earned him a standing ovation at the Bernabeu with Bale's recent goal in the Cup final.

p.p.s. Lol Brendan needs to keep quiet about Man City until after the game against Palace, then he can try to pile the pressure on. He always says dumb things in conferences but everybody has been cutting him some slack because they've been winning for a bit. I'll never forget him "2-0 is the perfect away performance" after losing in the Europa League lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Too much to ask Palace to show up today, this is going to be a tanking

Carbonox

Episode 7 of Arrow Season 2

WHAT IN THE WHAT

WHAT

6sxvdu9ljqd.gif

fucking amazing this show is so good

when im older im gonna be deathstroke

FootballFan

You can just feel the tension in here when Zabojnik and Hixx have posts in the same page.

I can barely handle it.

Sturridge should shoot there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom