• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_willy

First time this season I'm embarrassed by a performance

was embarassed by some chokey games i.e wba, but this one really irritated me. what the fuck was the defence thinking!? obviously they didnt fucking learn from last week when they were trying to push for goals and got smashed by the counters fml

My manager walked into my office about 5 minutes ago "Did you hear what happened in the Liverpool match?", I admittedly figured Liverpool scored another 3 (it was 3-0 last I had checked) giving them a 6-0 final.

...And now I see this?

:( Liverpool fans, I'm with you.

King_Moc

Banned
Well, fuck.

Though at least Suarez's reaction wasn't the reaction of a man looking to leave his club.

The defence can fuck off though. And Moses. Especially fucking moses.

flyover

City might still lose one.

Nothing would surprise me any more during this maddest of mad seasons.

Let's hope. Not only has this been probably Liverpool's best chance at a title, but it would just be a great story, considering how unexpected their success has been. If you're a fan, that's the kind of team you want to win it all. (Oh, hell. I'd settle for any kind of team winning it all...)

D_prOdigy

The roads of the Barclays Premier League are strewn with top clubs lining up to plea to their king for his approval.

Pulis sits upon his throne, sighing wistfully into the middle-distance. He is not moved to bestow the Title to any of these subjects.

He longs for the one he wished was still alive.

He longs for his one.

Moyes.

Facism

what the fuck liverpool. At least you got champs league football next season, but jesus. League was yours a few games ago :(

FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DEFENSE. GET FUCKED JOHNSON. Hope his dumbass is sold in the summer and Moses, we'll be happy to see the back of your dumbass.

tri_willy

sorry sifu gerrard, as much as we want you to win a PL title, cant see it happening anymore. that small window of opportunity, demolished

Abraxas

LblKlXx.jpg

sorry sifu gerrard, as much as we want you to win a PL title, cant see it happening anymore. that small window of opportunity, demolished

Yep. Defenses like this aren't fixed in one summer, and there's no chance we get a period of momentum to prop us up as we did in that 11 game run

Fucking livid

FootballFan

You just know City will draw vs West Ham. Football, man..

Barca draw vs Getafe "meh season was over anyway"
then
Real Madrid draw and Atletico lose "fuuuuuuuuu, coulda had shot at title"

same thing will happen

sohois

For me in the end what really killed things was not truly the defence, but fatigue. Liverpool have pretty much played the same first 11 in every game since December, and we really saw today players just not able to keep up - Suarez and Sturridge have both faded off, Suarez really badly. If either was truly on form, then the results against Chelsea and tonight wouldn't have happened. If Johnson hadn't run himself out up and down the touchline then he could have kept up with Bolasie. Gerrard too, was just not in the midfield today.

theHitcher89 said:
Hull played well and we were unfortunate for two of their goals

Palace were going nowhere until Johnson decided he couldn't be arsed to amble forward 3 yards to block a shot

Nah, it's bullshit to blame Johnson for that one. He was in line with the defence in the right position, but the midfield was nowhere closing the man down. Never enough time to close down the man

Empty

our chokejob in 2011-12 was still worse but it's nice to feel what everyone else felt watching us implode. suarez crying lawd.

sunnz

Fucking gutted.
Moments like these you can't single someone out since it is the team who ultimately failed, but fuck you Johnson.

Winning 3 nil, could have easily been 6 or 7, ends up 3-3...
Football.

Last checked the score Pool was up by 3....what the fuck happened?

3/4 horrendous individual errors

Johnson stands off against a player there's no need to stand off against
Skrtel leaves the danger to fight for an unwinnable ball
Coutinho and Johnson let Bolasie run past them instead of taking a booking

at least gerrard can have some solace that his mistake wasnt the thing that stopped us, though still sucks.

Technically speaking, that loss is the reason pool were going so high up trying to run up the score to ridiculous levels after 3-0 (I mean, honestly it's not possible to overturn a 9 goal difference... do you really think City is going to win 1-0 against fucking Villa and Fulham?).

Also, the irony of this does not fucking slip, and an actual slip is just... cosmic.

L1NETT

3/4 horrendous individual errors

Johnson stands off against a player there's no need to stand off against
Skrtel leaves the danger to fight for an unwinnable ball
Coutinho and Johnson let Bolasie run past them instead of taking a booking

Wow

Was at the Library, checked my phone and saw 3 nill. Assumed that was that

Unbelievable

Are there highlights anywhere?

sohois

Sakho and Skrtel have 1 clean sheet in 17? Christ.

The baffling thing is, neither of them have really played badly at all, Skrtel has had some individual errors but generally the pair have been solid as CBs. Indeed, only Kolo has really been poor at CB. Yet somehow the goals just keep coming

tri_willy

fuck our ever gaping defence. more fucking loose than a wizard's sleeve. got proverbially fisted and if one goal concede wasn't enough, they came back for 2nds and 3rds. i hope we get some strong reinforcements with ready established players, coz fuck, rammings are coming our way if we dont clench this fucking defence.

KingGondo

Banned
Liverpool fans need to have perspective. 100% of them would taken a 2nd-place finish and a return to the CL before the season started.

Now they have an obscene core of young talent with CL money to upgrade, a new stadium coming, and it looks like Suarez will stay.

Disappointing how it shook out, but there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Eanan said:
City have to lose one of their games.
Crazier things have happened.

Mourinho's unbeaten PL streak ended against Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom