• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would walk to Cov and carry him to VP myself if we could get him

Sadly Parky seems set on signing some Halifax goalkeeper on the cheap whom the Halifax locals describe as "not very good"

Oof

We've had a few of them over the last few years :p

Gunning for promotion next year, or settling for comfortable survival?

Arnie

I have no clue who Luis Enrique is.

That's not a particularly bad thing, mind. I wouldn't have known Pep before he managed Barca. Very few from Spain would've known Rodgers before he managed Liverpool.

That's not a particularly bad thing, mind. I wouldn't have known Pep before he managed Barca. Very few from Spain would've known Rodgers before he managed Liverpool.

He went from Real to Barca before Figo made the opposite move. Was part of Ronaldo and Rivaldo's Barca sides, and is pretty much a legend there now.

I'm sure you'd recognise him if you saw him. Didn't retire all that long ago.

edit:
Luis-enrique-rs.jpg

L1NETT

Gunning for promotion next year, or settling for comfortable survival?

Got 11th losing Wells and our first choice left back and left winger being out for most of the season

If we can get Mcclean firing, bring some QUALITY loanees (talking Bamford quality), new goalkeeper and couple of new centre mids, new left back I think we could have a run at the playoffs

League is considerably weaker, heck a lot of Yorkshire derbies next year. Make VP a fortress...who knows

I have faith in Parkinson.

George Green on loan
Murphy
Elokobi
Mathias Pogba
Jay Emmanuel Thomas

#fantasysignings

3Sixty

I had a substantial amount of money on Luis Enrique to be next Barca boss last time until Messi and his Tata fucking fetish fucked me.

Walshy

Surely Barca would go for someone more proven seen as what happened with Tata.

Enrique failed at Roma if I remember correctly?

Arnie

Honestly I don't recognise him. My knowledge of that Barca team is fairly empty.

Speaking of money I need LVG to be announced so I can have my £40. Might put it all on a fairly safe double.

arkon

You'd probably recognize his voice. He sang Hero.

Herr K

Banned
Mamemelapija Pulga :)

I'm still alive guys. Made it out of the hospital in one piece.

WE WOOOOOOON Fooooooooooooooooorza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

sohois

I assumed he'd be better than he is.

He seems incapable of doing anything right tbh

I remember during preseason there were posters jizzing over some of his goals and proclaiming him far superior to Borini. I counseled that there was no substance on which to judge him and that Borini had had far too small a sample size to write him off either.

Now people are perfectly willing to cast Aspas into the abyss, I am once again advising caution. There has simply been no sample size of any relevance on which to judge him. It's utterly absurd for people to be throwing about the judgments that some have.

Now, I would still be willing to sell off Aspas in the summer - but it has nothing to do with the player himself. In the end, any third choice striker is going to have next to no chance because Sturridge and Suarez are just too good.

Razor554

"Meeting just ends with Luis Enrique. Both were seen shaking hands and smiling."

10314733_844231462272204_846589729720091420_n.jpg

Pretty much confirms that my favourite player of the late 90s-early 2000 Barça era is the next coach.

Adiós Tata Martino.

pulga

Banned
Have a good day plug

Edit: that email you describe sounds amazing. Good show real.

It honestly was, I had chills lol

Happy birthday plug, Enjoy your dream of la decima.

No dreams, only reality <3

Dogum gunun kutlu olsun Pulga, enjoy your day :)

dean rhodes brandon wat

Happy birthday pulga, I love you.

i love you too jesus

Happy Birthday Pulga. Don't be a cunt.

thats like asking bacon not to be racist

happy birthday Pulga

does this mean I'm out of yer ignore list *_*

Happy birthday pulga

thanks!

Mamemelapija Pulga :)

I'm still alive guys. Made it out of the hospital in one piece.

WE WOOOOOOON Fooooooooooooooooorza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

the fuck happened to you?

Arnie he's your left back for fucks sake

/slayed

I remember during preseason there were posters jizzing over some of his goals and proclaiming him far superior to Borini. I counseled that there was no substance on which to judge him and that Borini had had far too small a sample size to write him off either.

Now people are perfectly willing to cast Aspas into the abyss, I am once again advising caution. There has simply been no sample size of any relevance on which to judge him. It's utterly absurd for people to be throwing about the judgments that some have.

Now, I would still be willing to sell off Aspas in the summer - but it has nothing to do with the player himself. In the end, any third choice striker is going to have next to no chance because Sturridge and Suarez are just too good.
What line of work/study are you in?

Clegg

I remember the name Luis Enrique when I watched Barca as a kid. Can't really remember what he was spike as a player though.

Same with Guardiola.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea fan going in HAM on Mourinho on Talksport.

Bang on, as well.

Wots he saying?

Mourinho's had a weird year I think. Semi finals of the CL and where they are in the league is good for what they have in their squad; terrible strikers, weak centre midfield (until Matic came).

But he hasn't won anything again. So it's an odd one.

Blablurn

4.bild.jpg

lol..

i cant breath

but i need to tell... the story

A person from Cologne is sueing Großkreutz.... because Grosskreutz... *tries to breath*... threw a Döner at him lol.

Meier

Meier sounds like you need a lie down in a dark room with a wet flannel. Looks like the pressures is getting to you.

Honestly, I'm nervous as hell. It'll be a long week for me -- I think the players will relish in it. Hopefully Palace does us a favor today. But that doesn't change a damn thing about what I said. B-Rod has been very bitchy over the past few months especially when you guys were winning all of your games. Viva says it's necessary -- maybe it is, but it doesn't mean it isn't true.

That he was terribly wrong on his point about it being "a wee bit new" was just sort of the icing on the bitchiness cake.

Arnie

Wots he saying?

Mourinho's had a weird year I think. Semi finals of the CL and where they are in the league is good for what they have in their squad; terrible strikers, weak centre midfield (until Matic came).

But he hasn't won anything again. So it's an odd one.
Basically said that Mourinho's come back, not looked happy since day one, done most things without any dignity whatsoever and plays shit football. Not entertaining to watch as a fan and the club's name is in a bad way because of Mourinho's antics. Highlighted the attack on Wenger specifically.

Lots more that I can't remember but plenty of valid points articulated extremely well.

Elchele

Tata's tactics are Moyes level

Why do they keep crossing

pls. Moyes wouldn't even get a job in 4th division in Argentina. They actually have standards for coaches here
Tata won the league and reached semi-finals of Copa Libertadores with Newell's. Not to mention what he did with Paraguay.

Jarnet87

Basically said that Mourinho's come back, not looked happy since day one, done most things without any dignity whatsoever and plays shit football. Not entertaining to watch as a fan and the club's name is in a bad way because of Mourinho's antics. Highlighted the attack on Wenger specifically.

Lots more that I can't remember but plenty of valid points articulated extremely well.

Mou still salty Fergie chose Moyes over him, taking in out on the plastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom